ARC fiasco begins to unfold...

metsfan

OMG.... SMFH..... The govenor needs to grow a spine already!!! Are you serious???

"She's, like, 'So this thing's going 10 stories under Macy's, [and] then I gotta go back up and I gotta walk over to Penn Station. I get on a subway. . .' "

She sounds more stupid than her husband looks! What hastle? 34th Street will be redesigned by then, and she doesn't even live in NYC anyway!!

Excuses, excuses. I call straight bulls***!! He's the damn Governor!! It's still his fault. He's just using her as a scapegoat because he can't even man up and tell people the truth!!! And he calls himself a man? I can't even believe I just read that article!

SNL, Take it away!! PLEASE!

Alot of Railway groups blasted NJT , the current plans for the Tunnels weren't needed. NJT should have cancelled this project back in the early 2000s.....they passed up a few alternates and the Tunnel Project was sucking funding for other projects statewide. It should have been designed better.... We should spend the $$$ on enhancing our Dense Suburban / Urban Network and connecting our cities. If we built the Light Rail network and connected it into Paterson and Newark and extended the PATH into Elizabeth that would reduce the usage strain on the Tunnels by eating away at the Rail ridership.

Keep dreaming.

^ ^ ^ My thoughts exactly. ^ ^ ^

Yes light rail & rapid bus service are important, so is PATH, but a bus, a LRV, a PATH car or 2 is never going to replace the capacity that a set of new tunnels will.

Also, even if they did some congestion easing by taking some trains from nyp and putting them through to hoboken, that will only buy you a few years, hoboken will need its own service increases and those swaps will have to go back into nyp.

- A

It can be said 10000000 times, the fact of the matter is this. New Jersey does not have the money to fund this expensive project. In this awful economy, there is no money that can be used to build this tunnel.

That's totally irrelevant for the simple fact that NJ wasn't paying for anything! The FTA was footing the bill just like it is for SAS. It's stimulus funds. And now that he has stopped the project, the feds want their money back, and NJ should have to pay back every penny.

And if he were really worried about cost overruns, he would have sat down with the feds. But no, he's playing the partisan politics game. So either he man's up to finish the project, or add millions of dollars to NJ's debt. It's that simple!

And to show what liberals think of working people, here is something I read yesterday that is very eye opening:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/death_by_living_wage_FkJGuPdsVX56diCS05OVZN

Thanks to Ruben Diaz and his liberal friends, 2200 people wont get jobs.

The Post? I don't believe that story one bit! It doesn't even sound right. I'm willing to bet it didn't go down quite like that. But if by chance it did, you should have made a new thread. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand whatsoever.....

The Post? I don't believe that story one bit! It doesn't even sound right. I'm willing to bet it didn't go down quite like that. But if by chance it did, you should have made a new thread. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand whatsoever.....

Yeah no read the blasted post. It the joke paper of NYC that crackheads use for toilet paper. What I'm a little worried about is tension rising between NJ Transit and Amtrak since Amtrak wanted those tunnels built so they can expand their Northeast Regional and Acela service. Either way I'm predicting some sort of even comparmise in the not to distant future. It's a gut feeling.

^ ^ ^ My thoughts exactly. ^ ^ ^

Yes light rail & rapid bus service are important, so is PATH, but a bus, a LRV, a PATH car or 2 is never going to replace the capacity that a set of new tunnels will.

- A

Not only that, but they get full too fast, the PATH cars along with the LRVs would only take up a quarter of what a regular full capacity NJT train has, whether its a multilevel or a single mixed comet set. It would only alleviate the issues on the railroad by very small amount, so small that it just feels like a weekend 33rd Via Hoboken train on weekends, or the WTC/NWK Red line during Rush Hours.

I also have a feeling this issue isnt dead. It's just too big and too important. I mean construction has all ready begun, and it would be away for jelly fat to save face.

- A

It was a very flawed projected , that wouldn't last a decade in this region without needing expansion which it was designed for.......I rather have a station that could be expanded in the future. If the Lackawanna coalition and 4 other Railway Coalitions were against it what makes you think its such a good project? The Sierra club was very against it , there rarely against any transit projects.

http://lackawannacoalition.net/

Ok, here is a more credible source:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/12/15/2009-12-15_kissing_jobs_goodbye.html

What I was trying to say is that the same liberals who want to build a tunnel that is completely unaffordable are the same ones who fought against a project that would have given a borough with the highest unemployment rate in the entire state 2200 construction and permanent jobs.

First i gotta say this:

"Liberals" "illegals" just add an S to the end and group together people who have wildly differing perspectives and situations. Skip the part where the party is described in detail, and switch on that 2000's trend of massively compacting complicated things under tiny simple labels, labels that attempt to shortcut reality.

Truth is minimum wage is meant for kids in school, not adults with kids of their own. A living wage is sorely missing in this country, there needs to be some kind of line drawn so people can actually begin to climb out of a hole vs just make the hole into a sideways dug trench.

The ARC was fully funded, the money was al ready allocated. To think otherwise is to ignore reality. The guy canceled a project solely on his disdain for transit. If he really was concerned about money & cost over-runs he would have asked the feds for more bucks.

People are giving this cretin way, way, way too much credit, and any praise... yea no he's wrecking NJ, please don't praise that.

- A

The Tunnel wouldn't last a decade with that plan 6 tracks won't cut it in 2040.....it was a non expandable , non connected station.....and NJT knew that and pushed it anyway. It was killing funding to other projects and was not fully funded. There are other projects in this state that NJT should be doing , the Tunnels are not even at Capacity yet...

Only thing that was killing off other projects was Christie and his elimination of 30 million in state subsidy, compounded with the TTF running outa money due to ARRA funds being turned away.

As for they wouldnt last 10 years, uhm, prove it?

I'm sitting in a train that was delayed due to portal bridge opening, do you really want to argue the facts of how congested the portal stretch and tunnels are with a regular rider who actually lays eyes on the places being talked about many, many hundreds of times over how many years?

Grow or die, the choice of growing the regional economy or watch it pull way back and start to lose out to other metro areas. CC has chosen to watch the big chance pass by, screwing everyone who ever rides one foot on any line between Miami and Boston.

- A

Ok, here is a more credible source:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/12/15/2009-12-15_kissing_jobs_goodbye.html

What I was trying to say is that the same liberals who want to build a tunnel that is completely unaffordable are the same ones who fought against a project that would have given a borough with the highest unemployment rate in the entire state 2200 construction and permanent jobs.

Ok, Thanks for citing another source, I appreciate that. I also would like to add that grouping an entire party is wrong. I would never do that. I don't view all conservatives as a whole, and I don't think all of them are bad either. One of my best friends in the world is Republican. Even though we share different views, I would be really ignorant to dislike him, or anybody else solely because we have different political views. That's what's wrong with our country, and politics now. The divide between the right and left has gotten completely out of control!!

We will always have people who are out for themselves, and couldn't care less about anything that does not directly affect them. A party does not define a person, but a person can for damn sure define a party!

Only thing that was killing off other projects was Christie and his elimination of 30 million in state subsidy, compounded with the TTF running outa money due to ARRA funds being turned away.

As for they wouldnt last 10 years, uhm, prove it?

I'm sitting in a train that was delayed due to portal bridge opening, do you really want to argue the facts of how congested the portal stretch and tunnels are with a regular rider who actually lays eyes on the places being talked about many, many hundreds of times over how many years?

Grow or die, the choice of growing the regional economy or watch it pull way back and start to lose out to other metro areas. CC has chosen to watch the big chance pass by, screwing everyone who ever rides one foot on any line between Miami and Boston.

- A

Well the Portal bridge is Amtrak's fault and and now will have to wait for the Amtrak plan. Maybe you should move closer to NYC so you would have better commuting options....instead of living in bad PA. Mind you that the Majority of the Rail fanning / Advocate community was against this current plan and maybe once you read the plans you'll agree.

Oh, so now a bridge built 61 years before amtrak exsisted is "their fault"?

Do any of you actually like, travel over these areas? Do you even know what you are talking about?

If amtrak had the money, things would look a lot different in this country. People you vote for decide how much they get. How clever are most people as a whole?

So, you were saying about fault...?

- A

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, so now a bridge built 61 years before amtrak exsisted is "their fault"?

Do any of you actually like, travel over these areas? Do you even know what you are talking about?

If amtrak had the money, things would look a lot different in this country. People you vote for decide how much they get. How clever are most people as a whole?

So, you were saying about fault...?

- A

I do , ive even walked the bank of the Portal bridge , but there are actual worse Amtrak bridges in the state. Amtrak owns the line , thus its there responsibly......if NJT owned the line it would have been replaced by now......

Archived