A Fantasy Map Right Here

Broadway Local

Why the obsession with the Bronx? I mean, it could use some subway improvements, but the Bronx has good subway access already. Surely there are a lot more worthy projects in Brooklyn or (especially) Queens.

Agreed, there's not much besides buses in a lot of Queens.

Ok, the Bronx doesn't need more services since you have like 675493 lines running there XD

* Well eastern Queens is empty, might extend the (F) & the (E)(J)(Z) eastward.

* Extend the (Q)(W) to LGA

Eh that's all :)

Ps. where does that transfer at 138 Street on the (4)(5) lead to? lol

Ok, the Bronx doesn't need more services since you have like 675493 lines running there XD

What can I replace the (N) in 2nd Avenue Subway by because I will make the (N) go via Queens Blvd Local?

* Well eastern Queens is empty, might extend the (F) & the (E)(J)(Z) eastward.

I will make the (E)(J)(Z) extended to 168th Street

The (F) will remain to 179th Street and I'll extend the (N) instead. I will make the (N) go via the (F) between Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd and the last stop northbound.

* Extend the (Q)(W) to LGA

There's no need to. The M60 will make its service to LGA.

Ps. where does that transfer at 138 Street on the (4)(5) lead to? lol

Whoops! lol

What can I replace the (N) in 2nd Avenue Subway by because I will make the (N) go via Queens Blvd Local?

The (R) is already Queens Blvd local

I will make the (E)(J)(Z) extended to 168th Street

The (F) will remain to 179th Street and I'll extend the (N) instead. I will make the (N) go via the (F) between Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd and the last stop northbound.

umm I dont know hows that gonna work.

There's no need to. The M60 will make its service to LGA.

Ok it's your map :)

Whoops! lol

Replies in Pink

Why the obsession with the Bronx? I mean, it could use some subway improvements, but the Bronx has good subway access already. Surely there are a lot more worthy projects in Brooklyn or (especially) Queens.

Agreed, and I'm from the Bronx originally. Queens needs more subway service. It's bad enough we can't even get 60-foot buses on the Q12, Q13 and Q46 lines.

Changes:

(D)- To Co-op City Northbound

(E)- Queens Blvd Local

(F)(N)- Queens Blvd Express and Northbound trains terminate at Queens Village-217th Street. Trains run express between Queens Plaza or 21st Street-Queensbridge and Forest Hills. (F) will continue to run express between Forest Hills and Queens Village-217th Street. (N) will run local between Forest Hills and Queens Village-217th Street.

(Q)- To 125th Street Rush Hours

Changes:

(D)- To Co-op City Northbound

(E)- Queens Blvd Local

(F)(N)- Queens Blvd Express and Northbound trains terminate at Queens Village-217th Street. Trains run express between Queens Plaza or 21st Street-Queensbridge and Forest Hills. (F) will continue to run express between Forest Hills and Queens Village-217th Street. (N) will run local between Forest Hills and Queens Village-217th Street.

(Q)- To 125th Street Rush Hours

If the (E)(M)(R) are all going to be local in Queens then QP would get backed up with both 53rd st lines switching to the local and the (N) switching to go express. those 3 lines would conga line the local track to 71st and then the (E)s would get stuck because of fumigation. I don't see the need for 2 Bway services on QB especially if the (E) is going local when its always packed.

You would do better with something like a Merrick Bl line and:

(E) QB Exp to Merrick/Springfield

(F) QB Exp to 179 St, local to 217 St (why not Springfield at that point?)

(J)/(Z) to Merrick/Brookville Bl local

(M) QB lcl to 179 St

(R) QB lcl to Merrick/Springfield

Merrick Bl Line stops

upper level and lower level merge, (R) would switch to (J) local tracks

Merrick/Liberty Av

109 Av

Linden EXP

Baisley

Foch?

Farmers

Springfield EXP (E) & (R) last stop

Francis Lewis

Brookville

The (A) really isn't needed in the Bronx, as for the (3)/(S) the service to Hunts Point is really just the Bx6 and whats the stop after Castle Hill?

About the E. 177th -

Similar to the Morrison - Soundview Avenues situation (where Soundview Avenue doesn't exist near the station anymore), East 177th Street does not go through Parkchester, or any area lower. That would most likely be the CBE Service Road.

There is East 177th Street between:

Jerome Av/Grand Concourse

Devoe Av/Cross Bronx Expy Service Rd

Bruckner Blvd/Longstreet Av

I got this by google maps

The first two I'm sure of, But I hadn't been sure of that third one. But if google says it (which I've checked, and it does) then alright.

Tremont Avenue was originally named 177 Street in the past too.

I was debating mentioning that, because I had never verified that particular fact, But I had believed so.

Yes. it was! :tup: East 177th Street[West Farms Square 70(2) 70(5). We also had Intervale Avenue-163d Street 70(2) 70(5). On the 70(8) there was 200th Street rather than Bedford Park Boulevard.

I've noticed that on the old maps that they have posted in the Subway restaurants [ the WFS - 177th ]

Archived