MTA to rehire some laid off clerks back, some may return as cleaners

rtype3995

from a few sources(including somone in the union):

there is word that the ta is going to hire back clerks, and may even hire some of the laid off ones back as cleaners...............i dont know anything further, other than there is a meeting thursday in regards to it.........

Well I'll take the job as it's only about 2 dollars and change less than I was getting paid as an S/A and since I'am on the C/R and T/O promo list I won't plan on being a CTA very long. Shit right now a job is a job. There ain't much of nothing out here. I've been on countless interviews since I've been laid off with no luck at all. And right about now bills are getting tight and $405 a week before taxes aint cuttin it.

Well I'll take the job as it's only about 2 dollars and change less than I was getting paid as an S/A and since I'am on the C/R and T/O promo list I won't plan on being a CTA very long. Shit right now a job is a job. There ain't much of nothing out here. I've been on countless interviews since I've been laid off with no luck at all. And right about now bills are getting tight and $405 a wetk before taxes aint cuttin it.

You still are able to get in thru the promo test even though you were canned?

There's folks in Metro North land doing the same thing. They were hired as ticket sellers, customer service rep's and inventory control clerks. Many of them are now sweeping and mopping.

Even though the the custodian pays between $2 and $3 an hours less than the others, it looks much more attractive than being put on the street.

You still are able to get in thru the promo test even though you were canned?

We were laid off not canned. After being laid off we were put on a preferred list which will stay in existence for 4 years, so that gives us the right to still be considered for promo exams. If some one was fired then they would not be considered for any promo exams or reinstatement.

We were laid off not canned. After being laid off we were put on a preferred list which will stay in existence for 4 years, so that gives us the right to still be considered for promo exams. If some one was fired then they would not be considered for any promo exams or reinstatement.

Oh good for you, at least you had something in your back pocket.

Oh good for you, at least you had something in your back pocket.

I've been planing ahead ever since I was hired by the TA. I've taken promo exams as well as other civil service exams outside of the TA. Being an S/A was a decent job that paid well, but it was nothing I wanted to retire as. Well I will be at the meeting tomorrow to see what the union has to say.

That's cool. Definitely better than being on the street. I c

an vouch for the part about there being no work out there. I am back working at my old job for now, but only because my father in law is the shop foreman and they got swamped with work.but it comes with the price of being away from my wife n kids 5 days a week because the job is 125 miles from home in upstate ny. I wish the ta could do something about bringing back drivers sooner. I was told, maybe, maybe, if things go well (whatever that means) that I would be brought back sometime in the late spring.

an vouch for the part about there being no work out there. I am back working at my old job for now, but only because my father in law is the shop foreman and they got swamped with work.but it comes with the price of being away from my wife n kids 5 days a week because the job is 125 miles from home in upstate ny. I wish the ta could do something about bringing back drivers sooner. I was told, maybe, maybe, if things go well (whatever that means) that I would be brought back sometime in the late spring.

I was told by another Operator that someone from the union over at MTA Bus said that next year they may start doing what NJ Transit does we will see and if so that was a long time coming

Stay up brother, I heard they did y'all real bad at MABSTOA. Your division rep was at the laid off S/A meeting and he informed us of how the TA hired 158 New B/O's off the street while 160 of you guys stay outta work. That's just not right at all man. I hope in the very near future the union can find a way to get you guys back to work.

Archived