Apple Award

Via Garibaldi 8

Who originally came up with this idea and aside from the pin, is there anything else that comes with it? I read previous posts that said drivers who display above and beyond service get it, but what exactly would that constitute?? There are a few B/Os on Staten Island that I think may be deserving of the reward.

Let's try to stay on topic... The way I see it people get way too offended in here. We should all be able to have and air our differences accordingly.

Oh, now look who wants to play mediator all of a sudden...

I'm not the one that made the original comment, so spare it....

The passenger calls some number and tells the MTA the bus # and time/location, or just the BO's ID number. Then, theoretically, the BO gets the award.

Yep, it's usually the badge number...

as far as obtaining the award, I think it's more to it than just a random someone relaying a badge number, what route that b/o was operating, and the direction headed around what intersection @ what timeframe the bus was operated on, as well....

Oh, now look who wants to play mediator all of a sudden...

I'm not the one that made the original comment, so spare it....

Yep, it's usually the badge number...

as far as obtaining the award, I think it's more to it than just a random someone relaying a badge number, what route that b/o was operating, and the direction headed around what intersection @ what timeframe the bus was operated on, as well....

I just notice that anytime anyone says some that is considered "negative" on here they're automatically attacked or they're "bitching" and rather than having another thread closed, I'd rather have the question that I posed actually answered. So far it appears as if no one knows for sure.

According to my B/O friend who FINALLY got my accomedation, you call, give the bus #, badge # direction, route and boarding exiting spot... wait an eternity (naturally with the MTA) and the driver will recieive an apple pin and a certificate for honorable service with his or her name in it from the superintenant of the depot.

I just notice that anytime anyone says some that is considered "negative" on here they're automatically attacked or they're "bitching" and rather than having another thread closed, I'd rather have the question that I posed actually answered. So far it appears as if no one knows for sure.

nah, it's just YOU that gets accused of bitching & getting automatically attacked because of it...

it isn't that people get way too offended... we're not gonna lie down & succumb to what you say - just because you said it...

Totally full of yourself if you think mouthing off to people wont result in getting your slick remarks thrown right back at you...

The common denominator in these closed threads as of late, is YOU.

We haven't had many locked threads on this forum recently until YOU came about, with the level of negativity (and obnoxiousness) you exude in your posts...

Let's not talk about what we'd "rather" you do....

With the way you denounce b/o's, I don't blame the ones we have here, for not answering your question....

nah, it's just YOU that gets accused of bitching & getting automatically attacked because of it...

it isn't that people get way too offended... we're not gonna lie down & succumb to what you say - just because you said it...

Totally full of yourself if you think mouthing off to people wont result in getting your slick remarks thrown right back at you...

The common denominator in these closed threads as of late, is YOU.

We haven't had many locked threads on this forum recently until YOU came about, with the level of negativity (and obnoxiousness) you exude in your posts...

Let's not talk about what we'd "rather" you do....

With the way you denounce b/o's, I don't blame the ones we have here, for not answering your question....

I see you're still sulking about my previous posts to which you read in a way that you wanted it to suite you... That's fine if you feel that way, but I say what's on my mind and I never bite my toungue, be it here or in person because that's my personality and I let the chips fall where they may. And I'm not apologizing for anything that I said because there was no malintent in any of my posts. Now we've both said our piece and I feel we should let sleeping dogs lie and move on unless you're not mature enough to do that.

I see you're still sulking about my previous posts to which you read in a way that you wanted it to suite you... That's fine if you feel that way, but I say what's on my mind and I never bite my toungue, be it here or in person because that's my personality and I let the chips fall where they may. And I'm not apologizing for anything that I said because there was no malintent in any of my posts. Now we've both said our piece and I feel we should let sleeping dogs lie and move on unless you're not mature enough to do that.

the old maturity cop out....

Look...

That last post I made, is about your previous posts between you and everyone else on this forum that you've gotten into it with... stop using that weak ass excuse of me interpreting your posts in a way I want it to suit me... talk about being self-absorbed.....

Right now, you're twisting it as if to say, I'm the only person that has a problem w/ you on this forum... and from the looks of it... lol... that's simply not true.

far as Apologizing for anything b/c that's the way you are...

Dude, I don't care if you fall off a cliff with that sleeping dog.

....But know that if you direct some snide remark my way from this point on, and I happen to see it...

you WILL get a retort out of me.

the old maturity cop out....

Look...

That last post I made, is about your previous posts between you and everyone else on this forum that you've gotten into it with... stop using that weak ass excuse of me interpreting your posts in a way I want it to suit me... talk about being self-absorbed.....

Right now, you're twisting it as if to say, I'm the only person that has a problem w/ you on this forum... and from the looks of it... lol... that's simply not true.

far as Apologizing for anything b/c that's the way you are...

Dude, I don't care if you fall off a cliff with that sleeping dog.

....But know that if you direct some snide remark my way from this point on, and I happen to see it...

you WILL get a retort out of me.

What you don't know is that I already talked to the others that had issues with me on this forum. Maybe you take such offense to my remarks and feel that I'm so "arrogant" as you put it because of your own insecurities. Nothing I can do about that... I know how the old game goes... The newbies like me are supposed to "know their place" right? Well, sorry but I don't play that game. Any time you feel the need to call me out as you say, go right on ahead, so long as we can discuss things like civil human beings. Now can we please move on already? :P

Ok back on subject. If you think your bus operator deserves an Apple Award — our special recognition for service, courtesy and professionalism —

call 888-692-8287 and give us the badge or bus number. This is on the front of all NYCT bus time tables.

Is it only for NYCT B/O's, becuase I never see the number on the timetables for MTA Bus routes?

On a related note, do MTA Bus B/O's even get a badge? Most of them that I see are not wearing them, or have a laminated ID badge instead.

Is it only for NYCT B/O's, becuase I never see the number on the timetables for MTA Bus routes?

On a related note, do MTA Bus B/O's even get a badge? Most of them that I see are not wearing them, or have a laminated ID badge instead.

And that would make sense too because if I recall correctly the Apple Award started before MTA Bus was created...

Archived