Construction Of One World Trade Center Reaches The Halfway Marker

EE Broadway Local

Construction of One World Trade Center (formerly known as The Freedom Tower) reached the halfway marker yesterday (Thursday December 16, 2010) when steel beams reached the 52d floor.

One World Trade Center will be 1,776 feet and 104 stories when complete.

Story and Video from NY1: http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/130755//one-world-trade-center-reaches-halfway-point

While I do agree that they should have had rebuilt the the Twin Towers it's too late to take down the Freedom Tower. The base and the steel have already been put together. You can't tell those workers thanks for your hard work it's time to implode what you had built, and it's nearly impossible to take it down, because a specific part of the building already went up, and you would need to implode that.

Maybe if the economy gets better they would build up the rest of the WTC site and build Twin Freedom Towers, but for now the Freedom Tower is going up with Four WTC, the WTC Transportation Hub, the WTC Memorial, and the already current 7 WTC.

twin_freedom_towers600.jpg

It's nice to know that someone did propose to rebuild the Twin Towers.

276513si-600x285.png

Maybe if the economy gets better they would build up the rest of the WTC site and build Twin Freedom Towers, but for now the Freedom Tower is going up with Four WTC, the WTC Transportation Hub, the WTC Memorial, and the already current 7 WTC.

It's nice to know that someone did propose to rebuild the Twin Towers.

I hope you do realize that we are never going to see Twin Freedom Towers. No, not even maybe when the economy gets better. Only the currently planned buildings will be built. The PA also wouldn't include just a provision for a twin tower; that would be a central idea to the design, and if they reeeally wanted it they would have just rebuilt the Twin Towers but to more modern specs. But the new design is going forward and making a more efficient building out of what once was.

I like the new building designs than the Twin towers. The Twin towers were surrounded by ugly office buildings. But these new towers look wonderful. I do wish they were to finish tower 2 before 3 and 4 though. That's my 2nd fav of the building designs.

Really? If you ask me, everything around the freedom tower and the freedom tower itself looks like steel bent into a bunch of wacked shapes, at odd angles facing all different directions.

Really? If you ask me, everything around the freedom tower and the freedom tower itself looks like steel bent into a bunch of wacked shapes, at odd angles facing all different directions.
Well it is better than being surrounded by three ugly black buildings (4, 5 and 6 WTC), A whitish, gray hotel (3 WTC) and a reddish pink colored building (7 WTC).

Archived