M60 Question

Shortline Bus

:tup:Hi Guys! I am not sure if it's had own topic before but feel free to talk about the M60.

Just a general question? I have not been on the M60 in about 4-5 years, and plan to use it Christmas Eve going to LGA Airport. My flight leaves 1130am as I change in Baltimore's BWI-Thurgood Marshall Airport to go to San Diego.

Usually I fly from either Newark or JFK to Southern Calif to see my family.

I have to arrive at the airport no later than 930am-945am(you need to arrive 2 hours for a domestic flight thanks to our lovely TSA) so how long is the M60 trip from the 125th/Park Ave Metro North station to LGA? :confused:

Also on X-mas Eve will NYC Transit be on a weekday or weekend schedule and will that the M60 likely be SRO?

Thanks in Advance.

:tup:Hi Guys! I am not sure if it's had own topic before but feel free to talk about the M60.

Just a general question? I have not been on the M60 in about 4-5 years, and plan to use it Christmas Eve going to LGA Airport. My flight leaves 1130am as I change in Baltimore's BWI-Thurgood Marshall Airport to go to San Diego.

I plan to arrive at the airport no later than 930am so how long is the M60 trip from the 125th/Park Ave Metro North station to LGA? :confused:

Also on X-mas Eve will NYC Transit be on a weekday or weekend schedule and will that the M60 likely be SRO?

Thanks in Advance.

1. Christmas Eve is a Saturday schedule for NYCT.

2. The M60 runs every ten minutes on Saturday mornings.

Info: http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m060cur.pdf

I'm basing this from the M60 Saturday schedule heading to the airport, so your bus should arrive Park Avenue approximately at 8:55AM, and should arrive at LaGuardia Airport Delta Terminal around 9:25AM. Keep in mind that traffic, poor weather, and the like can delay bus service. Christmas Eve will run on a Saturday schedule while Christmas will run on a Sunday Schedule. I hope this helps.

I have to arrive at the airport no later than 930am-945am(you need to arrive 2 hours for a domestic flight thanks to our lovely TSA) so how long is the M60 trip from the 125th/Park Ave Metro North station to LGA? :confused:

Thanks in Advance.

Leave your house between 8am and 8:15am, just to be on the safe side. and from there just grab the M60 bus and take it straight to the airport. you might get there a little early than expected, but its better than being late for your flight.

Leave your house between 8am and 8:15am, just to be on the safe side. and from there just grab the M60 bus and take it straight to the airport. you might get there a little early than expected, but its better than being late for your flight.

If i left my house at 8am I will miss my flight.:cool: I live upstate NY in Dutchess County right off the Metro North Hudson Line. Maybe arrive at 125th and Park at around 830-9am at the latest.

I have to catch a train around 630am-7am leaving Poughkeepsie or New Hamburg so i probably be up no later than 6am if I packed the night before.:confused:

One last question. Does the M60 going to the airport on day before major holidays i.e Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc. gets to be SRO in the 8-10am time frame?

If I were you, its not worth to take a bus going to LGA, take a cab. Pay higher fare if you not broke. It is less nerve wrecking and going to the airport w/o stopping at Astoria Blvd station and Airline Terminals if you really short on time.

You'll be better off going to 74-Bway (E)(F)(M)(R)(7) and catching the Q33 from there

This is what I do almost every time I fly in or out of LGA. To me it makes life much more simple. I have an unlimited MetroCard at all times. Its the most cost effective way to travel. The only traffic you encouter is on the Q33 line. I also get to past my favorite Queens depot in the process.

If you have a lot of bags, I say van service is the best $30-$60 including tip.

If you are in a hurry, hail a cab.

This is what I do almost every time I fly in or out of LGA. To me it makes life much more simple. I have an unlimited MetroCard at all times. Its the most cost effective way to travel. The only traffic you encouter is on the Q33 line. I also get to past my favorite Queens depot in the process.

And the only traffic you encounter is on 82 & 83 Sts, and sometimes in front of the depot. Other than that, its wide open stretches. Also if possible, take the a cab from 74-Bway.

Thanks for tip. I only going to have 1 bag for the flight and travel(school bag for adults)bag going so I should be ok. Going back I may take the Q33 to 74th/Jackson Heights to connect w/ subway to get Metro North at GCT since I be going home w/ X-mas gifts.

Guys thanks for the M60 tip. Yesterday (Christmas Eve '10) I got to the

125th St. /Park Ave. Metro North station with no problems on the train I rode. So brief play-play of using the M60.

Boarded the M60 at around 845 am and waited 15 minutes just missing one. Two (M60) bueses arrived at same time and both SRO. I boarded the first one as the 2nd one skipped us.

A few riders got off at the Astoria Blvd (N) station. However our bus still had about 10 riders standing all the way to the airport. The other bus had about only 3-4 people standing.

So I don't use the (M60)all the time but wondering does this need artics?

Guys thanks for the M60 tip. Yesterday (Christmas Eve '10) I got to the

125th St. /Park Ave. Metro North station with no problems on the train I rode. So brief play-play of using the M60.

Boarded the M60 at around 845 am and waited 15 minutes just missing one. Two (M60) bueses arrived at same time and both SRO. I boarded the first one as the 2nd one skipped us.

A few riders got off at the Astoria Blvd (N) station. However our bus still had about 10 riders standing all the way to the airport. The other bus had about only 3-4 people standing.

So I don't use the (M60)all the time but wondering does this need artics?

It does IMO but at what cost? If they do that, then every other bus might be cut. But at the same time, both buses would probably sctch up to each other on 125 St

Also, that street is like an artic war zone. Every bus that runs down 125 St (with the exception of the M60) uses one at one point or another during the day

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen an artic on the M100 in a while.

Anyway, a lot of people who use one of the 125 Street routes use it only on 125 Street.

Well last night coming into LGA at around 1030pm, had to use the Q33 to the (7) line instead of the easier M60 to get to Metro North.

Crush loaded M60's as two came by. Then none showed up for 20 minutes and probably had bus bunching so just want and took the much more frequent and less crowded Q33 instead.

If not artics, the M60's needs more frequent service.

That's what Manhattanville B/O said to me when they were driving before 126th St Depot took over.

If Artic was on M60, they need to take away the barrier at Central Terminal B and Marine Air Terminal.

That is a pretty sharp turn by Marine Air Term. By the way most drivers over there drive, I'm suprised even a 40' can make it...if they remove those barriers up there, it would give drivers a lil more room to turn

Not to go OT, but I did see an artic on the M100 on New Years Day.

They run them from time to time, depending on if its needed or not

Archived