Wouldn't it be cool if the Metrocard did this?

WannaBeMTA12

if there was a webpage attached to the mta.info page that u can enter your metrocard serial number and see how many times it was used, where it was used on what time and day, what trains u took and transfered to another train or a bus etc.....

a TB cop told me there is a system to catch excessive usage metrocards...so i kno they have something up their sleeves

mta needs to work on this....what do u guys say?

ps....the station agents have something similar to this system im talking about...but i want a ''civilian accessible'' one.

the trouble is, if you can see this information on the internet, everyone else can. I could just type a random string of numbers and track someone down.

so u say ''random string of numbers'' right, NO DISRESPECT but that person has to be a loser to do that....who has the time to do that....it would be fun to look at the travel history but would be pointless

i dont think its a threat to someones personal security

lol, privacy my ass. Since when do MCs store the owners information on the card?

It doesn't but the system does

Why would the public need to know this? Only someone with no life wants a record of what station they entered, what bus they swiped on. And why would you need to know this? You're the one who's using your card.

How? Why? Barely anyone I know knows that the (MTA) has a website. Only us railfans do. They complain that the (MTA) doesn't warn about service changes, but they would already post it on the website a day before. Besides I believe those swipers at train stations tell enough information on how much money your card has left.

there is a diffrence between a card's ballance and it's autobiography.

However, I don't see the need for the public to know the history of trips on each Metrocard. As others have stated that it is "big brother tracking" your every move and I don't like the idea at all... A total violation of privacy.

With that said, you should be able to see your balance online or even find out over the phone. For me this isn't an issue since I always buy the Unlimited Express Bus Plus Card. :cool:

Well then you would have to tell every New Yorker about the (MTA)'s website since most of them don't even know it exist.

DExpress3LED.gif-Thanks IRT Bronx Express

For years, the MTA website was pretty useless in terms of notifications. It's only within the last few years with the site being re-done that it's being used as it should be. But still, I think the MTA can do much better with making it easier to find important information. I actually went looking for very basic info. today on the website and couldn't find it because where I was looking, the information wasn't updated there.

so u say ''random string of numbers'' right, NO DISRESPECT but that person has to be a loser to do that....who has the time to do that....it would be fun to look at the travel history but would be pointless

i dont think its a threat to someones personal security

There are lots of f***ing losers in this world.

They steal people's identities every day and almost always never get made to pay for the full extent of the damage they cause. I think they should be castrated publicly and then shot in the face, just to be appropriately cruel. The government doesn't think so.

So in the meanwhile, why give them one more opportunity to commit a crime they will never appropriately pay for?

lol, privacy my ass. Since when do MCs store the owners information on the card?

The information is stored by the system, but certainly not available to the public (nor should it be). It's actually been used to acquit people of crimes in some cases because they've been able to prove through the Metrocard that they were in the subway at the time the crime was committed somewhere else.

BTW I agree with all those who say "None of your f***ing business!"

Why the hell should other people give a shit where I'm going or what I do? My thoughts: F*** off and find your own life stop trying to shadow mine.

And if that doesn't work buy your right hand some flowers and maybe it will treat you right tonight...losers...

Archived