17-year-old gunned down at Bronx subway station, NYPD police questions 12

Roadcruiser1

You're just an idiot.. What is a 17 year old doing on a train station with a group of kids IN THE BRONX (one of the citys most dangerous boroughs) no less at 2 am? .

I can often be at Trenton, Levittown, Newark Penn, exchange place between 10 pm and 1 am. I had a plan to go see my girlfiend for Xmas or new year's eve, I would have been at those locations even later & gotten into Trenton sometime after 2 am.

None of those places are somewhere to be after 10 pm, yet I'm there, am I a gangsta stone cold killer?

P.S. Gangs are for desperate uneducated fools who don't respect themselves.

- A

Thats it not taking any advice from the railfanners Im not going to fan the (2)(5)<5> WPR/thru bronx line!

Im not doing any shits for the Bronx (except (1)(6)<B>(D)). Its too dangerous.

I was at Jackson Ave (2)(5) once and it looked really shady there, and it was a Sunday afternoon in September. We need a list of safe Bronx stations for the less adventurous among us B)

I have one thing to say to you two. New Lots.

There are dangerous characters everywhere.

This happened late at night. If you go during the day, it should be fine. I've been to every station platform and haven't had any unplesant/life threatening experiences so far.

My advice: Stay on the platform and make sure there are no shaddy characters around and take a few pics and leave.

Exactly. Tons of crap happens in the late night hours.

I'm gonna ride some of these subway lines late at night just to see how "dangerous" they are. I rode the C train in Brooklyn late before from Hoyt to Euclid and it didn't really feel unsafe, but I was ready for anything because I was the only non ny'er on there and them cats could tell I was from D.C.

Question tho are blades illegal in NY?, if not whats the limit on the length?

I'm gonna ride some of these subway lines late at night just to see how "dangerous" they are. I rode the C train in Brooklyn late before from Hoyt to Euclid and it didn't really feel unsafe, but I was ready for anything because I was the only non ny'er on there and them cats could tell I was from D.C.

Question tho are blades illegal in NY?, if not whats the limit on the length?

Any concealed weapon is illegal in NYC. You cant carry a knife for self defence concealed or not. The only knife you can carry has to be a single edged blade 4" or less and thats only if its used for speceific pourposes..See section D. No switch Blades , daggers or Gravity knives.

Besides.. You dont wanna pull out a knife especially if you are out numbered. Youll just get stabbed up with your own knife.

Chap. 1 Public Safety 10-133

Historical Note: Formerly 436-5.1

10-133 Possession of knives or instruments.

A. Legislative findings. It is hereby declared and found that possession in public places, streets and parks of the city, of large knives is a menace to the public health, peace, safety and welfare of the people of the city; that the possession in public places, streets and parks of such knives has resulted in the commission of many homicides, robberies, maimings and assaults of and upon the people of the city; that this condition encourages and fosters the commission of crimes and contributes to juvenile delinquency, youth crime and gangsterism; that unless the possession or carrying in public places, streets and parks of the city of such knives without a lawful purpose is prohibited, there is danger of an increase in crimes of violence and other conditions detrimental to public peace, safety and welfare. It is further declared and found that the wearing or carrying of knives in open view in public places while such knives are not being used for a lawful purpose is unnecessary and threatening to the public and should be prohibited.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry on his or her person or have in such person's possession, in any public place, street or park any knife which has a blade length of four inches or more.

C. It shall be unlawful for any person in a public place, street or park to wear outside of his or her clothing or carry in open view any knife with an exposed or unexposed blade unless such person is actually using such knife for a lawful purpose as set forth in subdivision d of this section.

D. The provisions of subdivisions b and c of this sections shall not apply to (1) persons in the military service on the state of New York when duly authorized to carry or display knives pursuant to regulations issued by the chief of stall to the governor; (2) police officers and peace officers as defined in the criminal procedure law; (3) participants in special events when authorized by the police commissioner (4) persons on the military or other service of the United States, in pursuit of official duty authorized by federal law; or (5) any person displaying or in possession of a knife otherwise in violation of this section when such a knife (A) is being used for or transported immediately to or from a place where it is used for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, picnicking or any employment, trade or occupation customarily requiring the use of such knife; or (B) is displayed or carried by a member of a theatrical group, drill team, military or para military unit or veterans organization, to from or during a meeting, parade or other performance or practice for such event, which customarily requires the carrying of suck knife or (C) is being transported directly to or from a place of purchase in such a manner as not to allow easy access to such knife while it is transported; or (D) is displayed or carried by a duly enrolled member of the Boy or Girl scouts of America or similar organization or society and such display or possession is necessary to participate in the activities of such organization or society.

E. Violation of this section shall be an offense punishable by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars or by imprisonment not exceeding fifteen days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Case notes:

This section promotes a legitimate governmental objective and is not unconstitutionally vague or an improper exercise of the city's police power.------ People v Ortiz 125 Misc. 2d 318 [1984]

Ok lemme break this down for a moment (sick and all)...

Its not as bas as people make it out to be at nights. I've done the Concourse, CPW, WPR & Rockaways all at night, 95% of the time alone, and nothing happened. As long as you don't make yourself look too suspicious and make attention for youreself, you'll be fine. It sounds like most of you here in this thready was sucked into the stereotypical "gang mentality" and something is gonna happen to you everytime you take the train at night.

Ok lemme break this down for a moment (sick and all)...

Its not as bas as people make it out to be at nights. I've done the Concourse, CPW, WPR & Rockaways all at night, 95% of the time alone, and nothing happened. As long as you don't make yourself look too suspicious and make attention for youreself, you'll be fine. It sounds like most of you here in this thready was sucked into the stereotypical "gang mentality" and something is gonna happen to you everytime you take the train at night.

Thank you! I've been to these so-called "dangerous places" at night. I'm still here, right?

Any concealed weapon is illegal in NYC. You cant carry a knife for self defence concealed or not. The only knife you can carry has to be a single edged blade 4" or less and thats only if its used for speceific pourposes..See section D. No switch Blades , daggers or Gravity knives.

Besides.. You dont wanna pull out a knife especially if you are out numbered. Youll just get stabbed up with your own knife.

Chap. 1 Public Safety 10-133

Historical Note: Formerly 436-5.1

10-133 Possession of knives or instruments.

A. Legislative findings. It is hereby declared and found that possession in public places, streets and parks of the city, of large knives is a menace to the public health, peace, safety and welfare of the people of the city; that the possession in public places, streets and parks of such knives has resulted in the commission of many homicides, robberies, maimings and assaults of and upon the people of the city; that this condition encourages and fosters the commission of crimes and contributes to juvenile delinquency, youth crime and gangsterism; that unless the possession or carrying in public places, streets and parks of the city of such knives without a lawful purpose is prohibited, there is danger of an increase in crimes of violence and other conditions detrimental to public peace, safety and welfare. It is further declared and found that the wearing or carrying of knives in open view in public places while such knives are not being used for a lawful purpose is unnecessary and threatening to the public and should be prohibited.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry on his or her person or have in such person's possession, in any public place, street or park any knife which has a blade length of four inches or more.

C. It shall be unlawful for any person in a public place, street or park to wear outside of his or her clothing or carry in open view any knife with an exposed or unexposed blade unless such person is actually using such knife for a lawful purpose as set forth in subdivision d of this section.

D. The provisions of subdivisions b and c of this sections shall not apply to (1) persons in the military service on the state of New York when duly authorized to carry or display knives pursuant to regulations issued by the chief of stall to the governor; (2) police officers and peace officers as defined in the criminal procedure law; (3) participants in special events when authorized by the police commissioner (4) persons on the military or other service of the United States, in pursuit of official duty authorized by federal law; or (5) any person displaying or in possession of a knife otherwise in violation of this section when such a knife (A) is being used for or transported immediately to or from a place where it is used for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, picnicking or any employment, trade or occupation customarily requiring the use of such knife; or (:( is displayed or carried by a member of a theatrical group, drill team, military or para military unit or veterans organization, to from or during a meeting, parade or other performance or practice for such event, which customarily requires the carrying of suck knife or (C) is being transported directly to or from a place of purchase in such a manner as not to allow easy access to such knife while it is transported; or (D) is displayed or carried by a duly enrolled member of the Boy or Girl scouts of America or similar organization or society and such display or possession is necessary to participate in the activities of such organization or society.

E. Violation of this section shall be an offense punishable by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars or by imprisonment not exceeding fifteen days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Case notes:

This section promotes a legitimate governmental objective and is not unconstitutionally vague or an improper exercise of the city's police power.------ People v Ortiz 125 Misc. 2d 318 [1984]

Wow......NYC probably has the strictest weapons laws in the country.

See down here, even though its illegal to carry, if your caught with a pistol the only thing that'll you'll get is a citation and maybe probation of its your first offense. As for blades its 4" or less and it can't be concealed (even though I do it anyways), basically you gotta wear it on your jeans. I honestly couldn't live anywhere where basic self defense shit is outlawed. and trust me I know what to do with a knife, if its one or two people and one of them gotta blade imma pull mines out and use it, if its 3 or more or n***as squadded out then I might just have to take the L, even though I'm dropping the first cat that comes to me.

LMAO. Truly amazing !!! Some of the baddest, tough-talking, peeps on the forums. Peeing, (or worse), their Depends over being out at West Farms or New Lots Ave , Harlem or South Jamaica at night. I truly hope none of you are thinking about Transit, LIRR, NYCT or MTA bus as a career "cause, as a newjack, you will be out there working or going to/from the same during those same hours or locations. If a four-legged animal can sense fear you'd best believe a two-legged one can, too. Let's face it, s**t happens wherever you go in the metro area but knowing your surroundings and a little common sense instead of the "deer in the headlights" look goes a long way as far as personal protection goes. There's usually safety in numbers. Why do you think the Emperor and Uncle Fester don't travel alone even though they say that crime is down? Keep your eyes open and your wits about you goes a long way. Be Safe, not stupid, and enjoy your life.

You're just an idiot.. What is a 17 year old doing on a train station with a group of kids IN THE BRONX (one of the citys most dangerous boroughs) no less at 2 am?

I stand by my statement. Good kids are in the house at that time of night. GOOD PARENTS MAKE SURE their 17 year old kids are in the house at that time of night.

17 is grown as far as im concerned. Thats when I moved out on my own. I was never scared of anything, and have been on countless subways into the wee hours of the morning.

I could see if the kid was 15 ror 14... The kid was 17 years old... Not exactly that young in my opinion... You've never been out at 2am at 17?? Maybe you had mommy and daddy sheltering you too much... Hell at 17 I was a freshman in college and mommy and daddy obviously weren't around.

Thats what im saying.

He would never hurt anyone, he'll just rob them instead. 2 prior arrests for robbery, and he is just 17? His parents need to be interviewed, and if they have that look the project mamma has (the I know my son does illegal sh!t, but I'll lie and defend him anyways), they need to be slapped. Too many people making kids they can't raise properly........

You also have to remember that some kids are angels in their parents eyes. I was one of them. My parents never knew I was out stealing or smoking weed until I got caught. Because I stayed in school, and kept my grades up, they never suspected anything. Even my teachers were in complete shock when they found out about what I had been doing. You cant blame everything on parents. I was raised to be the person I am today, but I had to find my own way, and fall down a couple times in them process.

Archived