17-year-old gunned down at Bronx subway station, NYPD police questions 12

Roadcruiser1

You're just an idiot.. What is a 17 year old doing on a train station with a group of kids IN THE BRONX (one of the citys most dangerous boroughs) no less at 2 am?

I stand by my statement. Good kids are in the house at that time of night. GOOD PARENTS MAKE SURE their 17 year old kids are in the house at that time of night.

When you were 17??? :mad:

P.S. I just put the angry face since you have the grouchy smurf.

I don't think this merits a sweeping generalization, though. I personally have no reason to be out later than 22:30 or 23:00 at the very worst, and usually I get in well before 22:00 at the worst. What happened was bad, but the way to starve thugs is by not being out there at such hours.

And when I was 17 there were times when I was out until 2am, even later. Friends and I used to go to metal concerts at the old Coney Island High in the city and we'd get back to Sheepshead Bay quite late. Of course we traveled together on the subway and my mom knew where I was and all, so it's not just parents that don't give a damn and thugs that are 17 year olds out at 2am.

17 is not that young and teenagers have to live. Now this kid could've been a thug, but I haven't seen anything that said that he was a problematic teen or anything of the sort. He just could've been in the wrong place at the wrong time...

You're just an idiot.. What is a 17 year old doing on a train station with a group of kids IN THE BRONX (one of the citys most dangerous boroughs) no less at 2 am?

I stand by my statement. Good kids are in the house at that time of night. GOOD PARENTS MAKE SURE their 17 year old kids are in the house at that time of night.

Im an idiot? Your the one that has added several non-factual statements to the story.

1.)Where in that article does it say he was WITH the group of people?

2.)So you mean to tell me all good teens, especially those who are close to entering adult-hood are automatically thugs and gangbangers if their out past midnight?

3.) Just because someone has bad parents, doesn't mean that their a bad person, his family is completely irrelvant to the story.

4.) I and im sure many other college students (who are 18+..which is a year older than 17) take the subway at night all the time, granted you shouldn't do it alone, but if you do, that doesn't mean you deserve to die...clubs close late, so do bars and parties end late.

Im an idiot? Your the one that has added several non-factual statements to the story.

1.)Where in that article does it say he was WITH the group of people?

2.)So you mean to tell me all good teens, especially those who are close to entering adult-hood are automatically thugs and gangbangers if their out past midnight?

3.) Just because someone has bad parents, doesn't mean that their a bad person, his family is completely irrelvant to the story.

4.) I and im sure many other college students (who are 18+..which is a year older than 17) take the subway at night all the time, granted you shouldn't do it alone, but if you do, that doesn't mean you deserve to die...clubs close late, so do bars and parties end late.

NaH dude I didnt add anything non-Factual, you are just an idiot. You didnt even read the whole story and you are defending a THUG. He got off the train with a group of people. So you are telling me he was all alone? not with them? wake up and smell the coffe..

Sure when you were 17 giong to metal concerts you werent out THUGGING with your friends where you? You were going to a show for a good time. Yes him having bad parents has a direct impact on his morals and behaviour.

Heres the rest of the article that you DIDNT read. NEXT TIME READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE!

Lewis Hawkins, 17, was gunned down moments after he and a group of people got off a Manhattan-bound No. 2 train at the West Farms Square/E. Tremont Ave. stop about 1:24 a.m., police said.

Hawkins, who had two prior arrests for robbery, died at St. Barnabas Hospital. Police officials did not reveal a possible motive for the killing, which left straphangers jittery.

Two prior arrests for robbery dont make him a thug? Then what does?

My statement of him being a thug and you being an idiot still stand.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/26/2010-12-26_17yearold_gunned_down_in_bronx_subway_station_12_questioned_by_nypd_police.html#ixzz19MOvVjYm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/26/2010-12-26_17yearold_gunned_down_in_bronx_subway_station_12_questioned_by_nypd_police.html

NaH dude I didnt add anything non-Factual, you are just an idiot. You didnt even read the whole story and you are defending a THUG. He got off the train with a group of people. So you are telling me he was all alone? not with them? wake up and smell the coffe..

Sure when you were 17 giong to metal concerts you werent out THUGGING with your friends where you? You were going to a show for a good time. Yes him having bad parents has a direct impact on his morals and behaviour.

Heres the rest of the article that you DIDNT read. NEXT TIME READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE!

Lewis Hawkins, 17, was gunned down moments after he and a group of people got off a Manhattan-bound No. 2 train at the West Farms Square/E. Tremont Ave. stop about 1:24 a.m., police said.

Hawkins, who had two prior arrests for robbery, died at St. Barnabas Hospital. Police officials did not reveal a possible motive for the killing, which left straphangers jittery.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/26/2010-12-26_17yearold_gunned_down_in_bronx_subway_station_12_questioned_by_nypd_police.html#ixzz19MOvVjYm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/26/2010-12-26_17yearold_gunned_down_in_bronx_subway_station_12_questioned_by_nypd_police.html

Nice try...but...

THIS IS ALL INFORMATION THAT was released AFTER you made your intial statement of him being a thug. That kid's name was NOT in the original article that was posted yesterday, neither was any of that other information. So its still WRONG for you to make general statements about people based off of what boro it takes place in, and what time. Im sure if this happend in Scarsdale, or Greenwhich,CT the entire assumption and tone of this would be different. Kids in the suburbs are arrested for burglarly and vandalism all the time, and Im sure we don't call them thugs.

Nice try...but...

THIS IS ALL INFORMATION THAT was released AFTER you made your intial statement of him being a thug. That kid's name was NOT in the original article that was posted yesterday, neither was any of that other information. So its still WRONG for you to make general statements about people based off of what boro it takes place in, and what time. Im sure if this happend in Scarsdale, or Greenwhich,CT the entire assumption and tone of this would be different. Kids in the suburbs are arrested for burglarly and vandalism all the time, and Im sure we don't call them thugs.

Nice try in not looking like the idiot you are..

This information was from the article I read online before seeing the thread. Looks at the date I posted my response. Either way, I can generalize all I want, anyone with HALF A BRAIN would think, gee why is a 17 year old on a bronx train station at 2am with a group of kids? TROUBLE should be the first thing any sane person would think these kids are up to...

Any good parent would not have their kid trolling around a bad neighborhood at 2am the night of chrstmas/early hours of the morning after, they would be at home with family or whatever not on the streets. You are just pissed cause you have no common sense.

Youre still an idiot.

Nah This information was form the article I read online before seeing the thread. Looks at the date I posted my response. Either way, I can generalize all I want, anyone with HALF A BRAIN would think, gee why is a 17 year old on a bronx train station at 2am with a group of kids? TROUBLE should be the first thing any sane person would think these kids are up to...

Youre still an idiot.

If that was the case, wouldn't you have corrected me the 1st time you responded? and Im mad your 12 years older than me and calling me names in every post like a 5 year old bully on a school playground.

The link you posted says at the top the original article was posted at 9:56AM and then updated at 8:28PM, you made your "thug" statement at 3:07PM....

If that was the case, wouldn't you have corrected me the 1st time you responded? and Im mad your 12 years older than me and calling me names in every post like a 5 year old bully on a school playground.

The link you posted says at the top the original article was posted at 9:56AM and then updated at 8:28PM, you made your "thug" statement at 3:07PM....

Im not a bully, Im THE Grouch! Grouchness has no age limits

I bet that "nobody saw anything".

"Iono shit....."

And again I give a SMFDH tp those who keep saying CRIME is low.. What plain junk!

yup...

watching channel 5 news last night, they were pushing that point hard... about how overall subway crime is low... but in the same breath, burglaries were UP 200%....

Im sure if this happend in Scarsdale, or Greenwhich,CT the entire assumption and tone of this would be different. Kids in the suburbs are arrested for burglarly and vandalism all the time, and Im sure we don't call them thugs.

Sure we do.

You can be a thug in Brooklyn, NY... Bronx, NY... Short Hills, NJ... or Darien, CT....

..... anyone with HALF A BRAIN would think, gee why is a 17 year old on a bronx train station at 2am with a group of kids? TROUBLE should be the first thing any sane person would think these kids are up to...

This.....

Even before reading the thread, the note that about 8 (probably a media report with not everyone being clearly visible) were in similar jackets makes it appear that if nothing else, the victim probably knew his killers, and that he was the intended target in a gang-related hit.

Missing, however, is the color of the jackets. But why are kids this young out that late at night? Where are the parents?

It's possible he was a thug, but it's always sad to see youth dieing, regardless of the reason. This kid will never have the chance to turn his life around because now he'll be six feet under.

Usually the parents don't give a shit in these situations, but some parents try but the kids are just hard headed and turn out to be a problem. In any event, I would imagine if it were your kid you would want some compassion and respect shown. At least have some respect for the loss of life.

Even before reading the thread, the note that about 8 (probably a media report with not everyone being clearly visible) were in similar jackets makes it appear that if nothing else, the victim probably knew his killers, and that he was the intended target in a gang-related hit.

Missing, however, is the color of the jackets. But why are kids this young out that late at night? Where are the parents?

I could see if the kid was 15 ror 14... The kid was 17 years old... Not exactly that young in my opinion... You've never been out at 2am at 17?? Maybe you had mommy and daddy sheltering you too much... Hell at 17 I was a freshman in college and mommy and daddy obviously weren't around.

It's possible he was a thug, but it's always sad to see youth dieing, regardless of the reason. This kid will never have the chance to turn his life around because now he'll be six feet under.

Usually the parents don't give a shit in these situations, but some parents try but the kids are just hard headed and turn out to be a problem. In any event, I would imagine if it were your kid you would want some compassion and respect shown. At least have some respect for the loss of life.

No respect for a waste of life. If it were my kid he wouldnt be out with these other bad apples at 2 am in the bronx on the subway station..

And I bet these parents will show up with a picture of this kid in a nice suit saying "he was a good boy, never did anything bad! would never hurt anyone WHY? WHY?"

Snitches get stitches, don't ya know?

And what if you were into a problem and get hurt, your gonna keep quiet don't ya think?

Of course if you do snitch, keep your ass anonymous or find some other way to resolve it :confused:

And when I was 17 there were times when I was out until 2am, even later. Friends and I used to go to metal concerts at the old Coney Island High in the city and we'd get back to Sheepshead Bay quite late. Of course we traveled together on the subway and my mom knew where I was and all, so it's not just parents that don't give a damn and thugs that are 17 year olds out at 2am.

17 is not that young and teenagers have to live. Now this kid could've been a thug, but I haven't seen anything that said that he was a problematic teen or anything of the sort. He just could've been in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Sorry. I rushed to finish a sentence in that first post.

I agree with you. I meant to say you can't make sweeping generalizations and that people could have legitimate reasons to be out that late. The sweeping generalizations that need to be avoided are just like what you just mentioned.

And what if you were into a problem and get hurt, your gonna keep quiet don't ya think?

Depends.

Of course if you do snitch, keep your ass anonymous or find some other way to resolve it :confused:

That's the spirit. Resorting to cold, calculating revenge plans that cannot be traced. Mafia style. Has happened before.

I'm '89 Liberty MCI and I approve this message.

No respect for a waste of life. If it were my kid he wouldnt be out with these other bad apples at 2 am in the bronx on the subway station..

And I bet these parents will show up with a picture of this kid in a nice suit saying "he was a good boy, never did anything bad! would never hurt anyone WHY? WHY?"

He would never hurt anyone, he'll just rob them instead. 2 prior arrests for robbery, and he is just 17? His parents need to be interviewed, and if they have that look the project mamma has (the I know my son does illegal sh!t, but I'll lie and defend him anyways), they need to be slapped. Too many people making kids they can't raise properly........

Thats it not taking any advice from the railfanners Im not going to fan the (2)(5)<5> WPR/thru bronx line!

Im not doing any shits for the Bronx (except (1)(6)<B>(D)). Its too dangerous.

I don't think you need to worry that much. Unless you want to avoid the Bronx because of its sheer whackness.

But that's another story/opinion/debate. The Grand Concourse and East 138 Street/Southern Blvd/Westchester Avenue west of Parkchester are just as bad as, well, Westchester Avenue/Southern Blvd/Boston Road/White Plains Road north of Pelham Pkwy (funny how two corridors repeat themselves on separate rail lines)!

I don't think you need to be so worried. West Farms Square-East Tremont Avenue is great for photographs since you have the trains coming in on that big turn as well as a couple other places along this line like 174 Street and Simpson Street.

I've never been in the subway at 2:00am. Once or twice I was in the subway at 10:45pm, but that was after a Yankees home game and going from Yankee Stadium to PATH.

I think the latest I've ever been at West Farms Square-East Tremont Avenue, Whitlock Avenue or 138th Street has been 8:45pm in the summer.

I don't think you need to worry that much. Unless you want to avoid the Bronx because of its sheer whackness.

But that's another story/opinion/debate. The Grand Concourse and East 138 Street/Southern Blvd/Westchester Avenue west of Parkchester are just as bad as, well, Westchester Avenue/Southern Blvd/Boston Road/White Plains Road north of Pelham Pkwy (funny how two corridors repeat themselves on separate rail lines)!

I don't think you need to be so worried. West Farms Square-East Tremont Avenue is great for photographs since you have the trains coming in on that big turn as well as a couple other places along this line like 174 Street and Simpson Street.

I was at Jackson Ave (2)(5) once and it looked really shady there, and it was a Sunday afternoon in September. We need a list of safe Bronx stations for the less adventurous among us B)

Thats it not taking any advice from the railfanners Im not going to fan the (2)(5)<5> WPR/thru bronx line!

Im not doing any shits for the Bronx (except (1)(6)<B>(D)). Its too dangerous.

Just bring a freind or two with you, safety in numbers.

I have actually rode the (2) all the way to 241 after 12am [about 5 years ago]. I was the only person in the car [maybe the train too]. I did this trip solo just to see what it was like late at night and I will say this is something I'm never going to do again. Fortunately nothing happened to me on my late night Bronx excursion. I also made a transfer to the (6) via the (4) and ended up all the way at Pelham Bay Park.

My main point is, stay in the train and keep to yourself, and you should be ok.

Archived