17-year-old gunned down at Bronx subway station, NYPD police questions 12

Roadcruiser1

alg_shooting.jpg

A 17-year-old boy was shot to death at a Bronx subway station early Sunday, cops said.

The teen was gunned down on the elevated southbound No. (2) train platform at the West Farms Square/East Tremont Ave. station at 1:24 a.m., cops said.

He was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital with a bullet wound in his chest and pronounced dead on arrival.

His name was not immediately released.

Police took as many as 12 men from the station in for questioning. About eight of them wore similar orange puffy jackets.

So this is what i heard over my radio last night. It went from an investigation at Mott Avenue till 10min after i hear Unionport saying to all Brooklyn Bound crew members to bypass East Tremont and resume at at 174th.

And again I give a SMFDH tp those who keep saying CRIME is low.. What plain junk!

RIP Kid!

So this is what i heard over my radio last night. It went from an investigation at Mott Avenue till 10min after i here Unionport saying to all Brooklyn Bound crew members to bypass East Tremont and resume at at 174th.

And again I give a SMFDH tp those who keep saying CRIME is low.. What plain junk!

RIP Kid!

I'm curious to see what this whole spat was about. Sounds like something gang related since it was noted that several men were wearing puffed orange coats.

I'm curious to see what this whole spat was about. Sounds like something gang related since it was noted that several men were wearing puffed orange coats.

There are Marmot Big Yukon 700 fill coats, Biggies for short. It's the new fad for young people and a lot of people get robbed for them, all over the city.

There are Marmot Big Yukon 700 fill coats, Biggies for short. It's the new fad for young people and a lot of people get robbed for them, all over the city.

That's exactly why I avoid these whole fashion trends and I have my own style. The only person who needs to know what I'm wearing is me myself and I. I wear pricey things, but people don't know what I'm wearing since I avoid things w/labels on them. Marmot has been around forever... Cheap "imported" coats... Nothing special quite frankly.

To get back down to earth, it sucks that this happened. When I was looking at the picture of the station, before I could even see the text of the article, I said it must be West Farms Square-East Tremont Avenue. That area is so f'n scary, East Tremont Avenue west of Boston Road, East 180 Street, West Farms Road, Boston Road. Very depressing.

one less future thug walking the streets.

You mean current thug...

Stupid to say.

S/F,

CEYA!

and the most "ignorant statement of the day" award goes to...

It isn't ignorant, it's the truth. If you can't handle that, I suggest ya move out of NYC. :o

If he was an innocent 17 year old, and young thugs were doing initiation, and decided to shoot someone, then I feel bad for the kid, and his family. This is why it is dangerous for kids to go out at those times in the morning, in some areas.

If he was a thug, then I don't feel sorry for he or his family. This is what happens when you want to get into that life, or actually get into that life. Some make it out, some die.......

You mean current thug...

It isn't ignorant, it's the truth. If you can't handle that, I suggest ya move out of NYC. :P

How is it the truth when we don't all know the facts? I don't understand how we know he was a thug. Is it because he was a minority male? What I read said a 17-year old boy was gunned down at a Bronx Subway station. I lived in East New York for years before I moved to Queens, and I still go back to Brooklyn to visit friends and family. I take the (J) train all the time by myself including late at night hours, if something was to happen to me, God forbid, I guess i'd be considered just another thug as well. Even though neither me or my friends have never been to jail a day in life, Im in college and interning for a transit corporation that we all love to talk about and try my best to stay out of trouble, I guess my skin color negates all of that.

He may have been a thug, he may have not.Gang Initiations take place around holidays and there is a lot of randomized killing, this could have just been a boy coming from someone's house or family festivities and happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

and the most "ignorant statement of the day" award goes to...

You're just an idiot.. What is a 17 year old doing on a train station with a group of kids IN THE BRONX (one of the citys most dangerous boroughs) no less at 2 am?

I stand by my statement. Good kids are in the house at that time of night. GOOD PARENTS MAKE SURE their 17 year old kids are in the house at that time of night.

Archived