MTA Mercedes Bus Order Rumor

m106crosstown

this is what was said on wikipedia. once again, this is only a rumor and i don't know how accurate wikipedia is.

"2009-2010 Mercedes-Benz Citaro (low floor articulated)

58.85'

Mercedes Benz (Euro IV compliant) OM 457 hLA, BlueTec 4

82 for New York City Transit and 62 buses for MTA Bus Company.[5]"

The MTA might not get it straight from Mercedes. Another rumor going around is the Citaro could become the Orion VIII for OBI.

Nothing official on that yet.

NO! Better not change to Orion VIII, Citaro sounds alot better in my opinion. As for the orders, wikipedia isnt so accurate, it had the DE60LF on there before, then changed. I say, lets wait till the word from MTA comes out.

this is what was said on wikipedia. once again, this is only a rumor and i don't know how accurate wikipedia is.

"2009-2010 Mercedes-Benz Citaro (low floor articulated)

58.85'

Mercedes Benz (Euro IV compliant) OM 457 hLA, BlueTec 4

82 for New York City Transit and 62 buses for MTA Bus Company.[5]"

Don't go by wikipedia, believe me. Anyone can alter that info. It does sound a bit strange though but it is possible. I'd wait a little and see what buses the MTA is testing out.

I agree about the Wiki site. Don't believe everything you read there. Saying that, just think about what I said in the past. Daimler buses is the parent company of OBI and Mercedes buses. MTA want to be buy N.Y., cause upstate votes say so. I think this bus will get some cosmetic changes (very little though), and would be re-badged an Orion. I think Orion/Mercedes wants to get into the American artic market, but first wants to get a response from the American market. This bus is for a response. If it's good then they will manufacture these here, or do most assembly here. I think the MTA will get these, cause politics say so.

I agree about the Wiki site. Don't believe everything you read there. Saying that, just think about what I said in the past. Daimler buses is the parent company of OBI and Mercedes buses. MTA want to be buy N.Y., cause upstate votes say so. I think this bus will get some cosmetic changes (very little though), and would be re-badged an Orion. I think Orion/Mercedes wants to get into the American artic market, but first wants to get a response from the American market. This bus is for a response. If it's good then they will manufacture these here, or do most assembly here. I think the MTA will get these, cause politics say so.

I 3rd that about WIKI. There is a lot of info on there that is incorrect. I noticed some of it on that bus page. Anyone can edit that info. Yes Orion does want to get into the American Market and offer an Artic. They will have more means to concentrate on an artic as the Orion V will be discontinued shortly. Lets see how the handle the streets first. Like I've said 100 times, I'm happy as long as it's not the Nova.

EDIT: The Citaro won't even be available in the North American market until late 2010/ early 2011. So with that new information, we can expect to see another brand of artic on the streets of NYC. Maybe we can look for a Citaro in 2 years, but befinitely not before then.

Archived