MTA system-wide Service Advisory for Wednsday, Dec. 29th

East New York

(MTA)Winter Weather Service Advisory

Long Island Rail Road

Wednesday morning's AM rush hour is expected to be near-normal service on most branches

During the AM Peak, bus service will be provided in place of train service east of Ronkonkoma on the Main Line and east of Speonk on the Montauk Branch

Metro-North Railroad

On Wednesday Metro-North will be operating a weekday schedule on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines as indicated in the current October 17 timetable. This planned schedule features additional inbound holiday service between 10 AM and noon, with some AM peak trains cancelled or combined.

New York City Transit

Service restored:

(5) Dyre Ave

(A) to the Rockaways

(C)

(D)

(F)

(G)

(L) operating in two sections: 8th Ave to Broadway Junction and Shuttle service between Broadway-Junction and Rockaway Parkway

(S), Rockaway Park Shuttle

There will continue to be major delays and in some cases suspensions in service across our transportation network that will continue through the evening on portions of the Long Island Rail Road, and NYC Subway system. Subway service is operating with service outages on a number of lines, including the (:), Franklin Ave (S) Shuttle, (N), and (Q).

Bus service in the region remains severely affected. Long Island Bus is operating very limited service due to road conditions. Limited-Stop bus service in New York City remains suspended. Local and express service in the five boroughs is operating with delays especially in Southern Brooklyn, Staten Island and Queens. In addition, some routes have been shortened due to street conditions. Roadway conditions are being evaluated on a route by route basis. We will only restore service where we can safely do so.

Customers are advised to monitor the MTA home page, and the Current Service Status information display. Long Island Railroad and Metro-North Railroad customers can see more detailed commuter train information by clicking on the links to Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

For up to the minutes updates, refer to http://www.mta.info

ok my question is, since theres no service on the (N) line between 59 St and Coney Island, are they terminating (N) service at 59 St or is the (N) train running on the (R) line between 59 St and 95 St?

(N) Trains will be and have been going to Bay Ridge 95th St 11pm to 6am until Sea Beach line is restored, therefore, there will be no late night (R) shuttle, but simply the (N). Other times its been turning at Whitehall.

It says no (N) to Whitehall.

BTW, last storm the MTA was bragging about all their snow equipment. What happened to all of it now? 3 DAYS without service on the Sea Beach and Brighton!:mad::tdown::mad:

It does now, lol.

I've seen 1 on the West End last night, Snow Blower with 2 diesels.

I know, its terrible, i've been walking to the 62 St station on the (D) for service, thats the only thing we have down over here, no buses at all!. It will go down in history, thats for sure!

I need my (Q) like soon!:) At least run a shuttle train from Brighton Beach to Coney Island so us Brighton people can make a connection to the (D) & (F).

You got your wish-(;)(Q) service resumes. I'm surprised they got that done first, as the Sea Beach is much shorter.

I get off at Whitehall to go to work and saw an N train beginning its route so at least as of this morning their still doing that.

Thank goodness the Q is back in service! :cool: On my way to the West 8th station to take the F, I did see 2 trains on the upper level track so I had a feeling something was coming back to normal soon.

BTW, I did the Jay St transfer today for the first time and its awesome!! :) Only issue I have is that there could be a few more signs directing riders to the R after you walk up the steps from the F platform.

You got your wish-(:)(Q) service resumes. I'm surprised they got that done first, as the Sea Beach is much shorter.

Most of the (N) Sea Beach Line is open cut below street level while Prospect Park-Newkirk Av on (;)(Q) are open cut before the line goes up starting at Avenue H.

All subway lines are now running except for the (N) between Whitehall and Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and the (S) Franklin between Franklin Avenue and Prospect Park.

Not quite, The (J)/(Z) skip stop service has been canned. Leaving with longer slower service over there.

Guest lance25

And just when you thought it was over...

Posted: 12/29/2010 1:15PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to the South Channel Bridge unable to close, there is no (A)(S) train service between the Broad Channel Station and the Far Rockaway-Rockaway Park Stations in both directions.

Please expect delays in train service at this time.

The (D) is back to Bay Pkwy!

Brooklyn-bound (D) trains are terminating at the Bay Parkway Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (D) trains at this time.

Incident at Sheepshead Bay still not fixed, BTW.

BTW: IRT messed up as well!

Due to switch trouble at the Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College Station, there is no (2)(5) train service in both directions from the Franklin Avenue Station to the Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (2)(5) trains at this time.

Archived