R68A (Q) train?

Calvin

FlushingExpress has a tendency for making shit up. Ignore him.

Exactly.

To FlushingExpress:

When u actually get hired by the MTA (If they even hire you), then u can talk all the crap u want about the car movements, etc. Until then, stop being an idiot by putting people down only because YOU think their ideas are stupid. Nobody is perfect, and certainly not you.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly.

To FlushingExpress:

When u actually get hired by the MTA (If they even hire you), then u can talk all the crap u want about the car movements, etc. Until then, stop being an idiot by putting people down only because YOU think their ideas are stupid. Nobody is perfect, and certainly not you.

Ahh, the wonderful smell of...OWNAGE :cool:

QFT.

4. The most mature thing to do if you are in love with a particular car type is to follow it wherever it goes. If you like the R32s, move to the (C) line (Fulton Street or 8th Avenue). If you like the R68/68As, move to the (:D and (D) lines (West End, Grand Street, or Grand Concourse). If you like the R160s, then you are in luck because you can get them wherever you go. However, do not sacrifice other people's convenience for your own by asking the MTA to change car assignments because you want that way, especially if your fellow riders will not.

I agree with that completely! (Only the quoted portion of the post)

Have you guys ever thought about whether or not the average New Yorker prefers the newer trains with the FINDs or whatever you call them as opposed to the older cars that have many problems? I know that I'd prefer a newer one, but I wouldn't go off ranting and screaming at the MTA if they suddenly changed the subway line I always use to different cars I don't like.

I agree with that completely! (Only the quoted portion of the post)

Have you guys ever thought about whether or not the average New Yorker prefers the newer trains with the FINDs or whatever you call them as opposed to the older cars that have many problems? I know that I'd prefer a newer one, but I wouldn't go off ranting and screaming at the MTA if they suddenly changed the subway line I always use to different cars I don't like.

i agree with u, but its not even about that. its about the way he just comes and thinks that people's ideas are stupid and assumes that what hes saying is 100% true when it really isnt. he likes to criticize about other people's ideas and thats not good. the way he replies with a nasty attitude, like come'on. everybody has a right to put their ideas down, even if they sound stupid. its not fot him to go and make fun of them. Thats not right at all. He swears hes perfect meanwhile he aint perfect at all.

I ride R68's on the (D) everyday. How are they slow. Give me a reason. Their acceleration isn't poor, they are still fine, if they are given the SMS treatment they can last much longer, they sound like they can last longer, and they are still healthy from the day they left Kawasaki, and Westinghouse. They might be a bit rusty, but they are extremely healthy.

I don't know why everyone likes the new cars considering how the old cars have been doing the job for years. People just like gadgets that tell you the time. There is nothing wrong with taking your cellphone out in a train to read the time, and there is nothing wrong with the R32's, R42's, R46's, R62's, and R68's. Sure they might be old, but if given the right amount of treatment they would be fine. I wonder how long the R160's would last. We already know their new technology is causing them problems with the steel dust in the tunnels.

@Flushing Express I'm not sure if you shitted your pants today or what but....

1)If Brighton riders don't want the R68/A's I'm sure the (:D would be damn near close to 100% R160 or some other fleet.But the older trains characterizes the line b\c of the colored bullet as for the NTT's its just a bold letter or number in red which ain't shit.

2)You can't get or be mad at a train b\c its slow,broken down or has carbon steel.They didn't make themselves.Be angry at the builder of how they were made and also the maintainment for not properly taking care of the trains.Trust me I love the R68A's sure they take off slow but those cars are pretty well maintained and they pick up decent speed.As for the R42 and R44 just b\c they have carbon steel in them doesn't give you the right to be mad at that.Its not their fault.

3)R160's are not great cars well in my opinion but they pick up good speed and its a smooth ride but other than that they look pretty bad the body is terrible,the seating and they're not even worth its value.

4)R160's the crew like them b\c the cab has a lot of room and features.I mean comeon it has a socket in there where a T/O or C/R can plug their phone or whatever to charge.That's a tease they have a big ass panel and its looks more appealing compared to being boxed in a R32 or R42.

Don't know what more to say I'm on my cellphone typing this but I'll chk this later when I get home.

Exactly.

To FlushingExpress:

I don't mean to offend anyone by this so don't take this the wrong way, but you make it sound like it's some sort of honor to be working for the MTA? For me that's the last place I'd want to end up.

I ride R68's on the (D) everyday. How are they slow. Give me a reason. Their acceleration isn't poor, they are still fine, if they are given the SMS treatment they can last much longer, they sound like they can last longer, and they are still healthy from the day they left Kawasaki, and Westinghouse. They might be a bit rusty, but they are extremely healthy.

I don't know why everyone likes the new cars considering how the old cars have been doing the job for years. People just like gadgets that tell you the time. There is nothing wrong with taking your cellphone out in a train to read the time, and there is nothing wrong with the R32's, R42's, R46's, R62's, and R68's. Sure they might be old, but if given the right amount of treatment they would be fine. I wonder how long the R160's would last. We already know their new technology is causing them problems with the steel dust in the tunnels.

yes. absolutely. im a daily (:D train rider, and honestly, id perfer R68/R68A's over the R160's. ive been riding R68/R68A cars since i was born. i never had a problem with them, i never found anything wrong with the cars. Those derailments that the R68's experienced were because of track problems. not the cars. Even though those cars cannot fit the (J)(L)(M)(Z), they still good cars. and i bet that if the MTA would expand those lines so that 75 foot cars would fit onto those lines, id think people who ride the Eastern Division would fall in love with them too.

@Flushing Express I'm not sure if you shitted your pants today or what but....

1)If Brighton riders don't want the R68/A's I'm sure the (:D would be damn near close to 100% R160 or some other fleet.But the older trains characterizes the line b\c of the colored bullet as for the NTT's its just a bold letter or number in red which ain't shit.

2)You can't get or be mad at a train b\c its slow,broken down or has carbon steel.They didn't make themselves.Be angry at the builder of how they were made and also the maintainment for not properly taking care of the trains.Trust me I love the R68A's sure they take off slow but those cars are pretty well maintained and they pick up decent speed.As for the R42 and R44 just b\c they have carbon steel in them doesn't give you the right to be mad at that.Its not their fault.

3)R160's are not great cars well in my opinion but they pick up good speed and its a smooth ride but other than that they look pretty bad the body is terrible,the seating and they're not even worth its value.

4)R160's the crew like them b\c the cab has a lot of room and features.I mean comeon it has a socket in there where a T/O or C/R can plug their phone or whatever to charge.That's a tease they have a big ass panel and its looks more appealing compared to being boxed in a R32 or R42.

Don't know what more to say I'm on my cellphone typing this but I'll chk this later when I get home.

lol yup.

I don't mean to offend anyone by this so don't take this the wrong way, but you make it sound like it's some sort of honor to be working for the MTA? For me that's the last place I'd want to end up.

i hear u, but if i had the chance to work for the MTA, i'd take it.

I Think the thread has gotten to the point where it needs to be lock.

nah. it doesnt need to be closed. cuz were not gonna waste time only because FlushingExpress came and ruined it for us.

Now....back to the topic....wassup for the New Year ppl??? lol. lets see if R68A's go back on the (Q) this year, lol.

Archived