R68A (Q) train?

Calvin

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure we will see R68/A sighting on the (Q) b\c I'm sure one day there will be 2 shitcan fatasses(R68/A) at Astoria and there maybe a gap in (Q) service resulting in a rollsign change from (N) to (Q).

Sorry I call the R68 & A's fat b\c they just are.lol Love the 68A's anyways.

Fat people need love too! Lmao.

I saw and rode a R160 (R) this afternoon...and to answer the first part of your post it all comes down to what's available for service.

I saw 3 R160 ®'s today.

The R68A <Q> Is currently laying up on the broadway express tracks (The (Q) was going local today). The front signs are (:D, though, so I think its going back to the (:D.

and to all of you who started posting stuff and arguing about the R32's smelling like hobo's asses: Thats waaaay off-topic. This thread is about the R68A <Q>, not the R32's on the (C).

and to all of you who started posting stuff and arguing about the R32's smelling like hobo's asses: Thats waaaay off-topic. This thread is about the R68A <Q>, not the R32's on the (C).

I'm sorry, I started that. I only mentioned the (C) train because I didn't memorize every single train model name, and referred it to that because they're the only train the (C) uses. I brought up those trains because I think that someone a couple of posts before that was talking about them.

Wow, based on the way this thread has gone (foamers complaining about certain car types and acting like morons over a silly train), it seems to be the perfect time for me to return and launch my attack on you suckers.

Inappropriate to say. If I said this to you, would you like it:

Is this the launcher you made that it can beam your account to the failure town and if it is, what button do I push?

I have been waiting for this for quite sometime. Here are some things I must point out based on what I have seen with my own two eyes:

Do not wait for this for a long time. Next, your gonna post a negative comment.

1. Except for Zach, Luis, and a few other overweight people, Brighton riders hate the R68/68As after finally realizing how fat and slow they truly are. I live at Sheepshead Bay and go to Hunter College five days a week. I alternate between riding the (:D and (Q) and see the same results all the time. Going northbound, Q riders look ten times happier and more active than B riders and going southbound, people run for the Q like maniacs, but back away sternly from the B. They probably do not care that the B will return to normal express service later this year because they will keep riding the Q local like me for the mere fact that it uses better cars (I always take the (C) over the (A) for this reason and they especially hate to see the scenario where an R68 (:) and R160 (Q) simultaneously leave a station and the Q accelerates quicker and leaves the B behind until it reaches the next local station). So no, you will not see R68/68As on the (Q) again and they need to be taken off the (B) right away. Brighton riders are sick of those chubby chicks. They want cars that are fast and durable and the only car type other than the R160s that rank supreme in both categories is the sleek and shiny R32s. They are perfect on the part-time (B) line.

Like Daniel the Cool said, you can't read other people minds. How can you read it? It's impossible.

2. Conversely, R68/68As would be perfect for the (A)/©. They go through the fattest neighborhoods in the city, so they should use the system's fattest cars. The obesity rates along Eighth Avenue, Fulton Street, and the Rockaways are astronomical; 4 out of 5 people need to go on a diet and I am sick of constantly being squeezed out of my seat by those chubbos.

You don't use the word fattest. You use long for trains and large for neighborhoods.

3. IDK what is wrong with all of you, but R160s are great cars, a huge upgrade over the POS they replaced, and well liked by train crew and riders alike. Workers are happiest when they are assigned to operate an R160 and riders are overjoyed and fascinated every time an R160 train pulls up to their station. The cars they replaced had flaws that resulted in negative feedback from riders:

A) R32s: despite their superb durability and cosmetic condition, they are prone to mechanical failures after being pushed way beyond their limits to provide service on the (C) and (E) lines, two of the most heavily used in the system. Those two lines are plagued with impatient jerks holding car doors open and doing other stuff that damages the train. They need SMS and fast if they are to last another five to six years.

B) R38s: years of operating through Jamaica Bay and some of the worst neighborhoods in the city have resulted in severe rotting on their car bodies and lots of dirty and grime in their interiors. I have been to public toilets that were cleaner than these cars.

C) R40/40Ms: the slanted design proved dangerous and hideous for riders, who also hated their uncomfortable seats and bumpy rides. Nearby residents also hated them for their excessive rumbling while train crew hated their tiny compartments.

D): R42s: cosmetically and structurally, they are the absolute worst in the system with rusted car bodies, horrible graffiti and scrachitti (the BMT Jamaica Line is plagued with gang violence and graffiti artists), ugly interiors, and uncomfortable seats. IDK why they are still in service. They are useless since ENY has enough cars to make the (J)/(Z) exclusively R160s. If anything, they should send 50 R32s from 207th Street (there are 230 of them, but only 144 run at any given time) to ENY and retire the R42s already so that J/Z riders have one less misery to deal with. When I ride them, I am the only happy person on board and the only reason why I am happy is because the miserable look on everyone else's faces is downright amusing. That is the only thing that keeps me from going insane on an R42.

E) R44s: without a doubt, the biggest failures in NYCS history. 75 footers proved to be a huge step backward and you will never see another car type of that length as a result. The R44s are fat, slow, ugly, and have too many mechanical, structural, and technical problems. Every time I rode on them, something had to malfunction, from the doors to the lights to the air-conditioning, the list goes on. The once powerful St. Louis Car Company collapsed due to their defects.

4. The most mature thing to do if you are in love with a particular car type is to follow it wherever it goes. If you like the R32s, move to the (C) line (Fulton Street or 8th Avenue). If you like the R68/68As, move to the (B) and (D) lines (West End, Grand Street, or Grand Concourse). If you like the R160s, then you are in luck because you can get them wherever you go. However, do not sacrifice other people's convenience for your own by asking the MTA to change car assignments because you want that way, especially if your fellow riders will not. Conversely, the most mature thing to do if you hate a particular car type is to avoid it all costs and not complain about them on transit forums. If you hate the R32s, avoid the (C). If you hate the R46s, avoid the (A)(G)(R). If you hate the R160s, then leave New York City. I still avoid my least favorite car types no matter what and it is not too hard now that all the ugly fatty R44s have been retired and they are only 50 rusted tin cans at ENY. So if I am on the (J)/(Z) and an R42 train comes, I do what all other riders do when they are not in a hurry; we do not get on board, we simply wait for the next train, which is guaranteed to be an R160A since NYCT never schedules two R42 trains to run consecutively. Last time I did that, I must have counted 10-15 people who did the same. The facial expressions J/Z riders make every time they see that the next incoming train consists of rusted tin cans are priceless and I sometimes give the train a nice kick in the shin or butt for making the lives of those who have to ride them a living hell.

5. Replacing old cars is the MTA's top priority no matter how big their budget deficit is. Why else do you think their capital plan already includes ordering replacement cars for the R62/62As and R68/68As even though they can last past 2030 with their superb stainless steel car bodies?

Ooh, letting all that out felt really good :D

Did you just hit this button?:

stock-photo-red-fail-button-38733427.jpg

I totally disagree on everything. R160s suck, because they make 1,000 failures per day. If you do love the R160s, then join or pair up with FailTrainFoamer and ride the R160s. Watch the problems they occur easily. The members had enough of people posting stupid comments. Make sure you go to Bellevue Hospital.

Like I said, anything that are NOT NTT-related are good cars.

Inappropriate to say. If I said this to you, would you like it:

Is this the launcher you made that it can beam your account to the failure town and if it is, what button do I push?

Do not wait for this for a long time. Next, your gonna post a negative comment.

Like Daniel the Cool said, you can't read other people minds. How can you read it? It's impossible.

You don't use the word fattest. You use long for trains and large for neighborhoods.

Did you just hit this button?:

stock-photo-red-fail-button-38733427.jpg

I totally disagree on everything. R160s suck, because they make 1,000 failures per day. If you do love the R160s, then join or pair up with FailTrainFoamer and ride the R160s. Watch the problems they occur easily.

thank you.

I hit the "thanks" button by accident of FlushingExpress's post, I meant to reply instead:

I understand the likes and dislikes, that's fine, but I think the Brighton (:D(Q) riders like the R-68/As anyways as well as the R-160A/Bs. I can't believe you called Brighton Riders "fat". Did you really have to go that far, or am I misunderstanding what you just said.

And the name-calling, come on now.

I hit the "thanks" button by accident of FlushingExpress's post, I meant to reply instead:

I understand the likes and dislikes, that's fine, but I think the Brighton (:D(Q) riders like the R-68/As anyways as well as the R-160A/Bs. I can't believe you called Brighton Riders "fat". Did you really have to go that far, or am I misunderstanding what you just said.

And the name-calling, come on now.

i know. its childish.

Actually pages 1-5 was about the subject this thread was about, but pages 6-10 is literally just bull. Basically half of this thread is on an argument about why R160's are better then R32's, R68's, and R68A's, and how unsafe the NYC Subway is. Let's hope FtrainFan doesn't bust his way into this thread with his horrible grammar, and make situations worse.

Actually pages 1-5 was about the subject this thread was about, but pages 6-10 is literally just bull. Basically half of this thread is on an argument about why R160's are better then R32's, R68's, and R68A's, and how unsafe the NYC Subway is. Let's hope FtrainFan doesn't bust his way into this thread with his horrible grammar, and make situations worse.

Which is why the arguments need to stop in nyctransitforums.

Sorry people but this is gonna be a doozy of a post...might as well vent before its locked...

Wow, based on the way this thread has gone (foamers complaining about certain car types and acting like morons over a silly train), it seems to be the perfect time for me to return and launch my attack on you suckers. I have been waiting for this for quite sometime. Here are some things I must point out based on what I have seen with my own two eyes:

I never realized you left

1. Except for Zach, Luis, and a few other overweight people, Brighton riders hate the R68/68As after finally realizing how fat and slow they truly are. I live at Sheepshead Bay and go to Hunter College five days a week. I alternate between riding the (B) and (Q) and see the same results all the time. Going northbound, Q riders look ten times happier and more active than B riders and going southbound, people run for the Q like maniacs, but back away sternly from the B. They probably do not care that the B will return to normal express service later this year because they will keep riding the Q local like me for the mere fact that it uses better cars (I always take the (C) over the (A) for this reason and they especially hate to see the scenario where an R68 (B) and R160 (Q) simultaneously leave a station and the Q accelerates quicker and leaves the B behind until it reaches the next local station). So no, you will not see R68/68As on the (Q) again and they need to be taken off the (B) right away. Brighton riders are sick of those chubby chicks. They want cars that are fast and durable and the only car type other than the R160s that rank supreme in both categories is the sleek and shiny R32s. They are perfect on the part-time (B) line.

How the hell can you speak for every single rider on the Brighton? How do you know they like the 160 over the 68s? Unless ypu know every single rider on a first name basis, this paragraph is a moot one

2. Conversely, R68/68As would be perfect for the (A)/©. They go through the fattest neighborhoods in the city, so they should use the system's fattest cars. The obesity rates along Eighth Avenue, Fulton Street, and the Rockaways are astronomical; 4 out of 5 people need to go on a diet and I am sick of constantly being squeezed out of my seat by those chubbos.

Where do I begin on this one...not everyone on the Fulton line is overweight. I basically grew up by the Ralph Av station and I'm not obese in any way. If you don't wanna get squeezed out your seat, take the B25 that runs directly upstairs.

3. IDK what is wrong with all of you, but R160s are great cars, a huge upgrade over the POS they replaced, and well liked by train crew and riders alike. Workers are happiest when they are assigned to operate an R160 and riders are overjoyed and fascinated every time an R160 train pulls up to their station. The cars they replaced had flaws that resulted in negative feedback from riders:

Once again, how can you speak for people? I know people (railfans and non-railfans alike) that hate the 160s

A) R32s: despite their superb durability and cosmetic condition, they are prone to mechanical failures after being pushed way beyond their limits to provide service on the (C) and (E) lines, two of the most heavily used in the system. Those two lines are plagued with impatient jerks holding car doors open and doing other stuff that damages the train. They need SMS and fast if they are to last another five to six years.

There hasn't been a 32 on the (E) in over a year now. Besides, the cars are 46 years old and satill pulling service past their life expectancy. That's a true example of a subway car (don't get me wrong, I want them to retire but they're not going anywhere yet)

B) R38s: years of operating through Jamaica Bay and some of the worst neighborhoods in the city have resulted in severe rotting on their car bodies and lots of dirty and grime in their interiors. I have been to public toilets that were cleaner than these cars.

How are you gonna talk about a car that hasn't seen service in over a year now? The age of the R38s are long gone

C) R40/40Ms: the slanted design proved dangerous and hideous for riders, who also hated their uncomfortable seats and bumpy rides. Nearby residents also hated them for their excessive rumbling while train crew hated their tiny compartments.

Once againthey been gone for a while now. You're talking about them like they're still here in service. Besides, going by what you're saying, crews would also hate operating the 32s since those compartments are also cramped.

D): R42s: cosmetically and structurally, they are the absolute worst in the system with rusted car bodies, horrible graffiti and scrachitti (the BMT Jamaica Line is plagued with gang violence and graffiti artists), ugly interiors, and uncomfortable seats. IDK why they are still in service. They are useless since ENY has enough cars to make the (J)/(Z) exclusively R160s. If anything, they should send 50 R32s from 207th Street (there are 230 of them, but only 144 run at any given time) to ENY and retire the R42s already so that J/Z riders have one less misery to deal with. When I ride them, I am the only happy person on board and the only reason why I am happy is because the miserable look on everyone else's faces is downright amusing. That is the only thing that keeps me from going insane on an R42.

How dare you talk like that. It has been proven time after time that you'll find stuff like that EVERYWHERE. Obviously the 42s are still here so that must mean they're good for something. Not everyone is miserable when a 42 shows up. I'm actually glad they're still here

E) R44s: without a doubt, the biggest failures in NYCS history. 75 footers proved to be a huge step backward and you will never see another car type of that length as a result. The R44s are fat, slow, ugly, and have too many mechanical, structural, and technical problems. Every time I rode on them, something had to malfunction, from the doors to the lights to the air-conditioning, the list goes on. The once powerful St. Louis Car Company collapsed due to their defects.

They're retired, GET OVER IT ALREADY :mad:

4. The most mature thing to do if you are in love with a particular car type is to follow it wherever it goes. If you like the R32s, move to the (C) line (Fulton Street or 8th Avenue). If you like the R68/68As, move to the (B) and (D) lines (West End, Grand Street, or Grand Concourse). If you like the R160s, then you are in luck because you can get them wherever you go. However, do not sacrifice other people's convenience for your own by asking the MTA to change car assignments because you want that way, especially if your fellow riders will not. Conversely, the most mature thing to do if you hate a particular car type is to avoid it all costs and not complain about them on transit forums. If you hate the R32s, avoid the (C). If you hate the R46s, avoid the (A)(G)(R). If you hate the R160s, then leave New York City. I still avoid my least favorite car types no matter what and it is not too hard now that all the ugly fatty R44s have been retired and they are only 50 rusted tin cans at ENY. So if I am on the (J)/(Z) and an R42 train comes, I do what all other riders do when they are not in a hurry; we do not get on board, we simply wait for the next train, which is guaranteed to be an R160A since NYCT never schedules two R42 trains to run consecutively. Last time I did that, I must have counted 10-15 people who did the same. The facial expressions J/Z riders make every time they see that the next incoming train consists of rusted tin cans are priceless and I sometimes give the train a nice kick in the shin or butt for making the lives of those who have to ride them a living hell.

Seriously, you need to STFU (apologies for the language but it has to be said)

5. Replacing old cars is the MTA's top priority no matter how big their budget deficit is. Why else do you think their capital plan already includes ordering replacement cars for the R62/62As and R68/68As even though they can last past 2030 with their superb stainless steel car bodies?

Ooh, letting all that out felt really good :P

Go back to wherever you came from, it was better when you was gone

Now that's it's a said...

:lock:

I used to like the R160s, but I stopped due to 1,000 failures. They suck all right. I have to ride the (N) train with mostly R160s and some R68As and one time, I took the R160s (F)AIL TRAIN to Rockefeller Center. On the FIND screen, it's all blank, same as the interior LED sign.

I think only the (F)AIL TRAIN should serve R160s. That's how I love it! :tup:

So because of ONE failure you saw the entire fleet sucks? Wow that's not biased and illogical at all.

The R142/A are ok imo. I just dont like how they are going off the R142/A design for all upcoming trains.

Not for ALL upcoming trains. The design changes with the decade. Note how all the 60s trains (R32-R42) look pretty much the same, as do all the 70s trains (R44/R46) and the 80s trains (R68/R68A). Designs change; they don't just stick around forever.

Besides those NTT's would fall apart someday anyway then we will see what car is cool.
I wonder how long the R160's would last. We already know their new technology is causing them problems with the steel dust in the tunnels.

It's amazing how quite a few people on this forum have a knack for finding the most minor flaws and use them to claim that a certain subway car won't last 40 years. Oh yes, those NTT's will fall apart someday. That someday is about 40 years from now. Do you know how I know? Because every subway car that we know of today has been built to run for around 40 years and not a single one shows any evidence of serious structural problems while significantly under the age of 40 (the R44s were all near 40 years old).

The NTT's FIND's are not that reliable most of the time, as they have glitches. Nothing is expected to be perfect in this world. Plus, the exterior design is criticized as bland.

The R160s do not have any significant FIND issues. I don't know why people cling onto this problem even though it was only really a problem 2 years ago. I ride the (E) five days a week and the last time I saw an R160 with an improper or frozen FIND display (which wasn't later corrected by the C/R) was 2 months ago if not more.

I totally disagree on everything. R160s suck, because they make 1,000 failures per day. If you do love the R160s, then join or pair up with FailTrainFoamer and ride the R160s. Watch the problems they occur easily. The members had enough of people posting stupid comments. Make sure you go to Bellevue Hospital.

Like I said, anything that are NOT NTT-related are good cars.

Maybe before saying the R160s make 1,000 failures per day, try and actually ride the cars with an open mind before spewing bullshit about the cars just because you don't like them. I'm not calling out anyone here because they have a preference for subway cars; I personally don't have one myself. Please explain to me some of these problems that occur 'easily' on the R160s and '1,000 times a day' though, because as someone who commutes daily on the (E)'s R160s ever since their introduction two years ago, I have never had significant problems on these cars (hmm, kinda like how I've never had major problems on any other subway car! Amazing isn't it?)

Seriously guys, with some of the things that are being said here, some of you are acting as if someone called your mother a whore. They're trains. They're not that big a deal...IDK how you can go on for so many pages bashing trains...

What I find retarded about some of the reason for hating the NTT trains is that they relate failure of the fleet to a frozen digital display. Why? So far I've determined that said haters are so friggen obsessed with the subway that they can microzoom in onto the slightest flaw. So why aren't you obsessed enough to know your line by heart to the point those digital displays aren't even needed for ya? Seriously get off your period and find something to do with your lives because obviously there's too much free time there if you can make that much of a deal out of a trifling problem.

Archived