Newly Added Timers at Broadway Junction

TrainFanatic

I'm wondering why exactly the timers between roughly 125th St and 135th St are as they are. Going up to 207th St, the (A) has to deal with those pesky timers and basically has to crawl through 135th St.

The fastest the train will probably go between 125th and 175 is about 25 to 30-32mph.After that its all downhill to Dyckman but they added a timer for 190th but T/O's still come in wrapped about 37-39mph.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, those timer has to be there because it is homeball alley and it has a ton of switches. You don't want an express to be doing 40 and a switch malfunctions and the train is forced to be sent over a a switch at such a high speed.

A local goes through a bunch of switches and makes a mandatory stop, but is able to beat an express. Where's the logic in that?

A local goes through a bunch of switches and makes a mandatory stop, but is able to beat an express. Where's the logic in that?

Not only that, but a local (R) train can beat the (E) easily from 36th St. to Queens Plaza every time even though the track curvature is basically the same. It's not a sharp curve either. It's not even because of the switch to the (F) (though that homeball can act up a lot as well) but all of these timers after the switch that cause the (E) to slow down. Meanwhile the local track is completely free. What gives? This causes problems with the (E) meeting the (R) at Queens Plaza in the morning soooo often. I don't think I'm ever getting the logic behind some of these timers...

Archived