Newly Added Timers at Broadway Junction

TrainFanatic

one of my favorite sections on the (A) including the section between Hoyt and Nostrand going towards Queens (only w/ the right motorman. :P)

Yep I said something very similar.Its usually a 40/60 chance that T/O will run it but when they do hold on b\c its Full service coming in Nostrand+ that curve.That's the best (A) express run.

Best Express runs on the (A):

59th St to 42nd St S/B usually a speed of 41-48mph.

34th to 14th St S/B usually a 38-42mph

59th to 125th St N/B easy 40 but when the dip comes btwn 103 and 110 there is a timer on there yellow/illuminated white very few T/O's won't brake if they brake most of the time its ok but if they don't brake that's one hell of a T/O b\c I never seen that signal change from Yellow/white to green b\c trains fly by so fast.

125th-59 is iight.

And the last best express runs on the (A) is coming in Nostrand in both directions***only if the Queens bound T/O doesn't brake at Franklin.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

They put a timer there? I was at that station earlier today (going towards Manhattan though) and it looks like the (A) trains were comming in slower thab usual. I know there's one before Utica Av (continuing into the station) and one before Nostrand.

Another useless one is in the Bronx S/B local track from 183rd to Tremont its the 2nd or 3rd signal after 183rd but trains still manage to hit about 35mph b\c its downhill.Come to think of it trains can hit btwn 35 and 40mph on the (:P(D) coming in Fordham Road & Tremont Av in both directions.

There is this timer on CPW S/B I think its after 86th.Its a short distance downhill.Also I'm not sure if you guys take the (C) train along CPW N/B but there is this spot where 32's can hit 40 and thats coming in 110th St from 103 b\c its a slight curve but downhill.

I hope they don't time coming into Continental in Queens.

Thats one of my worst nightmares :P

I always love to go to that station to watch express trains fly in. Its no wonder why theres a sign in the rear of the Manhattan bound platform near express track that reads "employess are forbidden to cross the tracks".

I also hope they dont put timers at Roosevelt Av either.

At least the Brighton exp is not plagued with timers...yet...:eek:

fixed.

I really hope that doesn't happen! what I hope happens is R32's go to the (:P, b/c the Brighton Express will soon need fast trains!

(not to get off-topic)...

There are so many useless timers it is not even funny:

(2)(3) northbound before 96 Street

(2) northbound before Simpson Street

(1) northbound after 125 Street

(1) southbound after 157 Street

(1) southbound after 110 Street (maybe)

(3) New Lots bound, halfway between Rockaway and Junius. Still don't comprehend the logic before that.

Archived