Newly Added Timers at Broadway Junction

TrainFanatic

I was overhearing a motormans conversation as he was talking to someone while I was leaving a Queens bd (A) train this morning at Broadway Junction. He said something along the lines of "...They put in timers. Now I have to come in at ten mph." The motorman was coming in pretty slow.

So does anyone have the answer as to why ten mph timers were installed some ft before the Queens bd (A) platorm?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not even a flipping terminal. @ INDman whats the speed limit for the area? I never knew their was a speed limit between Utica and Broadway.

I think that it was 30 thru the curve coming from Liberty Av, but I don't really remember.

I wonder why the Local trains don't end up having timers.

Oh well, thx god i dont use the IND much, becuz of all the timers hitting in Manhattan. IRT Lex(ESPECIALLY) and 7th avenue really is a better alternative.

On QBL its better out of 36th St.

This system keeps getting lamer. They already killed the <7> express with timers. Oh well, at least I have the DC Metro.

The DC Metro. You mean the one that uses subway cars that crumple up upon impact during an accident, and uses computer drivers that don't know anything. B)

Oh well, thx god i dont use the IND much, becuz of all the timers hitting in Manhattan. IRT Lex(ESPECIALLY) and 7th avenue really is a better alternative.

Because most local train do not pick up much speed from station to station except for deep tunnels and some other places.

Yea it sucks Broadway Junction trains used to come in about 35-38mph Queensbound but coming from Pukelid Av Manhattan bound those timers kick in on the curves limiting to around 20-25mph.

I think some of you guys realize this signal around Franklin Avenue on the express track Queens bound some T/O's brake and some don't b\c the signal is Yellow with a S followed by Green.So its G-Y*s*-G and when T/O's run it trains come flying in Nostrand doing about 42-44mph.That's the best express part run in Brooklyn if the T/O runs it.Also coming in Nostrand Manhattan bound ain't bad b\c of the hill.

There's so many places where the local is more than a viable alternative to the express it isn't even funny. The (A) is only 3 minutes faster than the (C) from 168th St. to 34th St. going S/B (and maybe a little faster going N/B). If an (E) and an (R) leave 36th St. at the same time the (R) might even be leaving by the time the (E) enters Queens Plaza (unless the timers clear quickly, which is very rare nowadays). There's actually so many more examples it's not even funny...

Keep it up MTA. The timers into Simpson Street is just smfh but yet trains fly out of Simpson Street.

I just dont understand a 10mph ST into Broadway Junction. They may as well put a 10mph ST into Baychester Avenue.

This is why Locals will always be the best option. Timers just defeat the purpose of Express Service.

I just hope theirs no reason to install timers between Utica and Nostrand going towards Manhattan. Its a short distance but trains quickly gain a good amount of speed. Thats actually one of my favorite sections on the (A) including the section between Hoyt and Nostrand going towards Queens (only w/ the right motorman. B))

Archived