Howdy NYCTransitForums!

NE933

Hello to all, I am newly registered here. Some of you might recognize my login name/pseudonym 'NE933' from other rail sites.

I am fanatical about all things Amtrak: keeping it running, equipment, history, the people who work there. I do not call Amtrak a corporation; instead it is an entity, a life that has a pulse in the rails, trains, and facilities.

Other rail interests are freight lines in my region, various routes that have significance to me, and NYC transit.

Besides trains, these other things interest me: existential or philosphical themes, psychology and mental illness, spirituality, various Eastern disciplines incl. meditation, Tai Chi, music therapy.

Lastly I'm going to take a risk with the following: I am openly gay. That means I'm a guy who's attracted to other guys. It does not mean I'm weak, evil, twisted in nature, or desire to convert others to something they are not. The reason I bring this to the table is the fact that there are many railfans, as well as railroad employees, who are closeted for fear of attack and ridicule by coworkers, fellow union members, and family. It would be happy day if the seemingly antigay culture of railroading, and, what appears to be an anti-train culture of various gay communities, can break down the divisive walls that serve no other purpose but to isolate and hurt. Who knows what benefits all of us can get?

Thank you for listening, and all the best

-NE933

Archived