Camden to reduce police force in half

R68 Subway Car

Uhh, this has nothing to do with Obama or tax cuts. It has to do with a city that never bounced back after all the jobs left. Philadelphia has similar problems, so does Detroit. The manufacturing is gone. How come New York and Boston were able to fix it but others can't? They need to be far more creative.

Camden is sad and always will be sad. Even if they didnt cut the cops, Camden would still be Camden. Its a shame because it could be a really nice place. Tons of Bus Service. The problem exists along Broadway where the drugs and sad lifestyle of those people. Sometimes when there would be a big delay on 676 and 42, I would take the 313 down Broadway to Brooklawn and get back on 42 via Route 130 and all you can do is shake your head when you see that place. It is a slum and the cops wont make it any better. And with the cops doing those false arrest and buying drugs off the street to plant on random people.

With or without cops Camden will still be Camden.

Going north to Cherry Hill on the 404/405 the sadness just continues untill you reach farther out of camden city and enter the rich areas along the 404/405.

Then you have the 400 which runs through the most shyt side of Camden on Route 168. I give it to those drivers for doing Local Service through there.

Camden is sad and always will be sad. Even if they didnt cut the cops, Camden would still be Camden. Its a shame because it could be a really nice place. Tons of Bus Service. The problem exists along Broadway where the drugs and sad lifestyle of those people. Sometimes when there would be a big delay on 676 and 42, I would take the 313 down Broadway to Brooklawn and get back on 42 via Route 130 and all you can do is shake your head when you see that place. It is a slum and the cops wont make it any better. And with the cops doing those false arrest and buying drugs off the street to plant on random people.

With or without cops Camden will still be Camden.

Going north to Cherry Hill on the 404/405 the sadness just continues untill you reach farther out of camden city and enter the rich areas along the 404/405.

Then you have the 400 which runs through the most shyt side of Camden on Route 168. I give it to those drivers for doing Local Service through there.

Not to mention it's amazing how Philadelphia's neighbor on the NJ side could be arguably the worst and most ghetto major city in America right now.

I don't all know of the social, economic and cultural reasons why this area is filled with Prostiutes, Drug addicts and people who are begging for money especially at the Camden Transit Center. (aka Walter Rand)However that city is almost a lost cause and 'shot.' No pun intended

Yet if you drive about 10-15 miles away in the Mount Laurel area, it's a nice, fairly safe and affordable South Jersey suburb.

Camden in 2011, is basically what Newark, NJ was for many years after the 1967 race riots until Mayor Cory Booker took office. If Camden could get a Mayor like Booker and most important could get investments for new businesses to open in that city, there is always hope.

Not to mention it's amazing how Philadelphia's neighbor on the NJ side could be arguably the worst and most ghetto major city in America right now.

I don't all of the social, economic and cultural reasons why this area is filled with Prostiutes, Drug addicts and people who are begging for money especially at the Camden Transit Center. (aka Walter Rand)

Yet if you drive about 10-15 miles away in the Mount Laurel area, it's a nice, fairly safe and affordable South Jersey suburb.

Camden in 2011, is basically what Newark, NJ was for many years after the 1967 race riots until Mayor Cory Booker took office. If Camden could get a Mayor like Booker and most important could get investments for new businesses to open in that city, there is always hope.

Agreed! There is nothing that can be done to save Camden. That place is shot.

And what blows my mind is how they have Rutgers Camden right in the middle of all this.

The rich solution for everything. Those who have cut vital services when times get rough but they leave unnecessary programs in place.

And then they blame the union.

F*** the rich.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were one of them.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were one of them.

"No I'd be too busy shitting all over all of you and loving all the things that I'm doing "legally" because no one in the current system would have the balls to stand up to me and punch me in the face either physically or metaphorically, for taking their livelihood away from them."

That's the America the rich live in.

Camden came to the point that they just say, let them kill themselves. Just need enough officers to do paperwork on the deceased. If you have the means to get out, get out. If not, even if you want better for yourself and family, it's just collateral damage.......

Sadly, I have had to go to ABC Bus company in Camden (Campus did have a few VanHools), and to get back to the Highway, OMG the horror. I was praying, bus don't break down here...........

Sadly, I have had to go to ABC Bus company in Camden (Campus did have a few VanHools), and to get back to the Highway, OMG the horror. I was praying, bus don't break down here...........

I know the feeling....I've done the 8pm Philly-NY that stops in Camden. I'm a big dude (6'3/250lbs) and even I didn't want to get off the bus to load people.

Camden (Camden County), sadly, has been declining since the 1950's but it seems like crime has gotten out of control since 1990 and escalated during the 2000's.

Camden peaked in 1950 with a population of 124,555 and the current population is 78,790. Camden has become poor with two out of every five residents below the United States poverty level. Unemployment is 16.3%.

By contrast, Cherry Hill (a Township (like Hamilton in Mercer County)) is nearly as large as Camden today with a population of 70,800. Until November 7, 1961 Cherry Hill was Delaware Township.

While Jersey City and Newark have enjoyed turnarounds since 1990 and Elizabeth has remained stable, this hasn't occurred in Camden.

Dumb Question. Has Camden already had this crime problem? Or did it get out of control in last 10-15 years?:confused:

Archived