(D) Coney Island-bound trains skip 25 Av (Long Term)

Sea Beach

(D) Coney Island-bound trains skip 25 Av

Beginning 12:01 AM Sat, Feb 19 until 6 PM Sun, Feb 27

For service to this station, take the (D) to Bay 50 St and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

For service from this station, take the (D) to Bay Pkwy and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (D).

Thoughts?

(D) Coney Island-bound trains skip 25 Av

Beginning 12:01 AM Sat, Feb 19 until 6 PM Sun, Feb 27

For service to this station, take the (D) to Bay 50 St and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

For service from this station, take the (E) to Bay Pkwy and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (D).

Thoughts?

It is what it is. May I suggest repair/replacement of the stairway from the platform to the mezzanine perhaps?

I'm sure there is a logical reason! One of you guys should investiagate and tell us.

It is what it is. May I suggest repair/replacement of the stairway from the platform to the mezzanine perhaps?

I'm sure there is a logical reason! One of you guys should investiagate and tell us.

Im in South BK, im gonna check this out soon....

Lol, I'd love to see an (E) train in South Brooklyn....

LOL my bad! I fixed it now, and yea, (E) To Coney Island via Culver :cool:

Would the (D) run on the express track to skip the station? I know siwtching adds delays, but it might save time overall since the train wouldn't have to crawl through the station.

Probably not, because the switch to get back over to the local track is after Bay 50 St, and that station would still be served..

Lol, I'd love to see an (E) train in South Brooklyn....

Used to see them from time to time when the R ran R-42s. They would sometimes come to Brooklyn almost completely signed as E's. So that's about as close as you could get to an E in South Brooklyn other than a reroute to Whitehall St.

Archived