New Member from Matawan, NJ

Retired Transit

Hi.

I’m going to assume that many here – like me – are current, former, or retired Employees of the NYCTA. I retired as a Station Agent in January of 2009, and have been a member of the Electric Railroader’s Association since 1967. My interest in Public Transit is a subset of my interest in Railroads in general. I live 20 Minutes from the Matawan Station, and travel into NYC and Northern New Jersey at least once a month.

Hi.

I’m going to assume that many here – like me – are current, former, or retired Employees of the NYCTA. I retired as a Station Agent in January of 2009, and have been a member of the Electric Railroader’s Association since 1967. My interest in Public Transit is a subset of my interest in Railroads in general. I live 20 Minutes from the Matawan Station, and travel into NYC and Northern New Jersey at least once a month.

I also live 20 minutes from Matawan down in Freehold. Welcome to the forums and have a drink. (You own at home that is :()

I also live 20 minutes from Matawan down in Freehold. Welcome to the forums and have a drink. (You own at home that is :()

Sorry, I made the mistake of not explaining that I live 20 minutes - walking - from the Matawan Station. If I were to walk from Matawan to Freehold, it would take more than an hour.

Speaking of Matawan and Freehold, have you ever explored the ex- Jersey Central single track branch line that once carried passengers between Matawan and Freehold, and today is a bike path between the two communities? The Train Station that still exists in Freehold was - in effect - a Union Station since the PRR Trains that ran to Long Branch from Monmouth Junction via Freehold (the line that still exists through Freehold) interchanged freight equipment and passengers at Freehold.

• 1 month later...

Archived