A good idea

Abba

And you're going to pay for this how?

Maybe not at all times of the day.Let's say rush hours and such. I'ts just an idea that i thought about. Maybe they can train the token booth clerks to go on the tracks if they can't pay for it.

That sounds like a good idea, but the (MTA) has no money, and you would need several of them patrolling the platform just in case. So no money would mean no labor. We can't do anything about it. Especially since the (MTA) did a major cut back in 6/2010, and I am sure there would be more cuts in the future. The (MTA) is in major debt. Imagine what you would do if you were the chairman, and had to face all this debt. Also you would be delaying trains or slowing them down. So no.

PS No one should be down there in the first place. If you are down there then you would get killed. It's common sense. If you don't have it then you should either learn, or shoot yourself, because you would just be one big dummy that won't help the world at all.

Does anyone think that at every station there should be a Transit Worker who is authorized to go on the tracks to retrieve what people drop on the tracks? This would save lots of lives potentially. Any thoughts?
If the individual drops something on the tracks, it's pretty much his/her problem, not someone else's. This is why they shouldn't take it out because they end up risking their life by retrieving it on the tracks and most of the time, they don't make it.

If the individual drops something on the tracks, it's pretty much his/her problem, not someone else's. This is why they shouldn't take it out because they end up risking their life by retrieving it on the tracks and most of the time, they don't make it.

What about those stupid old posters about dropping something and asking an MTA employee for help?

Does anyone think that at every station there should be a Transit Worker who is authorized to go on the tracks to retrieve what people drop on the tracks? This would save lots of lives potentially. Any thoughts?

Most stations have a station agent to take care of that. If not, then wait until the next train comes and talk to the conductor.

Does anyone think that people should just keep their shit off of the tracks? This would save everyone a lot of time for sure. Any thoughts?

The one time an MTA employee retrieved my phone (which I thought was a lost cause, as I left it for dead) from the tracks, he decided to bombard my girlfriend at the time with lewd text messages.

So...I'm indifferent to this proposal.

Archived