maxamillion

Anyone hear anything about the T/O, O/C exam #8098? Are they still on the Promotional?

I'm no longer posting updates about the two lists. If you want to know why, just look up past threads. Anyone wanting updates on this private message me or talk to Alex L. Everyone else has incorrect information.

up to about 150 out of around 800on the promo list

that is wrong. the last person hired was 113. a few of them used to flag. this is a very slow moving list because a lot of people have been preparing for it. by saving sick time, getting a high test score and not getting into any labor relation issues.

No need for cheap insults like that. Either answer the question or don't respond. Past posters on here who know a lot more about the hiring process have said that for promotional exams all you need to do is pass the test, as well as meet the job requirements.

Damn thats it...when i finally get the call I'll be a P.O. by then!!! I actually thought my 95 did some justice.

A 95 isnt bad. It will still probably take another 2 years to get to your list number though but its better than being a cop.

Youd rather walk around with a target on your back for 44k per year? Its pretty much a thankless job for the most part. Its depressing what you have to deal with and see every day.. A T/O makes atleast 10k more without the overtime or night differential with alot less to deal with.

It's 22 years now for the pension, but you are right, cops

make more then T/O's. After 5.5 years, top pay including

OT is around 90k yr.

Yeah sure 90k after everything is thrown in with night differential and overtime, and thats just an estimate. Thats not guaranteed. I know a few T/O in the family who made more than 80+k with overtime. Not to mention if you go for promotionals you can easily get 90k without overtime.

Can any conductor do flagging, or is that only for high seniority conductors? Sounds like a more pleasureable job than having to deal with angry riders all day who hold you personally responsible anytime the train is late...

I look at it like this.. Hey Im already at work, who cares if they are late and complain hahahah

you got flagmen making over a 100k with overtime. i hit 70k working very little ot. my buddy who stays at all the jobs made 80k. so it does not matter what title you work in, its how strong your drive is to make money.

Anddddd I roger that.

As with most things in life, one's drive dictates how far one will go. Someone who works the bare minimum will earn just that. This goes for just about any job, and certainly for every person.

There's nothing like the truth to drive a point home.

Yes it's 76488 but that doesn't include holiday pay

uniform allowance and night differential pay and longevity pay

which brings the total after 5.5 years to 90829

not including overtime . That's is from the nypd recruitment

site .

76k, 90k, these are all just estimates you are not guranteed these figures. So why are you all still going back and forth about it? 8098 still has some time to be reached. Stop obsessing over it.

Archived