Mubarak finally takes hint, steps down

Nova RTS 9147

Hosni Mubarak, the Egyptian president, has resigned from his post, handing over power to the armed forces.

Omar Suleiman, the vice-president, announced in a televised address that the president was "waiving" his office, and had handed over authority to the Supreme Council of the armed forces.

Earlier, massive crowds have gathered across Egypt, including hundreds of thousands of protesters in and around Cairo's Tahrir [Liberation] Square, calling for Mubarak to stand down.

Pro-democracy activists in the Egyptian capital also marched on the presidential palace and state television buildings on Friday, the 18th consecutive day of protests.

Froom Al Jazeera English: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/02/201121125158705862.html

Probably to Saudi Arabia or England.

By the way, today is also the 32nd Anniversary of the end of Iran's revolution, where Iran became a theocratic dictatorship. Fate apparently has a sense of irony.

No matter where he goes, just saw on the news that Mubarak's "Swiss and other international' bank accounts have been frozen.

So looks like the now former Strongman of Egypt won't be living in exile the millions he stole from his countryman in comprasion to Marcos, "Baby Doc' Noreiga and other dictators who were thrown out in a coup. The plans to live in Bermunda are now cancelled.

Not to mention rumors are flying online that a 'bounty' of millions of dollars has been placed on Mubarak 'head' to be tried and even executed.:eek:

Remember now there are only three possible outcomes in Egypt. One is the military doesn't give up control, and seize power creating a Military Junta, or the Military would step down opening the doors to democracy, and the final one is the Muslim Brotherhood movement was a cheap trick, and they create a Iranian styled government. Hopefully it will become democratic, and would have the three words we have Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

If anything, the Iranian protesting a few year ago, is what was needed more. Egypt was 'stable' before this rioting. Obama backed the wrong 'dictator' to overthrow. All we can hope for is either the military keeps the 'status quo' or there is a true democracy without the radicals [kill Israel], etc.

They all need to be overthrown. Theyre all murderers.

Btw, apparently Mubarak is closer to meeting god than we all think. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/02/15/2011-02-15_exegyptian_president_hosni_mubarak_in_a_coma_reports_protests_flare_up_in_bahrai.html

No to bring peace to the world the best option here is to put the entire city of Jerusalem under the UN's control. Thus no war would be fought over the city, because it's international soil. Or a better idea is to civilize the religion of Islam, and to modernize it so it would be like modern day Christianity, including an Islamic Pope like figure to keep the religion intact, and to keep them for trying to blame the world for their problems.

Remember I am only trying to be nice here. I still think the religion of Islam should be destroyed for it's inhumane ways.

Or a better idea is to civilize the religion of Islam, and to modernize it so it would be like modern day Christianity, including an Islamic Pope like figure to keep the religion intact, and to keep them for trying to blame the world for their problems.

Remember I am only trying to be nice here. I still think the religion of Islam should be destroyed for it's inhumane ways.

So basically we force our religious ways and customs on their religion. Or we destroy it outright. I see problems here...

EDIT: Try uniting Shia and Sunni Islam under one head figure, I dare ya. While you're at it, why not unite all of Christianity as well to set a good example? Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, and the bajillions of Protestant denominations out there.

Didn't think so.

No to bring peace to the world the best option here is to put the entire city of Jerusalem under the UN's control. Thus no war would be fought over the city, because it's international soil. Or a better idea is to civilize the religion of Islam, and to modernize it so it would be like modern day Christianity, including an Islamic Pope like figure to keep the religion intact, and to keep them for trying to blame the world for their problems.

It's not Islam anymore then, just like "Christianity" today isn't Christianity in its original spirit.

Look what I am saying their religion is barbaric, and inhumane with that ugly Sharia Law, and if they don't change their ways, and destroy that law, and stop what they are doing then they would be a Hitler incarnate.

Godwin's Law FTW

And if Islam is so barbaric, then explain all the peaceful Muslims who live in the United States and elsewhere. Explain all those moderate Muslims who actually protested the actions of radical Islam. And there are also countries who have gotten rid of Sharia for all governmental and legal purposes, like separation of church and state here. You want to destroy them too?

Remember that the radicals corrupted Islamic law to conform to their sick-minded ideals.

Remember that the radicals corrupted Islamic law to conform to their sick-minded ideals.

It depends on your tolerance level. It's probably safe to say that all Muslims deviate from the book's words. There is a passage on wife-beating which can be interpreted literally or in an extremely figurative way.

No what I meant was to modernize Islam so it would be like modern day Christianity.

" Modern day Christianity" means what exactly? There seems to be a whole lot of intolerance in this "so called" Christian U.S.of A these days. In fact if you look at our American history with open eyes and real objectivity you would probably drop the subject and remain silent. Think Native Americans, Blacks, Irish, Jews, Italians, Chinese, to name a few. There's quite a few examples of "Christian" tolerance I've left out I'm sure but you get my drift, right? BTW weren't Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Apartheid South Africa, and the rulers of the British Empire "so called" Christians also? Real role models, huh? So lets not tar all followers of any religion as paragons or demons and deal with each on an individual basis. Peace.

Archived