Bike racks

Amtrak7

The bike racks have, as that last photo shows, a brace bar you put up over the fender/tire. It holds the bike firmly in place, even over potholes. I've seen busses with bikes on the front bump all around on uneven pavement and whatnot, the bikes don't move at all.

- A

I have seen only one of the new DE40LFR's without a bike rack in town here, some of them do not have bike racks yet, i believe :septa: has been more concerned with weather issues to install them. All of the older stuff i've ever seen, including the DE40LF have them.

- A

It would be a problem for MTAB since none of their buses have Front End Ad's, but NYCT and LIB would need to cease Front End Advertising in favor of Bike Racks....

No Advertiser is going to pay money to have their Ad's blocked by Bike Racks...So it like an either or situation.

It would be a problem for MTAB since none of their buses have Front End Ad's, but NYCT and LIB would need to cease Front End Advertising in favor of Bike Racks....

No Advertiser is going to pay money to have their Ad's blocked by Bike Racks...So it like an either or situation.

Uh, there are T/As in North America have placement card attached to the bike racks.

Uh, there are T/As in North America have placement card attached to the bike racks.

Uhhh but that probably would still pose a problem for current contracts with Advertisers since the MTA cannot guarantee their ads will be in the viewable position at all times...plus the Ad sizes will probably need to be smaller...

A whole rework of how Front end Ads are will be in order if the MTA was to adopt bike racks and probably would have to sell the space at a reduced price. Not something I'm sure the MTA is in favor of...

Uhhh but that probably would still pose a problem for current contracts with Advertisers since the MTA cannot guarantee their ads will be in the viewable position at all times...plus the Ad sizes will probably need to be smaller...

The size of the ad space, is the same size size.

It doesn't matter. MTA will not use bike racks unless King Bloomberg write a blank check to force the MTA to install bike racks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

The MTA could get bike racks installed on at least the incoming bus orders, and anything 8 years or newer (any buses they plan to keep in service for awhile) if they wanted to. But, it's easier for them to come up with excuses about why they can't do anything innovative than to actually do something innovative. New York's not the only city with tight turns, busy streets, and heavy traffic.

Oh hell, as long as the new buses have USB outlets, we'll be fine.

Archived