NYCT being subsidized largely by Nassau money?

Joel Up Front

Hire people to drive a bus or train at $10 an hour and you risk having a workforce filled with people like those who work for the Chinatown buses and that guy who crashed the bus on I-95.

LOW wages DONT work with bus drivers!!!! I was talking about management and creating more money making opportunities like the upgraded advertizing I have noticed that the MTA is improving somewhat plus I dont know much about walder so I cant say nothing about him good or bad just wait and see.

LOW wages DONT work with bus drivers!!!! I was talking about management and creating more money making opportunities like the upgraded advertizing I have noticed that the MTA is improving somewhat plus I dont know much about walder so I cant say nothing about him good or bad just wait and see.

You mentioned high costs and unions. Management aren't part of unions.

The public needs to stop villainizing unions and public workers. We aren't the problem in this country. Those workers who worked in the private sector racking up the big figure salaries laughing on the way to the bank and raising their noses up at those who chose to bust their asses doing civil service jobs are the ones who are now butthurt at us trying to bring us down. Transportation isn't an industry cut out for everyone. One guy in ky training class quit after working for the railroad for one day. I have a respect for those who paid their dues to bring the benefits rookies like myself will one day enjoy.

The public needs to stop villainizing unions and public workers. We aren't the problem in this country. Those workers who worked in the private sector racking up the big figure salaries laughing on the way to the bank and raising their noses up at those who chose to bust their asses doing civil service jobs are the ones who are now butthurt at us trying to bring us down. Transportation isn't an industry cut out for everyone. One guy in ky training class quit after working for the railroad for one day. I have a respect for those who paid their dues to bring the benefits rookies like myself will one day enjoy.

good you understand what I meant

N20/21 need to come out of CP DEPOT and michel field but more CP so more trips can operate full rte and the service to hicksville can start early. there are so many ways and if walder can do it then it can be done.

College Point Depot's routes are fully funded by NYCDOT. Running Nassau routes from CP means that City taxpayers get to bail out Nassau County AGAIN.

Sequence:

The MTA and NYC provides bus service for Nassau, who pays the MTA.

Nassau decides it is quite clearly god, and demands free service.

The MTA and NYC say no, and Nassau decides to privatize.

Joel Up Front says NYC is butthurt.

Your money funded your bus service. "Largely by Nassau money" is a load of garbage. The payroll tax is about $1.3 billion of a $12 billion budget. And, on top of that the payroll tax is built so that the five boroughs pay for 75 percent of it. Last I checked, Nassau County wasn't a borough. Your money and my money pays for our collective service. That's how government run programs work. That's how all taxes work. When you stop paying, you stop getting service. Don't give us this claim that Nassau paid for the rest of NYC, because it just isn't true.

true to a certain extent I will not even join this argument yal can fight each other for all I care but I am only just going about rte alignment here nuff said wheres the popcorn

Wow, you seem to get so butthurt over "NYC bailing Nassau out" when our goddamned money is going to you.

LOL...anyone that says that Long Island money is funding New York City Transit has to know that they are wrong. It is such a stupid statement that I believe that all journalists that claim this should be slapped on sight across the face with a copy of The Map.

I guess that the LIRR is "cheap to operate". A large chunk of those 734 miles is in Nassau County and electrified. Certainly, operations plus the capital program liquidate $1.3B in a hurry.

Each of us have plenty of ideas to better run MTA, here's afew of mine. If I wrote something similar to your idea, please pardon any copy right infringment;)

1. Labor should be paid a liveable wage, however $30+ per hour with a contract that sets run pay computations and OT hours rate for types of runs,regardless of actual hours worked needs to be curtailed.

2. MTA labor is paid extremely well, look at any depot or yard parking lot,yet labor refuses to up any $$ contributions to their own long term advantage.

3. Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess/Nassua/Suffolk/CT counties commuters should pay the same percentage scale that NYCT riders pay on costs per mile.

4. MTA management should not be receiving lifetime medical benefits.

5. MTA lower and upper management should not be paid more then 5 to 10% then the base salary of it highest paid hourly employees. This is a state job, bonuses should not be given out, period. Want more find a private job like this and good luck on getting higher pay.

6. MTA lower management should stop kissing up to its next level of management, get its head out its ass and think of contructive ways to improve routes and service, not the easy cutting away practice it now uses.

7. MTA management does not need new autos every year, they should use the system as required in its own rules and regulations for on duty employees.

8. Eliminate the MTA Board.

9. Eliminate CEO/Board Chairman position altogether.

10. Eliminate the numerous VPs, etc, etc. One VP Buses, One VP Subway, One VP commuter rail.

11. Consolidate all bus operations MTAB, NYCT, LIB, NJT, Bee Line into one organization with one mission statement, one top executive and eliminate the multiple layers of bureaucracy. Say bye to excesssive numbers of lawyers, analysts, secretaries, outside contractors, etc .

12. Each depot/yard needs only a General Supt and a few Supts and dispatchers/foremen to run it.

13.Eliminate the advertising of MTA itself and save $$$$$, we all know its there, if it ran better more would use it.

14. Enforce fare payment, period.

15. Remove the bridges and tunnels from MTA's grasps, create a seperate authority for these.

16. Consolidate and relocate MTA management operations to a single facility outside of Manhattan's 2 Broadway, 346 Madison, Lexington, etc, to maybe in a place like the south Bronx, save $$$ and reinvest in a neighborhood that can use it.

17. Use the MTA Police for all MTA related transportation only, not local police agency 911 calls.(the last involving the MTA PD friendly fire incident is going to cost a lot of $$$$ in the lawsuit)

18. Eliminate the multiple management layers in subways. MSI, MSII, etc is a little much. Restructure supervision.

19. Put back the clerks and wire cameras to the booths, then they can really be watched.

20. Be patient with this list, these are only thoughts and ideas.:P

Each of us have plenty of ideas to better run MTA, here's afew of mine. If I wrote something similar to your idea, please pardon any copy right infringment;)

1. Labor should be paid a liveable wage, however $30+ per hour with a contract that sets run pay computations and OT hours rate for types of runs,regardless of actual hours worked needs to be curtailed.

2. MTA labor is paid extremely well, look at any depot or yard parking lot,yet labor refuses to up any $$ contributions to their own long term advantage.

3. Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess/Nassua/Suffolk/CT counties commuters should pay the same percentage scale that NYCT riders pay on costs per mile.

4. MTA management should not be receiving lifetime medical benefits.

5. MTA lower and upper management should not be paid more then 5 to 10% then the base salary of it highest paid hourly employees. This is a state job, bonuses should not be given out, period. Want more find a private job like this and good luck on getting higher pay.

6. MTA lower management should stop kissing up to its next level of management, get its head out its ass and think of contructive ways to improve routes and service, not the easy cutting away practice it now uses.

7. MTA management does not need new autos every year, they should use the system as required in its own rules and regulations for on duty employees.

8. Eliminate the MTA Board.

9. Eliminate CEO/Board Chairman position altogether.

10. Eliminate the numerous VPs, etc, etc. One VP Buses, One VP Subway, One VP commuter rail.

11. Consolidate all bus operations MTAB, NYCT, LIB, NJT, Bee Line into one organization with one mission statement, one top executive and eliminate the multiple layers of bureaucracy. Say bye to excesssive numbers of lawyers, analysts, secretaries, outside contractors, etc .

12. Each depot/yard needs only a General Supt and a few Supts and dispatchers/foremen to run it.

13.Eliminate the advertising of MTA itself and save $$$$$, we all know its there, if it ran better more would use it.

14. Enforce fare payment, period.

15. Remove the bridges and tunnels from MTA's grasps, create a seperate authority for these.

16. Consolidate and relocate MTA management operations to a single facility outside of Manhattan's 2 Broadway, 346 Madison, Lexington, etc, to maybe in a place like the south Bronx, save $$$ and reinvest in a neighborhood that can use it.

17. Use the MTA Police for all MTA related transportation only, not local police agency 911 calls.(the last involving the MTA PD friendly fire incident is going to cost a lot of $$$$ in the lawsuit)

18. Eliminate the multiple management layers in subways. MSI, MSII, etc is a little much. Restructure supervision.

19. Put back the clerks and wire cameras to the booths, then they can really be watched.

20. Be patient with this list, these are only thoughts and ideas.:)

some of these ideas are BRILLIANT HOWEVER SOME AREN'T the bus operations should be merged but NOT NJT as NJT's service area is the largest of any transit agency in the US!!!! the MTA doesn't need that extra responsibility!!!! also the bridges and tunnels' revenues provide funding to some bus routes!!!!

however beeline is more compatible with putnam's bus routes and the MTA should only act as a planning agency for the hudson valley region!!! I have a hudson valley bus proposal if you want to see it I will send it to u after finishing it but I already sent a nassau one to the MTA board on a restructuring of routes. The nassau one I finished.

Advertising is needed more than ever. People do not always know what the buses do, particularly tourists. It is also a cheap way of filling buses.

some of these ideas are BRILLIANT HOWEVER SOME AREN'T the bus operations should be merged but NOT NJT as NJT's service area is the largest of any transit agency in the US!!!! the MTA doesn't need that extra responsibility!!!! also the bridges and tunnels' revenues provide funding to some bus routes!!!!

however beeline is more compatible with putnam's bus routes and the MTA should only act as a planning agency for the hudson valley region!!! I have a hudson valley bus proposal if you want to see it I will send it to u after finishing it but I already sent a nassau one to the MTA board on a restructuring of routes. The nassau one I finished.

I would have to agree with most of this as well. I like most of his ideas too.

Advertising is needed more than ever. People do not always know what the buses do, particularly tourists. It is also a cheap way of filling buses.

TV Advertising "MTA going your way" is wasted money, full page ads for MTA are wasted $$$.

As for advertising on MTA vehicles, that's fine.

TV Advertising "MTA going your way" is wasted money, full page ads for MTA are wasted $$$.

As for advertising on MTA vehicles, that's fine.

I agree that "make yourself feel good" advertising is not needed, but transit service to major attractions need advertising. I want the MTA touting their airport transit services to visitors. I want the MTA advertising bus service to major employment centers like Howland Hook. I want the MTA advertising transit services to the ballpark. It sould not be assumed that everyone that lives in the region know how to use and access the system.

It is this kind of oversight that is leading to people getting fined up the rear end on the M15SBS. There are people who do not intuitively know how to use a bus. I deal with them every summer and most are not idiots.

:tup:

I agree that "make yourself feel good" advertising is not needed, but transit service to major attractions need advertising. I want the MTA touting their airport transit services to visitors. I want the MTA advertising bus service to major employment centers like Howland Hook. I want the MTA advertising transit services to the ballpark. It sould not be assumed that everyone that lives in the region know how to use and access the system.

It is this kind of oversight that is leading to people getting fined up the rear end on the M15SBS. There are people who do not intuitively know how to use a bus. I deal with them every summer and most are not idiots.

AND THE WINNER IS JAzumah

I couldn't possibly have said that any better.

Wow, you seem to get so butthurt over "NYC bailing Nassau out" when our goddamned money is going to you.

Money? We have to fight Nassau tooth and nail to get a dime!:tdown:

Sequence:

The MTA and NYC provides bus service for Nassau, who pays the MTA.

Nassau decides it is quite clearly god, and demands free service.

The MTA and NYC say no, and Nassau decides to privatize.

Joel Up Front says NYC is butthurt.

Your money funded your bus service. "Largely by Nassau money" is a load of garbage. The payroll tax is about $1.3 billion of a $12 billion budget. And, on top of that the payroll tax is built so that the five boroughs pay for 75 percent of it. Last I checked, Nassau County wasn't a borough. Your money and my money pays for our collective service. That's how government run programs work. That's how all taxes work. When you stop paying, you stop getting service. Don't give us this claim that Nassau paid for the rest of NYC, because it just isn't true.

LOL...anyone that says that Long Island money is funding New York City Transit has to know that they are wrong. It is such a stupid statement that I believe that all journalists that claim this should be slapped on sight across the face with a copy of The Map.

I guess that the LIRR is "cheap to operate". A large chunk of those 734 miles is in Nassau County and electrified. Certainly, operations plus the capital program liquidate $1.3B in a hurry.

Archived