MTA looks to sell 347 Madison Avenue

I guess this would mean that my chances of seeing Jay Walder on Madison Ave would decrease quite a bit seeing that I work up the block from the building, but yeah, this is a good move. Cut more management, but they still need to have more oversight. Construction projects take a year and a day and yet you've got subway lines knocked out every weekend and no track work or any work of any sort happening.

This is not new. For the last 2 years or so the MTA (MNR specifically) have been slowly moving it's offices out of there and Graybar.

So Truckie are you also be moved to White Plains? My brother is being reassigned up there starting around July-August. Its going to be hard for him since he lives in the Bordertown(Trenton)NJ area.

347 Madison is a very upscale and prestigious neighborhood. The cash starved MTA should not be there, when they can sell the property for fair market, and consolidate into a more efficient and less valuable location.

They should utilize air rights over their own property like East New York in Brooklyn. Fat chance the big shots would ever want to work out of that location, but then it would save the taxpayers plenty. And there is no reason that management of MN has to be near GCT.

Was told that the initial purpose of 2 Broadway was to serve as the HQ, but they changed plans due to folks from Westchester etc. who did not want to take a subway to Lower Manh in addition to their MN commute. In any event, I couldn't imagine how leasing space could be any cheaper than maintaining the buildings which they already own. And I doubt that 2 Bway could absorb all that much.

Archived