Do you avoid or go to restaurants due to the NYC Health Dept.'s Sanitary Inspection Grade?

RTS CNG Command

Same here. I haven't eaten McDonald's since 2004 or any other "fast food". :tdown:

I gave up Subway too. No more processed food for me. I would be a fat slob now if I were eating that stuff. :eek:

As long as you're not eating fast food on a daily basis, you'll be fine.

Honestly speaking I can't trust some of the grades. For example, there is a sushi place around the block and everyone knows they are dirty as hell, yet they received a B? Uh, no.

But then again I don't pay attention to much of them unless heard from the community's opinions on them.

Another note, I've also stopped eating FF and started watching what I eat.

I love the grade signs in food places' & store windows. IIRC they had this system in place in LA for years before NYC started doing it. Was this Daddy Warbuck's (Bloomberg's) idea? Or the City Council's? Doesn't matter. NYC did something smart for a change.

The grades affect my deciding to go into an establishment or not. A & B is fine. C I'd be on the fence about. Happy to say alot of the places I go to have A or B in the window:)

There's a chinese restaurant in my area still have a grade pending paper in their window for about 3 months so far....

One day I walk into this pizza place,I saw lady inspecting the place and she ask the owner alot of question why this there etc,however that place gotten an A.

I've seen places looked clean and neat,they gotten an B.I've seen places look like a war zone somehow gotten an A.I think it's time for the health Dept need to check those food cart out in streets.

I've seen a few restaurants with "C" grades on the wall, one in the UES, and a couple in Chinatown. The restaurants that I see the most "Grade Pendings" or "C" grades according to the Health Inspection websites are Chinese and Japanese ones, especially the takeouts.

BTW, when you see a restaurant with a "Grade Pending" on the window, chance are it was about to get a "C," and the owner's appealing it.

There was one place by me that had a "Grade Pending" and ended up with an "A" grade. I do avoid establishments with a "C" grade, however.

Archived