Gunfire on Boardwalk Kills One and Injures 4

MattTrain

No one is talking about your "beloved" state, bro.

A long Islander , telling a New Jerseyite to be quiet....SMH....FYI i was born in New Yawk.... My state has less issues then yours and is at least addressing those issues....unlike NY...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how did we end up talking the demographics of CI/Brighton Beach and housing projects of that area? And back to topic what the status of the other who were injuried in this sad incident?:eek:

Well, one person injured was grazed by a bullet, so he's fine, I still don't know about the other person who was critically wounded and the other two are doing well

Urban Jersey is slowing demolishing the projects and replacing them with low Density Housing with Security which not only cuts down on the crime but it increases the Urban Renewal rate in the neighborhood. The NJ Gold Coast will have no Projects by 2025 , the Montgomery Projects will be demolished later this year and replaced with LDH. The same can be done in parts of NYC , more so in the outer boroughs by reusing old Industrial sites. But Unfortnatly this probably won't happen because unlike in Urban Jersey, there is great demand for land and the city hasn't reversed enough land for a project of this size. Another thing that could cut down on crime is a section 8 housing freeze , do we really need to build anymore units for lowlifes? Brighter lighting and more cameras along streets could probably help cut down on crime depending on the neighborhood.

That's very smart what NJ is doing. You can actually walk around now in the parts of Newark that were crime and drug ridden (and I'm of course excluding the Ironbound section which is decent overall). I've been to a few classical concerts over at the NJPAC in Downtown Newark and also to a Devils' game and the area is turning around, albeit slowly. I wasn't in Newark during the really terrible years, but as a guy from Brooklyn, my street smarts tell me to stay in the Downtown part and not to venture too far. Once while on my way to a classical concert at the NJPAC, I thought I knew my way to the PAC from Penn Station there in Newark, so I go walking and call myself taking a short cut and realize that I'm suddenly lost. :eek:

I see all of these folks looking at me like I'm a fish out of water (I was dressed with a suit & tie for the evening event) and I'm thinking sh*t I've got to get back to the immediate Downtown area. I could tell I was close, but I was moving further away from that Prudential building, which I like to use as a marker when I'm in that area. Luckily I spotted a cop and he guided me in the right direction. But yeah even in the immediate Downtown area you have to be careful because you still have the bums and seedy people and such lurking about, not that I can't hold my own, but why bother with unnecessary drama if you don't have to?

I think Staten Island has more or less tried to a degree to keep the projects in select areas, as there are none at all in the affluent parts of the South Shore. Most of them on the North Shore are in isolated areas overall, meaning not by really nice areas for the most part and the ones in Castleton Corners by Todt Hill seem to be closely monitored.

I think slowly things may change in some parts of Brooklyn as gentrification is taking place, but some areas will never change IMO.

Yeah, I'll have to give Cory Booker a one-up for his effort into cleaning up Newark. Hell, he's doing a lot better than some mayors, one on particular that we know of (who will remain nameless), and actually putting money to good use to get rid of degenerates and skells and not giving his city the hipster treatment by creating pedestrian plazas!

And how did we end up talking the demographics of CI/Brighton Beach and housing projects of that area? And back to topic what the status of the other who were injuried in this sad incident?:eek:

Who the f*ck died and left you in charge?

What the hell kinda response is that?! He only meant to put the damn thread back on track!

Jesus Christ, man!

Why, he's right. Shortline Bus a.k.a. Hudson River has a tendency for playing the role of a pseudo-mod, acting as if he's like forum police. Threads will always drift off from the original topic...at least the thread wasn't unruly.

What the hell kinda response is that?! He only meant to put the damn thread back on track!

Jesus Christ, man!

Who is he to tell everyone to "get back on topic"? Every time there is a thread that doesn't go the way he wants it to or people don't respond to one of this many threads, get gets an attitude. He's not a mod and the thread was going well until he decided it needed to get back on topic.

Who is he to tell everyone to "get back on topic"? Every time there is a thread that doesn't go the way he wants it to or people don't respond to one of this many threads, get gets an attitude. He's not a mod and the thread was going well until he decided it needed to get back on topic.

I don't see you screaming at other non mods when things go out of topic. I was asking a question on the most important thing the status of all of the victims. If you don't like it igorne me.

Why, he's right. Shortline Bus a.k.a. Hudson River has a tendency for playing the role of a pseudo-mod, acting as if he's like forum police. Threads will always drift off from the original topic...at least the thread wasn't unruly.

Aside from that, could you imagine how boring it would be having every thread stay on topic? I mean we're humans, not robots. It's natural for us to drift off here and there. Now back to the topic... :angry: LOL!

I don't see you screaming at other non mods when things go out of topic. I was asking a question on the most important thing the status of all of the victims. If you don't like it igorne me.

We'll IGORNE you as well....

Shut up with that trolling, for the love of God.

How am i trolling if the thread was of course any , or was it because i added Jersey in it....? All i have to say is Grow up....stop acting like Mr. Tough guy on certain threads...

How am i trolling if the thread was of course any , or was it because i added Jersey in it....? All i have to say is Grow up....stop acting like Mr. Tough guy on certain threads...

Nexis i got your back:cool:. Hey if the other guys can talk Brooklyn housing projects in CI, not related to the shootings, you can as well about the ones in NJ.

I don't give two shits about the damn projects, there's other underlying problems, this incident happened at the beach and NOT the projects as it stands.

Agreed Spectacular 100%:tup:. Yet two guys who can't stand me INDMan and LRG get mad that i tried to focus it back on the subject. They could have eaily created a new topic just on public housing.

Why they don't after you as well beats me.:confused:

I don't give two shits about the damn projects, there's other underlying problems, this incident happened at the beach and NOT the projects as it stands.

Guns are another problem....but don't tell that to the NRA , do we really need them for protection? If we get rid of all the guns then less crime will happen....we also need to address the lack of parenting in this region.... People are just having babies and moving on , not protecting them or raising them properly... Thus they become thugs and shoot ppl...:mad:

Ok Mr Leroy who is in love with an outdated R40 slant. I wish you the best in life and not losing over you not liking my comments. Later

Why did you use my first name? My handle is LRG and my handle is there for a reason, that's how you can address me, ok???

Guns are another problem....but don't tell that to the NRA , do we really need them for protection? If we get rid of all the guns then less crime will happen....we also need to address the lack of parenting in this region.... People are just having babies and moving on , not protecting them or raising them properly... Thus they become thugs and shoot ppl...:mad:

If anything, that's what everyone needs to look towards, poor parenting leads to this kind of thing, then there's bad influences which suck an innocent soul and twist it into something corrupt, drugs, dealing them for the dangerous promise of money.

If anything, that's what everyone needs to look towards, poor parenting leads to this kind of thing, then there's bad influences which suck an innocent soul and twist it into something corrupt, drugs, dealing them for the dangerous promise of money.

Very true. While not a gurantee, kids who are raised till age 18 in a 2-parent family(both the Mom and Dad are around their whole childhood)are far more likely to live a productive normal adult life than those from single-parent homes. It's not my view, it a proven fact.

Ok Leroy. Why you also did not get so who also stated the topic went we off topic?

How about this...who gives a flying f*** about whatever it is you are talking about??? You take this news shit way too seriously for me...and you weren't even the one who started the thread! I bet you're pissed of about that as well, huh?

Guess what, it's not that serious! You're not a moderator so don't go about telling us how we should behave and take part in the thread...none of us aren't trolling except yourself! We were having quite a fine discussion until you came along. Who the hell are you anyway??? Always something about you when it comes to sports, news, and a whole bunch other nonsense! Get over yourself!

Archived