Gunfire on Boardwalk Kills One and Injures 4

MattTrain

I don't see you screaming at other non mods when things go out of topic. I was asking a question on the most important thing the status of all of the victims. If you don't like it igorne me.

A few things homeboy,

1. I wasn't screaming since I didn't use all caps.

2. I do bitch at people who are not mods just like you.

3. I decided to direct this at you since it's been a while since I have done so.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey if the other guys can talk Brooklyn housing projects in CI, not related to the shootings, you can as well about the ones in NJ.

Well now wait a second...

You have a habit of tryna control what people post about... If multiple people are talking about a particular subject o/t, and you feel like you have nothin to add, you go (using your term) "shifting gears".... you do that with me A LOT..... and it don't necessarily be an on topic remark after you do so either.....

Nothin wrong with tryna steer a thread back on topic, but don't get after people for goin off topic when you yourself do it.... you act as if a particular thread is talkin about apples, and all of a sudden we start talking about octomom or somethin...

Look brah, all I gotta say is, As long as we aren't spamming, trolling, or flaming the piss out of each other, let w/e normal conversations that are ongoing in a thread, flow....

Encourage Activity.....

An update. The suspected gunmen in this incident has been caught.

19-year-old Brooklyn man arrested in Brighton Beach boardwalk shooting that left teen girl dead

BY Rocco Parascandola, Tori Ackerman, Henrick Karoliszyn, Lukas I. Alpert and Barry Paddock

NY DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Tuesday, June 14th 2011

"A gangbanger was busted Monday in a Boardwalk shooting that killed a 16-year-old girl and wounded four at Brighton Beach, police said.

But the arrest of Iloune Driver, 19, of East New York, Brooklyn, brought little comfort to the family of Tysha Jones, who was killed Thursday while hanging out with friends at the beach.

"I want to get justice," said the East Harlem girl's devastated mother, Cynthia Jones. "It isn't going to bring my child back. He took my baby's life."

The girl's older brother, Anthony, who traveled from North Carolina to console his mother, said he was anxious for Driver's day in court.

"I want to see him. I want to see his trial and all that," he said. "It ain't gonna look pretty for him."

Investigators closed in on Driver after he was identified by witnesses, sources said.

"It wasn't me, it wasn't me," Driver insisted to reporters as he was marched out of the 60th Precinct stationhouse Monday. He was wearing a Checkers fast-food restaurant uniform while professing his innocence.

Charged with murder and assault, Driver has nine prior arrests for offenses including those involving drugs, guns, robbery, graffiti and turnstile jumping."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/06/13/2011-06-13_19yearold_brooklyn_man_arrested_in_brighton_beach_boardwalk_shooting_that_left_t.html

Oh yes. The most famous public housing projects in America, the Carbrni-Green PJ's in Chicago was the backdrop of the hit 1970's TV series "Good Times." Now the majority of the pj's are going gone gone.:eek:

Cabrini-green!!!! if you think nyc projects were scary,try living in these projects.this place will give ex-cons nightmares.

:eek:

Cabrini-green!!!! if you think nyc projects were scary,try living in these projects.this place will give ex-cons nightmares.

:eek:

They just tore the last building down at Cabrini when I was in Chicago a few weeks ago. They really messed up by getting rid of the place since it kept the problem is one area. Now all the displaced residents got section 8 housing out in the suburbs which has created alot more problems.

Things were supposed to get better after we elected a black President, but things have become WORSE. NYC is starting to revert back to the 1970's.

How were things supposed to get better just by electing a black president?

When we elected a black Mayor this city went to sh1t and was at its worst ever, so by that logic electing a black president is going to make the country get worse than ever as we are seeing already happen.

I guess thats the CHANGE he was really talking about.

Crime can happen anywhere, there are criminals of every race, and no one race or neighborhood is less violent than another.

WRONG..Thats incorrect. We all know the ghettos have more crimes than the wealthy areas. Just look at east new york and bed stuy. In the 90s they had shootings everyday of the year and i think it was 1993 or 1994 there was atleast 1 murder per day that year so your "no one neighborhood is less violent than another" is bullsh1t.

They just tore the last building down at Cabrini when I was in Chicago a few weeks ago. They really messed up by getting rid of the place since it kept the problem is one area. Now all the displaced residents got section 8 housing out in the suburbs which has created alot more problems.

That problem can be controlled by reducing or eliminating Section 8 where possible.

Guns are another problem....but don't tell that to the NRA , do we really need them for protection? If we get rid of all the guns then less crime will happen....we also need to address the lack of parenting in this region.... People are just having babies and moving on , not protecting them or raising them properly... Thus they become thugs and shoot ppl...:mad:

Yeah right dude, criminals dont buy guns legally, they are using stolen guns. So dont even bring up the NRA.

You take away the publics right to own guns and then you have a public with NO guns, then when some ghetto thug or some whack job like the one who shot that lady in Arizona goes on a shooting spree no one has a gun to fight back until the police show up. We need guns as long as there are guns in the hands of thugs and criminals.

Yeah right dude, criminals dont buy guns legally, they are using stolen guns. So dont even bring up the NRA.

You take away the publics right to own guns and then you have a public with NO guns, then when some ghetto thug or some whack job like the one who shot that lady in Arizona goes on a shooting spree no one has a gun to fight back until the police show up. We need guns as long as there are guns in the hands of thugs and criminals.

I agree, I mean the criminals have everything and we have nothing. Law abiding citizens that have guns legally have been shown to be very responsible with them and do not use them recklessly.

I recall that, a while back there was an SI Advance article comparing gun ownership rates by zip code on Staten Island. The areas on the South Shore had more gun permits per 1,000 people, yet there are fewer crimes committed.

Here is the article: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/02/pistol-packing_island.html

I didn't think somebody was going to respond so quickly. I changed it.

LOL... There's a way to make your comments without posting them until you're ready to do so. I've noticed that sometimes you'll have multiple posts listed, but nothing written, so I usually don't reply. When I want to comment on multiple posts for example, I quote one post, type what I have to say and then hit the back button and reply to another quote and then paste the other quote under that one and then post everything. I still never got that whole multiple quote crap so that's how I do it. Some things on this forum are way too complicated and I would consider myself to be rather tech savvy, but that's for another time. :(

To get back to what you were saving, yeah you could look at Tottenville for example. It's the perfect place for the gun owner types, yet it has some of the lowest crime stats in the entire city. Very safe, as is most of Staten Island. :cool:

WRONG..Thats incorrect. We all know the ghettos have more crimes than the wealthy areas. Just look at east new york and bed stuy. In the 90s they had shootings everyday of the year and i think it was 1993 or 1994 there was atleast 1 murder per day that year so your "no one neighborhood is less violent than another" is bullsh1t.

Funny you mention that era because during the 1980s they had the JFK Express...I don't know if those who lived out in Howard Beach in Queens wanted to have any business with the subway or not, but if they did their best bet to bypass that part of Brooklyn was to take that train as it only made one stop in Brooklyn at Jay Street before it continued to Manhattan.

Funny you mention that era because during the 1980s they had the JFK Express...I don't know if those who lived out in Howard Beach in Queens wanted to have any business with the subway or not, but if they did their best bet to bypass that part of Brooklyn was to take that train as it only made one stop in Brooklyn at Jay Street before it continued to Manhattan.
Yes.The infamous (JFK) Express.They had a ticket collector and everything.Not to mention the premium fare of $3.50.

LOL... There's a way to make your comments without posting them until you're ready to do so. I've noticed that sometimes you'll have multiple posts listed, but nothing written, so I usually don't reply. When I want to comment on multiple posts for example, I quote one post, type what I have to say and then hit the back button and reply to another quote and then paste the other quote under that one and then post everything. I still never got that whole multiple quote crap so that's how I do it. Some things on this forum are way too complicated and I would consider myself to be rather tech savvy, but that's for another time. :(

To get back to what you were saving, yeah you could look at Tottenville for example. It's the perfect place for the gun owner types, yet it has some of the lowest crime stats in the entire city. Very safe, as is most of Staten Island. :cool:

I do that in case I get pulled off the computer for some reason. Sometimes I'm in a library with a time limit on the computer, or my brothers will suddenly need it, so it's better to have part of a post completed than none of it (it sort of keeps your train of thought if you put part of the post down)

It took me a while to figure out how to use the "multi-quote" feature, but I eventually got the hang of it. I was doing what you did for a while to get multiple quotes down.

In any case, if you think about it, somebody with a gun permit is less likely to commit a crime because that crime can be easily traced.

I do that in case I get pulled off the computer for some reason. Sometimes I'm in a library with a time limit on the computer, or my brothers will suddenly need it, so it's better to have part of a post completed than none of it (it sort of keeps your train of thought if you put part of the post down)

It took me a while to figure out how to use the "multi-quote" feature, but I eventually got the hang of it. I was doing what you did for a while to get multiple quotes down.

In any case, if you think about it, somebody with a gun permit is less likely to commit a crime because that crime can be easily traced.

LOL... I think it's funny that two relatively smart folks couldn't figure out how to use the multi-quote feature. It should be made simplier. If you ask me, I'd say we're not the only ones with this problem and I'm thinking a lot of folks don't know how to use the feature, hence why there are so many posts.

Regarding your comment about folks with a gun permit, I don't think that's the reason. I think it comes down to education and upbringing. They have an understanding of how guns should be used and more importantly, they have a respect for guns and what it can do.

you mean, the gun can be traced...

Still don't fully agree w/ that, though.... I mean, someone with a gun permit is less likely to commit a crime b/c that person has a (real) understanding of when (meaning, in what situation) that gun should be used {hunting purposes, inclusive}.... plz don't go all PETA on me w/ that last one... lol

"that nzzzzz was eyein my girl, son"... "duke bumped into me at the club"... "that nzzzz owed me money" aint reasons to cap somebody....

Archived