Question about this (2) train G/O to 148th

mark1447

Why is it that some Uptown (2) trains are ending at Lenox Terminal?

180th Street Rehab related?

Some Bronx-bound (2) trains are rerouted to the 148 St Station (3), the last stop

AM Rush Hours Mon to Fri, until Jul 29

Transfer at 135 St to continue your trip.

Having less (2) trains in the Bronx during the AM rush will mean sardine-can (2) trains for South Bronx and Wakefield riders as many more (5) express trains pass the local stops, unfortunately.
this will only last for a few weeks if that much they are just finishing up that area and they should be dont by mid july with all the work the way i see it

in the afternoon and midday hours both (5) and (2) trains come like sardines. there is no northbound (5) service so the slack is carried evenly northbound until 180th street and even more (5) trains are going to nereid to help out with the rider issue

Wow... Guess where I'm going to be Wednesday Morning! :P...

I could just imagine that there is some emergency & they had to pull out an R62 and run it on the (2)... :P.

But really, a R142 at 148th is a good photo op! :cool:.

Some T/O's may even change the program to a (3) but there is a program for the (2) to 148th St I believe.

Yes, there is, and I'm not sure if its actually going to 148 station itself or just turning in Lenox Yard (which is typically what happens when some sort of delay in the Bronx results in turned trains at Lenox). The last stop is usually 135th in those situations, and the trains doesnt go into the station but just into the yard so (3) service isnt disrupted.

Yes, there is, and I'm not sure if its actually going to 148 station itself or just turning in Lenox Yard (which is typically what happens when some sort of delay in the Bronx results in turned trains at Lenox). The last stop is usually 135th in those situations, and the trains doesnt go into the station but just into the yard so (3) service isnt disrupted.

Well it seems like it is, simply because of the wording: "...rerouted to the 148 St Station , the last stop"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived