2011 NFL Free Agency, Preseason, Regular Season and Playoffs thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant the Rams. Sorry.

No worries Andrew. I still call the ravens the old Baltimore colts myself.B)

By way packers last nite ('11 season opener)beat the saints in high scoring game. Even with loss New Orleans looks like a serious contender for the super bowl. This might a preview of the NFC Title game come January.:eek:

I look forward to seeing how the Colts perform against the Texans without Peyton Manning in action. Steelers vs Ravens should also be a great game. There is no such thing as an upset pick in that game. Week 1 is off to a bang. If the Giants don't beat the Redskins this could be start of another non- playoff season.

Off Topic but have to say this. What a bad job also by the NFL schedule makers which of course are heavily controlled by the league's tv partners. Why can't the Jets/Giants not playing each other on Sunday Night the 10th anniversary of 9/11?

What makes it more of a shame is that the Jets/Giants game played every 3-4years is scheduled on say Christmas Eve? Bad enough when the 'new" Meadowlands Stadium now known as "Met Life" Stadium opened, the Jets and Giants could not play each other. The NFL seems not to like having intercity/interstate rivals i.e Chiefs/Rams, Rams/Steelers, etc. on national prime time games i.e NBC & ESPN unless they are in the same division.

Yet in other leagues for instance in MLB when the Mets/Yanks play a subway series game, Fox, Turner and ESPN get among their highest rated audiences of the baseball regular season.

Jets/Cowboys deserve a prime time exposure but later in the season.

Instead, the NFL IMO should have had the Jets/Giants on NBC's Sunday Night and have the Cowboys play the Redskins in DC at FedEX Field for Sunday 9/11games.

While the NFL is hugely sucessful and is among the world's most profitable sports league(Only the English Priemer Soccer League comes close my friends :eek:)still a Jets/Giants would have meant alot to NYC/NJ sports fans. And yes NFL fans across America would have watched. So reactions to my comments?:confused:

Green Bay Packers over New Orleans Saints- Right

Atlanta Falcons over Chicago Bears- Wrong

Cleveland Browns over Cincinnati Bengals- Wrong

Kansas City Chiefs over Buffalo Bills- Wrong

Philadelphia Eagles over St. Louis Rams- Right

Detroit Lions over Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Right

Tennessee Titans over Jacksonville Jaguars- Wrong

Pittsburgh Steelers over Baltimore Ravens (Upset Pick 1)- Wrong

Houston Texans over Indianapolis Colts- RIGHT AND BY A MOTHER****ING MILE

Carolina Panthers over Arizona Cardinals (Upset Pick 2)- CAM NEWTON ----> #BO$$ WRONG ;)

San Diego Chargers over Minnesota Vikings- Right. Watch McNabb get his ass handed to him by Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews, and Ndamukong Suh.

San Francisco 49ers over Seattle Seahawks- Right

New York Giants over Washington Redskins- facepalm.gif WRONG

New York Jets over Dallas Cowboys- LOL at Tony Romo. I've seen more clutch performances Lebron than from this fail. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New England Patriots over Miami Dolphins

Denver Broncos over Oakland Raiders

9-7 on my picks last week.

1) OAK @ BUF ----> BUF

2) KC @ DET ----> DET

3) BAL @ TEN ----> BAL

4) CLE @ IND ----> IND

5) TB @ MIN -----> TB

6) CHI @ NO ----> NO

7) JAC @ NYJ -----> NYJ

8) SEA @ PIT ----> PIT

9) ARI @ WSH ----> ARI

10) GB @ CAR -----> GB

11) DAL @ SF ----> DAL

12) CIN @ DEN ----> DEN

13) HOU @ MIA ----> HOU

14) SD @ NE ----> NE

15) PHI @ ATL ----> ATL

16) STL @ NYG ----> NYG

Despite a couple of early interceptions by Mark Sanchez the Jets put on an impressive show at home by blowing out the Jaguars. 2 down, 14 to go for the Jets! Next up is the Oakland Raiders who have been playing well in the early going. I say the Monday Night game tomorrow is a must win for the Giants.

Despite a couple of early interceptions by Mark Sanchez the Jets put on an impressive show at home by blowing out the Jaguars. 2 down, 14 to go for the Jets! Next up is the Oakland Raiders who have been playing well in the early going. I say the Monday Night game tomorrow is a must win for the Giants.

Besides "Gang Green' the other winners in the 1pm (ET)early games of week decue.

Bills, Saints, Titans, Lions, Browns, Bucs, Redskins and Steelers.:eek:

Besides "Gang Green' the other winners in the 1pm (ET)early games of week decue.

Bills, Saints, Titans, Lions, Browns, Bucs, Redskins and Steelers.:eek:

The Packers also won their 1pm game against the Panthers 30-23. Rookie QB Cam Newton threw for 400 yards again to no avail. 4pm winners include the Patriots (35-21 over the Chargers), Cowboys (27-24 OT over the 49ers), Texans (23-13 over the Dolphins) and the Broncos (24-22 over the Bengals). The big news in the primetime game is of course Vick's injury.

9-7 on my picks last week.

1) OAK @ BUF ----> BUF

2) KC @ DET ----> DET

3) BAL @ TEN ----> BAL

4) CLE @ IND ----> IND

5) TB @ MIN -----> TB

6) CHI @ NO ----> NO

7) JAC @ NYJ -----> NYJ

8) SEA @ PIT ----> PIT

9) ARI @ WSH ----> ARI

10) GB @ CAR -----> GB

11) DAL @ SF ----> DAL

12) CIN @ DEN ----> DEN

13) HOU @ MIA ----> HOU

14) SD @ NE ----> NE

15) PHI @ ATL ----> ATL

16) STL @ NYG ----> NYG

13-3 :P :tup: :cool:

Any word of the status of Micheal Vick and Tony Romo? Both QB's are listed as 'doubtful/questionable' for their games on Sunday after they both got head injuries/concussions. This is huge as both the Eagles and Cowboys were heavy pre season picks for getting playoff berths.

IMO any player who gets a concussion should be barred from playing the following game period for his safety. reactions?

R68 Subway Car's NFL Picks for Week #3:

1) New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills: I think that the Bills will not have the defense to beat Brady. Pick: New England Patriots

2) San Francisco 49ers @ Cincinnati Bengals: I think that 49ers Pass Rush will get to Andy Dalton. Pick: San Francisco 49ers

3) Miami Dolphins @ Cleveland Browns: I like McCoy's mobility and I really cannot trust that Miami offense. Pick: Cleveland Browns

4) Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans: I think the Titans lock this one up. That Denver defense sucks and I think the Titans will wipe them out. Pick: Tennessee Titans

5) Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings: Matthew Stafford will rape the Vikings Defense and I believe that McNabb will get destroyed by Suh. The Lions have this locked up. Pick: Detroit Lions

6) Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints: The Texans defense will be exposed by a much better QB in Brees. Brees is no Collins or Henne. Pick: New Orleans Saints

7) New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles: The Giants are a ******* mess. The whole Giant team better fake injuries on Sunday because the Eagles will wipe them out. Pick: Philadelphia Eagles

8) Jacksonville Jaguars @ Carolina Panthers: The Jaguars have QB problems and Cam Newton is a BO$$. Pick: Carolina Panthers

9) New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders: The Raiders are a running team and Rex has proven that he can kill the run. I got the J!-E!-T!-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! to win a close game. Pick: New York Jets

10) Baltimore Ravens @ St. Louis Rams: The Baltimore Ravens have a great offense and defense and the Rams have proven that they can shoot themselves in the foot. Pick: Baltimore Ravens

11) Kansas City Chiefs @ San Diego Chargers: The Chiefs are dead. No Jamaal Charles. No defense. San Diego has this locked up. Pick: San Diego Chargers

12) Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears: The Packers have an incredible QB and defense. They will beat down a Bears team will an awful offensive line. Pick: Green Bay Packers

13) Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks suck. Arizona actually has a useful QB. Arizona will rape them. Pick: Arizona Cardinals

14) Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I think that Matt Ryan will win with his various weapons. Pick: Atlanta Falcons

15) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts: If Indianapolis wins, it will be the upset of the century. Kerry Collins has been God-awful. He only gets 5.9 yards per pass attempt. Also, the Colts have a terrible defense. Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

16) Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys: I think Rob Ryan will put pressure on Grossman and the Cowboys will win. Pick: Dallas Cowboys

I have decided to also add my four picks for guaranteed wins every weeks. I will call them my Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks (taken from Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio):

R68 Subway Car's Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks for NFL Week #3:

Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions

Where were you on September 23, 2001, when Drew Bledsoe was knocked out of this game?

In case you are wondering why this is important, Bledsoe was replaced by this man......

tom_brady-648.jpg

Very good Andrew. IMO Mr. Brady is this era's version of Joe Montana a low draft pick with little expections that became an immortal Hall of Famer QB.:eek:

1) New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills: I think that the Bills will not have the defense to beat Brady. Pick: New England Patriots

2) San Francisco 49ers @ Cincinnati Bengals: I think that 49ers Pass Rush will get to Andy Dalton. Pick: San Francisco 49ers

3) Miami Dolphins @ Cleveland Browns: I like McCoy's mobility and I really cannot trust that Miami offense. Pick: Cleveland Browns

4) Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans: I think the Titans lock this one up. That Denver defense sucks and I think the Titans will wipe them out. Pick: Tennessee Titans

5) Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings: Matthew Stafford will rape the Vikings Defense and I believe that McNabb will get destroyed by Suh. The Lions have this locked up. Pick: Detroit Lions

6) Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints: The Texans defense will be exposed by a much better QB in Brees. Brees is no Collins or Henne. Pick: New Orleans Saints

7) New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles: The Giants are a ******* mess. The whole Giant team better fake injuries on Sunday because the Eagles will wipe them out. Pick: Philadelphia Eagles

8) Jacksonville Jaguars @ Carolina Panthers: The Jaguars have QB problems and Cam Newton is a BO$$. Pick: Carolina Panthers

9) New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders: The Raiders are a running team and Rex has proven that he can kill the run. I got the J!-E!-T!-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! to win a close game. Pick: New York Jets

10) Baltimore Ravens @ St. Louis Rams: The Baltimore Ravens have a great offense and defense and the Rams have proven that they can shoot themselves in the foot. Pick: Baltimore Ravens

11) Kansas City Chiefs @ San Diego Chargers: The Chiefs are dead. No Jamaal Charles. No defense. San Diego has this locked up. Pick: San Diego Chargers

12) Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears: The Packers have an incredible QB and defense. They will beat down a Bears team will an awful offensive line. Pick: Green Bay Packers

13) Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks suck. Arizona actually has a useful QB. Arizona will rape them. Pick: Arizona Cardinals

14) Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I think that Matt Ryan will win with his various weapons. Pick: Atlanta Falcons

15) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts: If Indianapolis wins, it will be the upset of the century. Kerry Collins has been God-awful. He only gets 5.9 yards per pass attempt. Also, the Colts have a terrible defense. Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

16) Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys: I think Rob Ryan will put pressure on Grossman and the Cowboys will win. Pick: Dallas Cowboys

I have decided to also add my four picks for guaranteed wins every weeks. I will call them my Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks (taken from Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio):

I agree with most of these picks but I give the Colts a chance at home. Pittsburgh is very turnover prone (look at Week 1) and the Colts have a decent home game somewhere in them. I believe Washington will win in Dallas. Romo will get abused with his broken rib and punctured lung.

I agree with most of these picks but I give the Colts a chance at home. Pittsburgh is very turnover prone (look at Week 1) and the Colts have a decent home game somewhere in them. I believe Washington will win in Dallas. Romo will get abused with his broken rib and punctured lung.

Romo is playing say what? :eek::confused:

I am not a Cowboys fan but with him recovering from those injuries and also a concussion, he should be benched period for his health. No doubt Jerry Jones, the Cowboys mr everything i.e Owner/GM/Coach (sorry Jason Garret you really the 'Co-Coach' but that another discussion pulling his weight to have Romo play. And one more hit to the QB and the Cowboys playoff chances go down with him. IMO Romo should have sit this game vs the Skins and play next week.

Guess what? The Buffalo Bills are 3-0 after defeating the New England Patriots today. This is ought to be the biggest surprise of the NFL season so far.

Actually i would also add the Lions as well. Remember it was only 3 years ago in 2008, that the Motown team became the butt of jokes as 1st NFL team to go 0-16.

Other 1pm(ET)match winners.

Panthers, 49ers, Browns, Saints, Titans and closer to home the NY Football Giants.:eek:

11-5. I went 2-2 on my locks.

R68 Subway Car's NFL Picks for Week #4 (Picks Underlined):

1) Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears: I think that the Bears D will get to Newton, but I may be wrong.

2) Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals: LOL at the Bengals.

3) Tennessee Titans at Cleveland Browns: I think the Titans win a close one.

4) Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys: 4-0. Lock it up.

5) Minnesota Vikings at Kansas City Chiefs: If that terrible Chiefs team wins, it is a miracle.

6) Washington Redskins at St. Louis Rams: NFC West sucks, so this is a lock.

7) San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Vick will go dog killing in Philly.

8) New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars: Saints got a better QB.

9) Pittsburgh Steelers at Houston Texans: The Steelers are barely eeking out wins. I am not impressed by wins against the two of worst teams in football. Houston will rape them.

10) New York Giants at Arizona Cardinals: This is the trap game of the century.

11) Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks: LOL at the Seahawks.

12) Denver Broncos at Green Bay Packers: Go PACK!

13) New England Patriots at Oakland Raiders: Pats will kick ass at the Coliseum tomorrow.

14) Miami Dolphins at San Diego Chargers: You better picture Tony Sparano fired.

15) New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens: If the Jets beat that Ravens D, it will be a miracle. I pray to God I am wrong.

16) Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Colts are a disaster.

Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks:

San Diego Chargers, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles

Archived