2011 NFL Free Agency, Preseason, Regular Season and Playoffs thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

R68 Subway Car's NFL Picks for Week #4 (Picks Underlined):

1) Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears: I think that the Bears D will get to Newton, but I may be wrong.

2) Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals: LOL at the Bengals.

3) Tennessee Titans at Cleveland Browns: I think the Titans win a close one.

4) Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys: 4-0. Lock it up.

5) Minnesota Vikings at Kansas City Chiefs: If that terrible Chiefs team wins, it is a miracle.

6) Washington Redskins at St. Louis Rams: NFC West sucks, so this is a lock.

7) Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers: Michael Vick will go dog killing at Candlestick.

8) New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars: Saints got a better QB.

9) Pittsburgh Steelers at Houston Texans: The Steelers are barely eeking out wins. I am not impressed by wins against the two of worst teams in football. Houston will rape them.

10) New York Giants at Arizona Cardinals: This is the trap game of the century.

11) Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks: LOL at the Seahawks.

12) Denver Broncos at Green Bay Packers: Go PACK!

13) New England Patriots at Oakland Raiders: Pats will kick ass at the Coliseum tomorrow.

14) Miami Dolphins at San Diego Chargers: You better picture Tony Sparano fired.

15) New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens: If the Jets beat that Ravens D, it will be a miracle. I pray to God I am wrong.

16) Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Colts are a disaster.

Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks:

San Diego Chargers, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles

The Chiefs have a chance at home against a WINLESS Vikings team. In fact this is a must win if the Chiefs want to avoid a 3-13 or worse season. Miami is already out of the AFC East race being 3 games behind Buffalo, who we all know isn't making the playoffs, San Diego needs to blow those bums out. New England will fall victim to the trap at Oakland, their defense flat out sucks. The only game that's a toss up in my mind is the Jets-Ravens game. Who would of thought that Buffalo and Detroit could be 4-0 after Sunday?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Eagles will be at home against the Niners. Note: the Niners and Raiders can't be at home or playing at the same time.

True. They both SF/Oakland Bay area teams. Same thing with the NYC/NJ NFL teams. There was an rare time i think early last season (fall 2010)the Jets and Giants played at same time vs. different clubs because of the Jewish Holy Days.

The game of the day has to be the Detriot comeback against Dallas. Romo and company manage to give up a 27-3 second half lead and fall to 2-2. The Giants and Redskins are tied for first in the NFC East at 3-1. The 49ers would have to fall off the planet to lose the NFC West with their 3-1 record and the awful opponents they will face. For the most part all of the games were close today on a great day for football. I want to see the Lions vs Packers games on Primetime as both teams are undefeated at this point.

True. They both SF/Oakland Bay area teams. Same thing with the NYC/NJ NFL teams. There was an rare time i think early last season (fall 2010)the Jets and Giants played at same time vs. different clubs because of the Jewish Holy Days.

That was 2 years ago: the Jets hosted the Titans while the Giants were in Tampa Bay. Also 5 weeks later, they played at the same time because the Giants-Eagles game got moved up because of World Series Game 4.

The game of the day has to be the Detriot comeback against Dallas. Romo and company manage to give up a 27-3 second half lead and fall to 2-2. The Giants and Redskins are tied for first in the NFC East at 3-1. The 49ers would have to fall off the planet to lose the NFC West with their 3-1 record and the awful opponents they will face. For the most part all of the games were close today on a great day for football. I want to see the Lions vs Packers games on Primetime as both teams are undefeated at this point.

The Eagles also gave up a huge lead. They were up 23-3 early, but allowed 21 unanswered points to lose 24-23. Alex Henery missed 2 field goals and the Eagles D could not tackle at all! The Phillies also blew a early lead too.

They do, but they share the same television market. If one team is home, you can't get another NFL game on the other network. (i.e. this last Sunday, the Eagles were home against the Niners on FOX. Despite CBS having the doubleheader, Philly was blacked out of the early CBS game, because the Eagles were home at the same time).

They do, but they share the same television market. If one team is home, you can't get another NFL game on the other network. (i.e. this last Sunday, the Eagles were home against the Niners on FOX. Despite CBS having the doubleheader, Philly was blacked out of the early CBS game, because the Eagles were home at the same time).

Right now in 2011, only the Northern Calif. Bay area (raiders, 49ers) and metro NYC/Northern NJ and fairfield county, ct. or 75 miles of the region's stadium is considered the 'home' market.

R68 Subway Car's NFL Picks for Week 5:

1) Philadelphia Eagles vs. Buffalo Bills: Buffalo Bills

2) Kansas City Chiefs vs. Indianapolis Colts: Indianapolis Colts

3) Arizona Cardinals vs. Minnesota Vikings: Arizona Cardinals

4) Seattle Seahawks vs. New York Giants: New York Giants

5) Tennessee Titans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tennessee Titans

6) New Orleans Saints vs. Carolina Panthers: New Orleans Saints

7) Cincinnati Bengals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Cincinnati Bengals

8) Oakland Raiders vs. Houston Texans: Houston Texans

9) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. San Francisco 49ers: San Francisco 49ers

10) San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos: San Diego Chargers

11) New York Jets vs. New England Patriots: New England Patriots

12) Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons: Green Bay Packers

13) Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions: Detroit Lions

R68 Subway Car's Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks:

1) New York Giants

2) New Orleans Saints

3) Cincinnati Bengals

4) San Diego Chargers

With a 30-21 win over the New York Jets, the New England Patriots have now scored 30 or more points in 13 straight regular season games which is the 2nd longest streak in NFL history. What will it take to stop that offense?

The Eagles lose 31-24 to the Bills to drop their record to 1-4. The "Dream Team" is looking like a nightmare right now and the Bills who lead the league with 16 takeaways have improved to a surprising 4-1. They face the Giants next week who are 3-2 following a disappointing 36-25 home loss to the Seahawks.

Tim Tebow saw action in the 2nd half of a 29-24 Broncos loss against the San Diego Chargers. With Tebow in there Denver almost rallied from a 26-10 deficit and got the fans excited.

The Packers are still undefeated after beating the Falcons 25-14 on the road in primetime. The defending champs are on a roll right now and it looks like only Detroit has what it takes to stop them.

With a 30-21 win over the New York Jets, the New England Patriots have now scored 30 or more points in 13 straight regular season games which is the 2nd longest streak in NFL history. What will it take to stop that offense?

The Eagles lose 31-24 to the Bills to drop their record to 1-4. The "Dream Team" is looking like a nightmare right now and the Bills who lead the league with 16 takeaways have improved to a surprising 4-1. They face the Giants next week who are 3-2 following a disappointing 36-25 home loss to the Seahawks.

Tim Tebow saw action in the 2nd half of a 29-24 Broncos loss against the San Diego Chargers. With Tebow in there Denver almost rallied from a 26-10 deficit and got the fans excited.

The Packers are still undefeated after beating the Falcons 25-14 on the road in primetime. The defending champs are on a roll right now and it looks like only Detroit has what it takes to stop them.

JW i am not surprised that the Lions have improved. I picked them as my surprise aka sleeper team that could make the playoffs as a wild card if they stay healthy. Just amazing that only 3 years ago in the 2008 season, the Cats did not win a game and became 1st 0-16 team in NFL history.

On other hand I am surprised about the Buffalo Bills. It's still early but Buffalo could be the biggest shocker for a last place to make the playoffs in at least several years.

While no doubt the biggest disapointments so far are the Eagles and Jets. Still early in the '11-'12 NFL season so stay tuned.

JW i am not surprised that the Lions have improved. I picked them as my surprise aka sleeper team that could make the playoffs as a wild card if they stay healthy. Just amazing that only 3 years ago in the 2008 season, the Cats did not win a game and became 1st 0-16 team in NFL history.

On other hand I am surprised about the Buffalo Bills. It's still early but Buffalo could be the biggest shocker for a last place to make the playoffs in at least several years.

While no doubt the biggest disapointments so far are the Eagles and Jets. Still early in the '11-'12 NFL season so stay tuned.

R68 Subway Car's NFL Picks for Week VI

1) Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are not performing great offensively and they are just eeking out wins. I will take the Panthers. Pick: Carolina Panthers

2) Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals: The Colts are just terrible on offense and defense and are getting smoked on the football field. There is no way the Bengals can blow this game. Pick: Cincinnati Bengals

3) San Francisco 49ers vs. Detroit Lions: That combination of Suh, Megatron and Stafford will win multiple championships. Pick: Detroit Lions

4) St. Louis Rams vs. Green Bay Packers: I will not even say one word about St. Louis. They are a joke. Green Bay is perhaps the best team in football with perhaps the best QB in football. Pick: Green Bay Packers

5) Buffalo Bills vs. New York Giants: The Giants blew it last week against a horrible Seahawks team and will have hard time attacking this Bills offense. Pick: Buffalo Bills

6) Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: I will pick the Steelers and their defense to crush the worst offense in all of football. Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

7) Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins: I will pick the Washington Redskins. I am slowly but surely losing confidence in the Eagles to win. Pick: Washington Redskins

8) Cleveland Browns vs. Oakland Raiders: Last weeks' win after by the Raiders after Al Davis' death impressed me so much. I think they are statistically the better team in this match-up. Pick: Oakland Raiders

9) Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens: That Ravens defense can kick some butt. I think they will do so this week against that Houston offense. Pick: Baltimore Ravens

10) Dallas Cowboys @ New England Patriots: Tom Brady is likely to make smarter decisions than Tony Romo. Pick: New England Patriots

11) New Orleans Saints vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I think that the Bucs have gotten way too lucky lately. I think that their luck will run out against that Saints offense. Pick: New Orleans Saints

12) Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears: I think the Bears offensive line will come back to bite them again. I think Vikings defense will take advantage of it. It is safe to say that the Bears will not make the playoffs this year. Pick: Minnesota Vikings

13) Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets: This is a must win game for the Jets. They are facing a Dolphins team that will Suck for Luck. Pick: New York Jets

R68 Subway Car's Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks for NFL Week VI

1) Pittsburgh Steelers

2) Green Bay Packers

3) New York Jets

4) Cincinnati Bengals

Overall Record: 54-23

Last Week: 8-5

Watching portion all of the 1pm (ET) games. As of this writing Bills tie the Giants 24-24 mid in the 4th period. While the Redskins having a chance to basically end the Eagles season about to lose to Philly.

Thus Micheal Vick and his club maybe more dangerous after their 1-3 start.

So look out for the Birds.

Meanwhile the Packers are kicking butt over the Rams. For now, IMO if Rodgers, and his key teammates, stays healthythey will repeat for 2nd straight super bowl ring. So far a month into the season, only the Saints is the only threat to dethrone Green Bay. The rest of the league is stuck in parity with a few descent to many horrible teams.

In a way i miss the 1980's and '90's when the NFL had 26 teams and depth league wide was so much better. In 2011 NFL, if a good QB or key defensive player such as Revis or Polamalu, goes down to injury on your team, more than likely they will not make the post season.

Now it's turned into part-WWE/"Access Hollywood" with these twitter/facebook pre-game 'promotions' started of course by "TO" 'Cinco'(or whatever he called the se days)etc for the "Jersey Shore" crowd who probably only won't appreciate a old school NFL player like Butkus, Walter Payton, etc.

In other words the pre-game hype is more inportant in media these days, than the games themselves.:eek:

I guess showing my age as the old man on the boards here lol at age 39 growing up in the 1980's.

Giants just beat the Bills 27-24. This was 1st time, this season i saw alot of Buffalo. Overall they improved with a very good defense and offensive line. However Bills QB Fitzpatrick will also improved does not impress me.

Of the '2' suprise teams a month into the '11 season, Buffalo or Motown, no doubt IMO the Lions are 'for real' and a legit playoff contender.

Watching portion all of the 1pm (ET) games. As of this writing Bills tie the Giants 24-24 mid in the 4th period. While the Redskins having a chance to basically end the Eagles season about to lose to Philly.

Thus Micheal Vick and his club maybe more dangerous after their 1-3 start.

So look out for the Birds.

Meanwhile the Packers are kicking butt over the Rams. For now, IMO if Rodgers, and his key teammates, stays healthythey will repeat for 2nd straight super bowl ring. So far a month into the season, only the Saints is the only threat to dethrone Green Bay. The rest of the league is stuck in parity with a few descent to many horrible teams.

In a way i miss the 1980's and '90's when the NFL had 26 teams and depth league wide was so much better. In 2011 NFL, if a good QB or key defensive player such as Revis or Polamalu, goes down to injury on your team, more than likely they will not make the post season.

Now it's turned into part-WWE/"Access Hollywood" with these twitter/facebook pre-game 'promotions' started of course by "TO" 'Cinco'(or whatever he called the se days)etc for the "Jersey Shore" crowd who probably only won't appreciate a old school NFL player like Butkus, Walter Payton, etc.

In other words the pre-game hype is more inportant in media these days, than the games themselves.:eek:

I guess showing my age as the old man on the boards here lol at age 39 growing up in the 1980's.

The Detroit Lions lose their first game of the season at home to the 49ers 25-19. The Lions magic carpet run of 9 straight wins dating back to last year has now ended and the 49ers are now 5-1 on the season. We know who's winning the NFC West. In other NFL news, the Packers stay undefeated, the Bucs beat the Saints to take over the NFC South lead and Baltimore looks strong again beating the Texans 29-14.

Archived