2011 NFL Free Agency, Preseason, Regular Season and Playoffs thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO @ the interview! I love the Jets man, between this dude, Bart Scott and Rex....

Also the Jets won today, Buress had a TD catch and Revis got a INT. :cool:

The Giants play Miami next weekend which should be a lock win and the week after that NE, if that's a FOX game then we would most likely get Buck - Aikman as the announcers. :P

If its a CBS game, then we get to hear that awesome theme song the NFL on CBS has... watching a NY team, Steelers or Ravens play the pats on CBS is the GOAT!

The Jets improve to 4-0 at home with a 27-21 win over the Chargers. The Lions lose their 2nd consecutive home game against the Falcons 23-16. Tim Tebow leads the Broncos to a come from behind victory on the road in his first start, beating the Dolphins 18-15 in OT. The Miami Dolphins remain winless on the season and have a tough one on the road against the Giants next week. Rookie RB DeMarco Murray sets the Cowboys rushing record with 253 yards as Dallas assaults the Rams. If you want to see good defense and/or pathetic offense, the Seahawks and Browns put on a display as the Browns won 6-3 at home. Arian Foster put on an impressive effort by running and receiving for over 115 yards with 3 total TD as the Texans blow out the Titans 41-7.

LMAO @ the interview! I love the Jets man, between this dude, Bart Scott and Rex....

Also the Jets won today, Buress had a TD catch and Revis got a INT. :cool:

The Giants play Miami next weekend which should be a lock win and the week after that NE, if that's a FOX game then we would most likely get Buck - Aikman as the announcers. :P

If its a CBS game, then we get to hear that awesome theme song the NFL on CBS has... watching a NY team, Steelers or Ravens play the pats on CBS is the GOAT!

Dolphins-Giants is on CBS and will be announced by Greg Gumbel and Dan Diedorf.

Giants-Patriots is on FOX and will most likely be announced by Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

For interconfrence games, always look at the road team.

Not much of a football fan, but I noticed that the Indiannapolis Colts lost to the New Orleans Saints 62 to 7!!! I was looking at some articles, and apparently the Saints set a franchise record in points and win margin, while tying a modern day NFL record. I also know that the Colts are without Peyton Manning and are now 0 - 7. Does his loss really mean that much?

Not much of a football fan, but I noticed that the Indiannapolis Colts lost to the New Orleans Saints 62 to 7!!! I was looking at some articles, and apparently the Saints set a franchise record in points and win margin, while tying a modern day NFL record. I also know that the Colts are without Peyton Manning and are now 0 - 7. Does his loss really mean that much?

YES. Just think in baseball if a franchise player was out for the season. Something like losing Pujols, CC, etc. So Peyton is that important to the Colts.

Last night (Sat. 10/29/11)I was watching college football. Mainly I spent couple of hours watching the Stanford-USC game. It was the first time I watched Stanford QB Andrew Luck for extended period. As most of you on the boards know, college football is the only major American sport i can't stand.

Stanford won the game in triple OT(I dislike College football extra time rules but that for another discussion)but i came away very impressed with Luck.

In last minute of regulation he does a Elway/Brady type drive to force OT.

With all that pressure not every QB can perform that.

So in nutshell, I now understand why so many NFL teams want him. If he stays healthy Luck will be the next superstar QB in the NFL. ESPN and so many outlets overhype so many all american QB's these days as the next great NFL star. However after watching that game vs USC, I am now a believer in Luck being the next great NFL Quaterback.:eek:

The upset of the day involves the Rams getting their first win of the season aganist the Rams 31-21. The Vikings improve to 2-6 by beating the Panthers 24-21. The Colts remain winless losing 27-10 to the Titans.

I am sure the sports gods who gift wrapped the Cards the 2011 world series must have decided to spread their love and help the Rams surprise the Saints as well. The partying i am sure in St Louis has yet to end LMAO.:P

Also a bit of the Giants game. Big Blue was very lucky they did not occur an even bigger upset if they lost to the winless Fish.

As we hit the midway mark of the 2011 season, some intresting games this weekend. The Jets visit Western NY state to play the Bills. While the Giants visit Foxboro to play the Pats in their first matchup since the historic super bowl in Feb. 2008.

While the Ravens and Steelers met in their usual battle for first place in the AFC North on Sunday Night.

Meanwhile the Fish and Colts are playing embrassing ball in the "Andrew Luck" sweepsteaks to get the #1 pick in the 2012 draft? Luck is maybe the most sought after college QB prospect in NFL History. Should the NFL adopt a NHL/NBA lottery for situations like this?

This NFL update is presented by Hyundai. Get your own 2012 Hyundai Sonanta with America's best extended warranty. And be the coolest person on your block with great gas mileage lol.:eek::P

The results of the early 1pm games are in. Jets win in Buffalo today 27-11 playing their best overall game of the season. This is important win for Gang Green for later in season regarding tiebreakers for a playoff spot. All of sudden the Bills which surprised the sports world with their great start are now coming back to earth.

Meanwhile in maybe the biggest upset of the season the Dolphins win their 1st game of the season beating the KC Chiefs in KC 31-3. Many felt the Fish were the favorites to win the infamous Luck Sweepsteaks for the #1 pick in the 2012 draft.

Other winners in the early games this sunday were the 49ers, Saints, Falcons, Cowboys and Texans.

Great win by the Giants.... Eli on that last drive.... just wow, this is the best era in NYC Football in quite some time... Jets Doing good.... Giants doing good.... I'm lovin' it! A Jets - Giants SB is a realistic possibility! :cool:

I'm not to fond that the Jets & Giants have to play against one another later this year in a Regular season game, sucks at least one of these teams will have another L.

My body is ready for those Packers, man if the G men end their undefeated streak that would be GOAT!

Also, Rex giving one of his players the flying bump = Awesome, How can people hate this man?

Great win by the Giants.... Eli on that last drive.... just wow, this is the best era in NYC Football in quite some time... Jets Doing good.... Giants doing good.... I'm lovin' it! A Jets - Giants SB is a realistic possibility! :cool:

I'm not to fond that the Jets & Giants have to play against one another later this year in a Regular season game, sucks at least one of these teams will have another L.

My body is ready for those Packers, man if the G men end their undefeated streak that would be GOAT!

Also, Rex giving one of his players the flying bump = Awesome, How can people hate this man?

I still think the Packers at least return to the super bowl from the NFC. Besides GB, the only other teams right now that could be playing in Indy for the NFC are in no order the Giants, Saints, Eagles and 49ers.

The AFC is wide open and harder right now to pick. The Pats will make the playoffs but i don't think they make the super bowl with their now crappy defense.:confused:

Sunday's action ended with the Ravens beating Pittsburgh on the road 23-20. Baltimore gains a critical series sweep and tiebreaker come playoff seeding time. Cincinatti, another surprise team, is the closest competition to the Ravens right now as far as the AFC North is concerned. The last game of the week is tonight between the Bears and Eagles.

Week 10 Preview: Great games include

Lions (6-2) vs Bears (5-3) or (4-4) 4:15 FOX

Giants (6-2) vs 49ers (7-1) 4:15 FOX

Raiders (4-4) vs Chargers (4-4) Thursday 8:30 NFL Network

Patriots (5-3) vs Jets (5-3) 8:20 NBC

We are heading down the stretch here in the 2011 NFL Season. These games are VERY important for playoff spots and positioning. The Oakland Raiders claimed the AFC West lead by beating the Chargers on the road 24-17 Thursday. The rest of Week 10 action takes place tomorrow and Monday.

Feel free to offer predictions or opinions on Tomorrow's action

Currently on Sunday Night Football, the New England Patriots lead the New York Jets 37-16 in the fourth quarter.

The biggest surprise team of the 2011 season is the San Francisco 49ers. They improve their record to 8-1 with a 27-20 home win against the New York Giants. This team is running away with the NFC West and could be in the discussion for a first-round bye come playoff time.

The Chicago Bears are all of a sudden playing like the NFC North champs from last season. They improve their record to 6-3 by beating the Detroit Lions 37-13. The only team standing between Chicago and great playoff positioning is the undefeated Green Bay Packers.

In other action the New Orleans Saints defeat the Atlanta Falcons in an overtime thriller 26-23 giving 'Who Dat Nation' control of their own destiny in the NFC South, the Miami Dolphins get their second win of the season against the Washington Redskins 20-9 dropping the Skins further back in the NFC East standings, the Buffalo Bills get their butts kicked on the road 44-7 against the Dallas Cowboys, the Houston Texans get a big win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on the road 37-9, the Baltimore Ravens lose a trap game at Seattle 22-17, the Steelers rebound off their loss against Baltimore by beating the Bengals 24-17, the Eagles lose another home game against the Arizona Cardinals 21-17, the Jaguars defeat the winless Colts 17-3, Tim Tebow wins another one for the Broncos against the Kansas City Chiefs 17-10, Cam Newton's Panthers look horrible in a 30-3 loss against the Titans and the Rams beat the Browns in the closest game of the day 13-12.

In an upset, the jets lose a Thursday Night match to Tim Tebow and the Broncos 17-13 tonight 11/17/11. Although not yet out of a wild card spot, this loss is huge for Gang Green. They better shape up asap as there now more teams in the playoff hunt this season or else they can be out of it by Dec. 1. This is not the same as say when the Jets got the last post season spot at last minute at the end of 2009 season as they won't be as lucky this time around.

What a reversal or fortune: the Giants are riding high and the Jets [favored to get in the AFCS] are doing pretty poorly. I'm glad I'm not a betting person.

I was sure the Giants had no shot with the teams they had to face and yet they beat the 'boston' Patriots at their home and they had a respectable game against the 49ers.

What a reversal or fortune: the Giants are riding high and the Jets [favored to get in the AFCS] are doing pretty poorly. I'm glad I'm not a betting person.

I was sure the Giants had no shot with the teams they had to face and yet they beat the 'boston' Patriots at their home and they had a respectable game against the 49ers.

Especially after the strike woops i mean work stoppage cut short trainning camp. Thus clubs having only a few weeks when the CBA was signed in late July to prepare for start of season in Sept. Right now as of Friday 11/18/11, its looks like the Giants will win the NFCE and Jets will miss the playoffs but subject to change.

Only thing certain is Packers will be heavy favorites come playoff time to repeat. They are last unbeaten team left in the NFL but I think they finish regular season at 15-1 or 14-2.

Week 12 preview

All NFL fans are looking forward to the tripleheader of action on Thanksgiving Thursday. While people stuff themselves with food, the Packers (10-0) play at the Lions (7-3), followed by the Dolphins (3-7, winners of 3 straight) playing at the Cowboys (6-4, tied for 1st in NFC East). Last but not least we have a coaching matchup of the ages as the Harbaugh brothers face off in the 49ers vs Ravens matchup. Both of those teams carry stellar defenses and playoff caliber records. The playoff picture will become a lot clearer after Thursday.

Week 11 scores

Philadelphia 17 NY Giants 10

San Diego 20 Chicago 31

Carolina 35 Detroit 49

NY Jets 13 Denver 17 (Thursday)

Buffalo 8 Miami 35

Tampa Bay 26 Green Bay 35

Oakland 27 Minnesota 21

Dallas 27 Washington 24 OT

Cincinatti 24 Baltimore 31

for others log onto NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

Week 12 preview

All NFL fans are looking forward to the tripleheader of action on Thanksgiving Thursday. While people stuff themselves with food, the Packers (10-0) play at the Lions (7-3), followed by the Dolphins (3-7, winners of 3 straight) playing at the Cowboys (6-4, tied for 1st in NFC East). Last but not least we have a coaching matchup of the ages as the Harbaugh brothers face off in the 49ers vs Ravens matchup. Both of those teams carry stellar defenses and playoff caliber records. The playoff picture will become a lot clearer after Thursday.

Based on their schedules(for rest of season) this is the best scenrios for the Jets and Giants for post season berths.

Jets

Best case-#6 seed(last AFC playoff spot)

worst case-7-9 3rd place AFCE.

Giants

Best case-#4 seed (NFC East winners)

Worst case-3rd place NFCE 6-10 or 7-9 and Coughlin gets canned.

Just a guess guys so kiddies don't try my picks at home.:P

Week 12 Update

The Broncos and Chargers are currently engaged in what seems to be the Game of the week so far with 2 minutes left in overtime. The Partiots are back to their previous dominance defeating the Eagles convincingly on the road. The Jets helped their playoff chances by beating the Bills at home 28-24. Buffalo has now lost 4 straight and 5 of 6. Janikowski kicks a franchise record 6 field goals as the Raiders beat the Bears 25-20. The Indianapolis Colts are still winless so it's time to talk about 0-16 again.

Week 12 Update

The Broncos and Chargers are currently engaged in what seems to be the Game of the week so far with 2 minutes left in overtime. The Partiots are back to their previous dominance defeating the Eagles convincingly on the road. The Jets helped their playoff chances by beating the Bills at home 28-24. Buffalo has now lost 4 straight and 5 of 6. Janikowski kicks a franchise record 6 field goals as the Raiders beat the Bears 25-20. The Indianapolis Colts are still winless so it's time to talk about 0-16 again.

Bronocos and Steelers (thankfully i missed watching that boring game vs. Chiefs)won last night. Giants in a huge MNF game vs. Saints starting shortly.

With about a month to go in regular season here are the playoff contenders.

*Locks:tup:*

NFC Packers, 49ers

AFC Pats and Ravens

Looking Good(Should make it)

AFC Steelers

NFC Saints

In the Mix

NFC Falcons, Lions, Giants, Cowboys, Bears

AFC Broncos, Jets, Texans, Titans, Bengals

Need Help/Slim ChanceB)

NFC Eagles, Redskins, Bucs

AFC Raiders