R40's winding down to retirement (feel free to add photos & videos)

metsfan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what you would say if your "retirement dates" are wrong.

why you asking? anything is possible when it comes to retirement dates. your old retirement dates were wrong. who told you all R32s would retire by December 1, 2008? or who said the R40M/42s would remain in service until 2015?

why you asking? anything is possible when it comes to retirement dates. your old retirement dates were wrong. who told you all R32s would retire by December 1, 2008? or who said the R40M/42s would remain in service until 2015?

I don't hold those dates to heart. Nor did I ever say that the Mods/42s are going to retire in 2015. I don't ever recall myself saying that.

Months earlier, a lady tried to sue the MTA regarding the R32 and the AC thing. Some of the crews said that they will retire all by 1 Dec., we all guessed upon that. But as I said, I don't hold these dates to heart nor do I keep on repeating myself and repeating myself.

On the other hand, you would post those dates on nearly every post regarding older cars.

Did you miss the whole thread that said all R32s would be gone by Dec 1st.? And yes, I know they're still here.

I don't hold those dates to heart. Nor did I ever say that the Mods/42s are going to retire in 2015. I don't ever recall myself saying that.

Months earlier, a lady tried to sue the MTA regarding the R32 and the AC thing. Some of the crews said that they will retire all by 1 Dec., we all guessed upon that. But as I said, I don't hold these dates to heart nor do I keep on repeating myself and repeating myself.

On the other hand, you would post those dates on nearly every post regarding older cars.

i know you did not started the R32 thread. i just could not believe you actually believed something that was physically impossible. there are 290 Phase I R32s and the last of the Phase II cars were retired in October. you cannot retire almost 300 cars in two months. there was no way R40M/42s would stay in service until 2015. they are just too old and deteriorated to do so. not even the R44s or R46s can survive that long. the R160s, not R179s, are replacing all remaining 60 footers in service.

Did you miss the whole thread that said all R32s would be gone by Dec 1st.? And yes, I know they're still here.

i refuse to read it because it is completely wrong.

i know you did not started the R32 thread. i just could not believe you actually believed something that was physically impossible. there are 290 Phase I R32s and the last of the Phase II cars were retired in October. you cannot retire almost 300 cars in two months. there was no way R40M/42s would stay in service until 2015. they are just too old and deteriorated to do so. not even the R44s or R46s can survive that long. the R160s, not R179s, are replacing all remaining 60 footers in service.

i refuse to read it because it is completely wrong.

Back in late October or something like that, upon reading that thread, I recall speaking with R160B 8713 and we have agreed that it would be fairly impossible to eliminate ALL of the R32s. As a result, I did not believe it totally.

Who said they will retire in 2015? You cannot make any allegations that I said they will retire in 2015. There is no chance for that happening. Given their condition, they can't even make it past 2012.

It was established that the R160s are replacing all remaining 60 fters. It was posted a long time ago that the base order of the R160s will replace all slants, all R38s, the GE R32s an the CI Rebuilds. The option 1 order will replace all remaining R32s. The final order will replace all Mods/remaining R42s. While that is a rough estimate, it did not imply that R179s will replace the remaining SMEEs. In fact, according to that piece of info, there would be cars for service increases, meaning extra sets.

I, personally, have no idea where you got your information. While it may seem accurate, I do not buy it 100%. Who knows if the order will change? Also, I believe that we should not waste our time guessing what cars will run on the A and C lines after all SMEEs are gone.

Back in late October or something like that, upon reading that thread, I recall speaking with R160B 8713 and we have agreed that it would be fairly impossible to eliminate ALL of the R32s. As a result, I did not believe it totally.

Who said they will retire in 2015? You cannot make any allegations that I said they will retire in 2015. There is no chance for that happening. Given their condition, they can't even make it past 2012.

It was established that the R160s are replacing all remaining 60 fters. It was posted a long time ago that the base order of the R160s will replace all slants, all R38s, the GE R32s an the CI Rebuilds. The option 1 order will replace all remaining R32s. The final order will replace all Mods/remaining R42s. While that is a rough estimate, it did not imply that R179s will replace the remaining SMEEs. In fact, according to that piece of info, there would be cars for service increases, meaning extra sets.

I, personally, have no idea where you got your information. While it may seem accurate, I do not buy it 100%. Who knows if the order will change? Also, I believe that we should not waste our time guessing what cars will run on the A and C lines after all SMEEs are gone.

the now banned Kexpress kept on saying all R32s will retire in December 2008 and that the R40M/42s will stay in service until 2015. he claims the R179s, not the R160s, would replace the R40M/42s because they were not enough R160s ordered, but now there is. when Kexpress finally admitted he was wrong via youtube, he refused to say where he got this inaccurate information from. i did not believe what he said one bit because i knew it was totally false. (NYCT) has ordered 1700 R160s, more than enough to replace all 1600 R32s-R42s and an additional 100 cars for extra service. (NYCT) is actually considering a third option order that would be used for even more service and/or replace some of the worst R44s in the system.

the now banned Kexpress kept on saying all R32s will retire in December 2008 and that the R40M/42s will stay in service until 2015. he claims the R179s, not the R160s, would replace the R40M/42s because they were not enough R160s ordered, but now there is. when Kexpress finally admitted he was wrong via youtube, he refused to say where he got this inaccurate information from. i did not believe what he said one bit because i knew it was totally false. (NYCT) has ordered 1700 R160s, more than enough to replace all 1600 R32s-R42s and an additional 100 cars for extra service. (NYCT) is actually considering a third option order that would be used for even more service and/or replace some of the worst R44s in the system.

I never said the Mods will retire in 2015 nor am I Kexpress. So I don't know why you are willing to continue all of this.

Where are you getting this info?

BTW, Kexpress did kept on saying all R32 will reire in Dec 2008, but he didn't start the thread.

Where are you getting this info?

BTW, Kexpress did kept on saying all R32 will reire in Dec 2008, but he didn't start the thread.

Kexpress gave me the information, but i never believed him. every source says all R32s-R42s will be replaced by the R160s. Kexpress told me via youtube that ducman998r, the guy who started the R32/38 thread, is a fraud and not a real MTA worker.

I never said the Mods will retire in 2015 nor am I Kexpress. So I don't know why you are willing to continue all of this.

i will stop when you stop asking me questions.

Kexpress gave me the information, but i never believed him. every source says all R32s-R42s will be replaced by the R160s. Kexpress told me via youtube that ducman998r, the guy who started the R32/38 thread, is a fraud and not a real MTA worker.

If ducman was a fraud, how did he get on-site 207th St. Yard R160 photos?

i will stop when you stop asking me questions.

If Harry finds that he is a fraud, he will remove Car Inspector from his name.

if ducman988r is really a car inspector, then where the heck is he getting all of these inaccurate information from?

Listen, he is just a car inspector. The operations in RTO can change unexpectedly. There may be updates that he may have overlooked. We should be glad that we are getting some information (whether it is true or not true) out of these workers who are kind enough of share what is going on. However, you, like most of us here, are just a subway rider. You do not have the right to question his status as a worker, because you are not a worker yourself, period.

• 4 weeks later...
Hm, I'd like to RF the (A) on a R40S without all that weekend GO and without skipping school, so...

are there gonna be any R40S left on the (A) by mid April? Or any updated news on when they're gonna start retiring them, etc?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Based on the amount of R38s left, the R38s would be gone between middle-late March. Which means, they will most likely start on the R40 slants afterwards. I am also expecting a 1-2 week break between the conclusion of the R38 retirement and the commencement of the R40 slants to get all things sort out. I am not sure, but those are my speculations. So, the R40 slant retirement would take place beginning around either late March to the middle of April. And most likely, they will retire the Coney Island slants first. So my conclusion is, you might be able to see R40 slants then during Spring break.

So yeah, just my speculations.

Archived