R40's winding down to retirement (feel free to add photos & videos)

metsfan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last time an R40 ran on the (W) was a month ago. The last time an R40 ran on the (N) was in like February. I remember seeing an R40 signed as an (N) pulling into Ditmars Boulevard once but it was OOS. This was about three weeks ago.

Naw, definitely after that for the (N). I think I caught a couple in either March or April.

Well you have to stop b/c of the timers that have red lights and 2nd that stupid ass (N) train crossed in front of us....idk why there was a (N) train doing on the (Q) line

Ah, ok.

- Andy

• 2 weeks later...
LMAO at the end of the first video!! The R160 lovers must have mad when they seen the end lol. But great video nice and touching. Those cars will be missed. :(

ill also miss them because when my mom goes to talk to her lawyer i would always ride the N or W train,they would ether come in R40 or R68.man the old times.will it come back?B)

I hate the Slants with a passion, but i'll post the only pics I have of them and one video.
I remember, in that last shot, it was me, you and Mike Hodurski chillin that day. Damn, over a year now. We haven't chilled in a while too. I gotta catch you on one of your NJT runs. :rolleyes:

Here's some R40 artwork by yours truly.

AnR40Headache.jpg

Neil Azorez and Lady Giovanni (from my noval) ride the (Q) Train after a Kanye West Concert and Neil keeps singing "Flashing Lights" giving poor Lady a headache.

R40BTrain.jpg

What can I say, R40 (:D passing West 8th Street heading for Brighton Beach.

Next week (17th) i'll be riding on the (:D between herald square & 72nd street before i see hellboy 2 with my lady for a bit. After that i'll be visiting roosevelt island, then if we have time we are going to hop onto the SI ferry for a quick round trip. I will be looking for slants on the (B) and R3x/R4x on the (F).

When i get home i'll post the slantie fotos here.

- Andy

Ok, time to jump in here (I may give away my age but what the heck).

1973 - A couple of acquaintances from a youth organization invited me to their home in Brooklyn. Took the (6) to Brooklyn Bridge and entered the Chambers St. station for the first time. I cannot recall whether it was a QJ or MJ but it was the express to Myrtle. I had never seen the R40 slant until then. That was an amazing ride (never been over the Williamsburg Bridge until then either).

*Note - We did not ride between cars.

Archived