More Country Club Complaints about the Bx24

GreatOne2k

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea as a little kid i vaguely remember seeing Bx12 RTS and Flxbles with Split Rock Golf or yea Bartow-Pell destination signs. Just like I remember taking the Bx5 to and from Pelham Parkway/Williamsbridge Rd.

But as for the Bx24, debate. I dont know how one small group of people can complain about improved service and then when its reduced to there liking they further complain. The only reason I'd want to bring back the Bx14 to at least Westchester Sq. or extend the Bx24 is to put the Bx5 back on the Bruckner. Crosby doesnt need the Bx5 if the Bx8 is back on Crosby. I believe Bx5 service has suffered greatly because service is slower for no good reason.

yea as a little kid i vaguely remember seeing Bx12 RTS and Flxbles with Split Rock Golf or yea Bartow-Pell destination signs. Just like I remember taking the Bx5 to and from Pelham Parkway/Williamsbridge Rd.

But as for the Bx24, debate. I dont know how one small group of people can complain about improved service and then when its reduced to there liking they further complain. The only reason I'd want to bring back the Bx14 to at least Westchester Sq. or extend the Bx24 is to put the Bx5 back on the Bruckner. Crosby doesnt need the Bx5 if the Bx8 is back on Crosby. I believe Bx5 service has suffered greatly because service is slower for no good reason.

The only reason I'd want to bring back the Bx14 to at least Westchester Sq. or extend the Bx24 is to put the Bx5 back on the Bruckner.
Funny you say that since that was the original Bx22 service pattern during the '70s, the Bx14 back then.

Crosby doesnt need the Bx5 if the Bx8 is back on Crosby. I believe Bx5 service has suffered greatly because service is slower for no good reason.
That's the only way the Bx5 can improve, send it back to Bruckner Blvd. I'm surprised that the MTA didn't propose that yet.

The only reason I'd want to bring back the Bx14 to at least Westchester Sq. or extend the Bx24 is to put the Bx5 back on the Bruckner.
Funny you say that since that was the original Bx22 service pattern during the '70s, the Bx14 back then.

Crosby doesnt need the Bx5 if the Bx8 is back on Crosby. I believe Bx5 service has suffered greatly because service is slower for no good reason.
That's the only way the Bx5 can improve, send it back to Bruckner Blvd. I'm surprised that the MTA didn't propose that yet.

Yep. The reason the MTA cites for the Bx5's falling ridership is congestion on Crosby and the need to short turn to avoid it. So the obvious solution is to bring it back to Bruckner. Unless something is prohibiting that... (cost?)

Yep. The reason the MTA cites for the Bx5's falling ridership is congestion on Crosby and the need to short turn to avoid it. So the obvious solution is to bring it back to Bruckner. Unless something is prohibiting that... (cost?)

Well, they are saving money by short-turning the buses, but on the other hand, it costs more to run along the slower, more congested Crosby Avenue rather than the faster Bruckner Blvd.

I mean, if they really wanted to keep costs down, they could send the buses back onto Bruckner Blvd and only re-extend some buses back to Pelham Bay Park.

Is anybody familiar with the pre-2010 Bx5 schedule? How many short-turns were there back then?

Well, they are saving money by short-turning the buses, but on the other hand, it costs more to run along the slower, more congested Crosby Avenue rather than the faster Bruckner Blvd.

I mean, if they really wanted to keep costs down, they could send the buses back onto Bruckner Blvd and only re-extend some buses back to Pelham Bay Park.

Is anybody familiar with the pre-2010 Bx5 schedule? How many short-turns were there back then?

Archived