Are the NABIs really smaller than the Novas and Flxibles?!

MiXxDiDdY

I feel like i asked a similar question to this before..but are the NABIs actually smaller than the Novas and Flxibles?!

I'm asking this because every time i ride a Nova, it seems so spacious, even when crowded. The NABIs, on the other hand, look like sardine cans as soon as more than 3 people are standing up. I even remember riding the Flxibles, which have that same boxy/rectangular design with the slim rear-door and wide front-door like the NABIs, but the Flxibles STILL seemed to have more space

so what's going on?! Can anyone tell me for sure how the NABIs actually compare to the Novas and Flxibles in size?"

I feel like i asked a similar question to this before..but are the NABIs actually smaller than the Novas and Flxibles?!

I'm asking this because every time i ride a Nova, it seems so spacious, even when crowded. The NABIs, on the other hand, look like sardine cans as soon as more than 3 people are standing up. I even remember riding the Flxibles, which have that same boxy/rectangular design with the slim rear-door and wide front-door like the NABIs, but the Flxibles STILL seemed to have more space

so what's going on?! Can anyone tell me for sure how the NABIs actually compare to the Novas and Flxibles in size?"

I dunno dimension wise if they are but seat layout on a bus can make a difference and sadly the layout on the nabi is abysmal..I believe that when the nabi order was made (NJT) only chose interior design fir the suburban model and left it for non suburban models also my number 1 example being how (NJT) decided to put front facing seats over the rear axle making IMO sitting there uncomfortable fir anyone considerable taller than Austin powers's mini me.....these buses to me don't feel like any thought was considered that it would have ppl standing on the bus for trips

@ironboundnjt: Yeah I really don't get why they made the seats front facing over the rear axle. I'm a pretty short dude and even I avoid sitting there. You're right though, seating configuration does make a huge difference..imo, I think the novas had the best seating. Having the wheelchair seats adjacent to the rear door gives novas a lot more standing room..if there's not a wheelchair passenger on board.

@553bridgeton: really?! Wow I thought the nabis were 40ft buses. Do you know if the novas and flxes are wider than the nabis?!

@ironboundnjt: Yeah I really don't get why they made the seats front facing over the rear axle. I'm a pretty short dude and even I avoid sitting there. You're right though, seating configuration does make a huge difference..imo, I think the novas had the best seating. Having the wheelchair seats adjacent to the rear door gives novas a lot more standing room..if there's not a wheelchair passenger on board.

@553bridgeton: really?! Wow I thought the nabis were 40ft buses. Do you know if the novas and flxes are wider than the nabis?!

the nova looks slimmer but so spacious, i think the nabi and flxibles are almost the same in width

"This may be a stupid question..idk..but how feasible would it be for NJT to reconfigure the seats on all the NABI transits?!

Because, as stated earlier in this topic, the flawed seating arrangement makes the NABIs look really small. IMO, the 3 rows of seats in the back that sit above the rear axle should be horizontal to the window.

That would both allow for more standing room space, easier exit for people sitting all the way in the back next to the window, and no more leg cramps for people sitting on top of the rear axle."

At 102" all standard buses are the same width. NABI, Nova, Flyer, MCI ect. And there is definitely more room in the Nova's.

Archived