The MTA is testing a gillig low floor bus!

trainfan22

I don't know i got the info from SC.

Btw wasn't this confirmed by a B/O that the MTA was testing an gillg bus?

Yeah it was, which make me wonder because I have yet to see a Gillig LF in the City. But that still goes back to the question on why the TA would test a 12+ year old HF??

According to wiki ( which at times is not 100% accurate )

(Received in 2008) Nova Bus

LFS (TL-40102A) semi-low floor 40 Cummins ISL N/A 1 This bus is currently being tested in Brooklyn.

(Received in 2008) New Flyer Industries

D60LF (low floor articulated) 60 Catterpillar C9 N/A 1 This bus is currently being tested in the Bronx.

2008 Gillig

Advantage (semi-low floor) 40 Cummins ISL N/A 1 This bus is currently being tested in the Bronx.

2008 Prevost

X3-45 (commuter bus) 45 Detroit Diesel Series 60 EGR 0052 1 This bus is currently being tested in Staten Island.

According to wiki ( which at times is not 100% accurate )

(Received in 2008) Nova Bus

LFS (TL-40102A) semi-low floor 40 Cummins ISL N/A 1 This bus is currently being tested in Brooklyn.

(Received in 2008) New Flyer Industries

D60LF (low floor articulated) 60 Catterpillar C9 N/A 1 This bus is currently being tested in the Bronx.

2008 Gillig

Advantage (semi-low floor) 40 Cummins ISL N/A 1 This bus is currently being tested in the Bronx.

2008 Prevost

X3-45 (commuter bus) 45 Detroit Diesel Series 60 EGR 0052 1 This bus is currently being tested in Staten Island.

I've personally seen all these buses except this 2008 Gillig, and The mystery NovaBus that's supposed to be in Brooklyn. Now if Pablo, nycbusfan, trainfan22, and/or Majinvegeta post a pic of this Nova, then I will believe it. But since none of them have seen it, I don't believe it. The Gillig I saw on Webster is no where near a 2008, and it was a high floor. I also am inclined to believe that if the Prevost is indeed equipted with a DDs60 it must be a 2007. I'm not aware of any Transit Bus anywhere equipted with a 2008 DD, as they no longer offer transit bus engines. So that article is far from being accurate.

Ok does anybody know what depot this bus is at? If its at zeraga would the bus be out in the open or would it be in an building?

Your guess is as good as mine, but if it is at "Fort Zerega," you won't be able to see it.

I would have went after the LFS, but I'm not familiar with that area of Brooklyn. But I now know where Jackie Gleason Bus Depot is cause I went to costco near 36th street with my dad and I saw a bunch of Orion VII CNGs and C40LFs for different routes coming out

Quick questions, I know where WF is cause is easily seen while riding the 2 line, where is zerega and those other depots in the bronx area?

As for the Nova LFS, what was the "rumored route they were on?" If anything, im going to sneak around JG Depot, since that depot is closer to where I am, living in manhattan, of course.

Quick questions, I know where WF is cause is easily seen while riding the 2 line, where is zerega and those other depots in the bronx area?

As for the Nova LFS, what was the "rumored route they were on?" If anything, im going to sneak around JG Depot, since that depot is closer to where I am, living in manhattan, of course.

It's probably not at KB but that's on 216-17sts and 9th Av. A block north of the (1) station.

GH is on Edson Av and Bartow. Next to I-95. The Qbx1 stops in front of the Depot but you would have to ride that through Co-op City Secs 5-1. So you can take The Bx25/26/28 to Bartow and Edson (The stop is under the highway).

Zerega Is really in the middle of nowhere by a Home Depot. The Bx22 is nearby

It's probably not at KB but that's on 216-17sts and 9th Av. A block north of the (1) station.

GH is on Edson Av and Bartow. Next to I-95. The Qbx1 stops in front of the Depot but you would have to ride that through Co-op City Secs 5-1. So you can take The Bx25/26/28 to Bartow and Edson (The stop is under the highway).

Zerega Is really in the middle of nowhere by a Home Depot. The Bx22 is nearby

You just gave me an idea for a great trip, thanks !

I can't remember where Zerega is because you can never see anything, and it's been YEARS since I been there. It's on Zerega Ave.... LOL.... Gun Hill is in Baychester off Edson and MLK Jr. (Bartow Av), WF is just west of Bronx River Pky, between I-95 and E. 177 St. Kingsbridge is in Inwood, but I know it's not there.

As far as the LFS, supposedly they are running it on the B35, which I also question. Why run a diesel out of Gleason? The LFS doesn't offer a CNG version, and probably never will.

I can't remember where Zerega is because you can never see anything, and it's been YEARS since I been there. It's on Zerega Ave.... LOL.... Gun Hill is in Baychester off Edson and MLK Jr. (Bartow Av), WF is just west of Bronx River Pky, between I-95 and E. 177 St. Kingsbridge is in Inwood, but I know it's not there.

As far as the LFS, supposedly they are running it on the B35, which I also question. Why run a diesel out of Gleason? The LFS doesn't offer a CNG version, and probably never will.

The LFS story makes sense.....perhaps its in a different depot, or it gets fueled up at one place and returns to gleason. But that doesnt make any sense

As for the zerega thingy, I havent been to the bronx in 10 years, My parents and I would only go to Fordham Road via the (D) line. I dont know much about the bronx, didnt even know there was a zerega ave !!!!

The LFS story makes sense.....perhaps its in a different depot, or it gets fueled up at one place and returns to gleason. But that doesnt make any sense

As for the zerega thingy, I havent been to the bronx in 10 years, My parents and I would only go to Fordham Road via the (D) line. I dont know much about the bronx, didnt even know there was a zerega ave !!!!

Don't quote me, but I think it's at Zerega and Waterbury.

Damn, this topic sparked in a day.

Dante has seem to have brought up interesting information. Now that he has seen a Gillig, a Gillig Phantom at that, changes alot. And I ask the same question. "Why?"

Maybe its not MTA. Dunno. I'll have to talk to a few people and see what they know and possibly just leave the hunting for next week.

Oh, and yeah, you can go to Zerega, but you won't see anything....

The all White Gillig high floor you've seen in the Bronx is a Shuttle run out of White Plains Bus Service. It shuttles people from The Hutchinson Metro Center by Pelham Parkway to the subway.

Thanks for the info man! I know buses, and I know what I saw. So that definitely leads me to believe there may not be a Gillig low floor at Zerega.

The all White Gillig high floor you've seen in the Bronx is a Shuttle run out of White Plains Bus Service. It shuttles people from The Hutchinson Metro Center by Pelham Parkway to the subway.
I know, they also operate RTS-06s (942, 997, and 998) with 6V92TA and I believe a ZF transmission for HMC, they leave a dark trail of smoke when accelerating! I wonder if this bus is free...

I went out to JG yesterday.....no nova LFS......until I checked wiki and they said it was returned to NovaBus Corp......what a waste of time, plus there were so many C40LFs about, I couldnt get one shot of an orion VII CNG.

as for the gillig, apparently it has been returned too.

I went out to JG yesterday.....no nova LFS......until I checked wiki and they said it was returned to NovaBus Corp......what a waste of time, plus there were so many C40LFs about, I couldnt get one shot of an orion VII CNG.

as for the gillig, apparently it has been returned too.

You really should visit the Bronx if you want to see the HMC Gillig or VII CNG. icon14.gif It's hard to get lost here...

no it's gone the gillig back to gillig hate it, because i want to see people get mad people get mad at buses
I see 943 Hutchinson Metro Center Shuttle Gillig everytime @ PM Rush Hours @ Westchester Square, I even have a video of it.

sombody said the samething about that New Flyer bus on that site yesterday......lol

Archived