Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reroute (4)(5)(B)(Q) trains, keeping tph in account. Please avoid through-running or extending the (S)...it's not realistic.

(2) Trains go to Flatbush and New Lots Avs (EP/7 Av Local)

(3) 14 St to 148 St. (7 Av Express)

(4) Extended to New Lots Av. (EP Local/Lexington Av Express)

(5) To Bowling Green (Lexington Av Express)

(B) To Coney Island (4 Av /West End Express Peak)

(Q) To Coney Island (4 Av/Sea Beach Local)

(S) To Brighton Beach with additional 6 Car R68[A] consists (Brighton Local)

The West End and Sea Beach Lines lost all 3rd power. How do you handle the situation.

(2) Trains go to Flatbush and New Lots Avs (EP/7 Av Local)

(3) 14 St to 148 St. (7 Av Express)

(4) Extended to New Lots Av. (EP Local/Lexington Av Express)

(5) To Bowling Green (Lexington Av Express)

(B) To Coney Island (4 Av /West End Express Peak)

(Q) To Coney Island (4 Av/Sea Beach Local)

(S) To Brighton Beach with additional 6 Car R68[A] consists (Brighton Local)

The West End and Sea Beach Lines lost all 3rd power. How do you handle the situation.

Ah, we can't live without the (S) going via Brighton, can we?

@your situation:

(D) Trains run via the (F) in both directions between West 4 St and Coney Island. The last stop on some southbound (F) trains is Church Av or Kings Highway.

(N) Trains run via the (R) between 59 St and 95 St in both directions.

NEXT

Due to track maintenance, the entire Eastern Pkwy line (local and express combined) can only fit 16 tph / direction.

That changes nothing in my solution, except that (B) trains run via Brighton Local.

NEXT

Due to track maintenance, the entire Eastern Pkwy line (local and express combined) can only fit 16 tph / direction.

(3): All times to New Lots Avenue

(2): All times to Flatbush Avenue, exp.

(4): To Bowling Green.

(5): E.180 St-Dyre Av

All (B) trains must run to Lefferts. How would you reroute the other lines to fill in for it?

What? This makes no sense at all.

What's stopping me from saying to suspend all (B) train service and create a new line, let's call it the X train and send it along the current (B) line?

NEXT

Due to an underground bomb, no trains can pass through the City Hall (R) station or the City Hall (6) train loop. (The 4, 5, 6 cannot all fit on one track)

So you just gonna cut all Brighton Express, CPW Local service. Well played. This one has a future in the Transit biz for sure chief.

What the hell does "All (B) trains must run to Lefferts" mean? Are there so many broken switches that makes the CPW local go to Lefferts and Lefferts only? In that case the (A)(C)(D)(E) lines would all be affected also.

Edited by Gorgor

Because of a police investigation, the Eastern Pkwy express and Brighton tracks are closed and impassable in the vicinity of 7 Av. The local tracks are fine.

Reroute 4/5/B/Q trains, keeping tph in account. Please avoid through-running or extending the S...it's not realistic.

This is very similar in some ways to the other G.O. concerning the B/Q earlier, and through-running in this case can be more realistic and the best way to keep things going than to disrupt stations that normally are not terminals or have odd ways of connecting when used as a terminal. For the B/Q, I'll simply re-post what I did for an earlier situation:

Since Botanic Garden seems to be able to handle 300' trains:

(B) runs as a loop to/from Prospect Park through Coney Island and then to/from 145th or Bedford Park Boulevard as follows:

Via the (N) to Manhattan (running express on Sea Beach) after running Prospect Park-Coney Island

Via the (D) to Brooklyn (running express through the West End, stopping at express stations Brooklyn-bound ONLY before going through Coney Island back to Prospect Park.

(Q) runs in two parts:

Ditmars Boulevard-Atlantic Avenue (regular platform)

Botanic Garden-Coney Island (this section as a reduced 300' train, stopping on Prospect Park-bound side)

For service to/from Atlantic Avenue to/from Prospect Park, take the (2)(3) between Atlantic-Pacific and Botanic Garden.

Franklin Avenue (S) operates ONLY between Franklin Avenue and Botanic Garden, terminating on the Franklin Avenue-bound track at Botanic Garden, transfer there to the (Q) on the opposite track for Prospect Park and points south.

Adding to the above:

(2) and (3) run normal service (transfer at Franklin Avenue for special (Q) service from Botanic Garden-Coney Island).

(4) and (5) run to Bowling Green.

(J) is extended to 9 Avenue Brooklyn via the former (M) 4th Avenue route to absorb lower Manhattan passengers looking for Brooklyn from the (4)(5).

If the (B) can't be through-routed as noted above, then the (B) runs to the 2nd Avenue (F) station.

Next:

A police investigation at the 125th Street station on Metro-North has closed both that station and the (4)(5)(6) station.

Edited by Wallyhorse

My wording must have been off - I meant to avoid through-routing to the Shuttle line.

@Your scenario:

(3) Trains rerouted, after 135 St, to 3 Av/149 St to provide extra service to the Bronx and avoid delays at 142 St Junction.

(4) No service between 149 St - Grand Concourse and 86 St. Selected trains run local between 42 St and 86 St. The last stop on some northbound trains is 59 St.

(5) Trains run via the (2) in both directions between 149 St and Nevins St.

(6) No trains south of 3 Av - 138 St.

NEXT

Due to a switch failure, the northbound express track is closed at 34 St - Herald Sq (6 Av platform).

Be creative.

Yes, because we can't read minds!

Ayee you got me now. YOU GOT ME NOW!!!

Due to a switch failure, the northbound express track is closed at 34 St - Herald Sq (6 Av platform).

Be creative.

Well I guess I can't take the easy way out. So I'll be super creative.

(F) via Brighton/Broadway Express, then via 63 St, Queens Blvd Express to 179 St.

(B) via Culver/6 Av/CPW Local, Park Slope Express, to 145 St.

(D) via 6 Av/8 Av Local, CPW Express, Grand CC Local, to 205 St

Edited by trainguy97

All (B) trains must run to Lefferts. How would you reroute the other lines to fill in for it?

Re-route all Lefferts bound (A) trains to Brighton Beach via Manhattan Bridge, and Brighton Exp.

Discontinue the (C) assuming the (B) is running via local.

It's really unrealistic and foamy.

NEXT

Due to police investigations, the uptown local tracks are impassable at 23 St (F)(M) and 23 St (C)(E).

(C) Over 8th Ave Express

(M) Over 6th Ave Express

(F) Suspended Northbound

(G) Northbound Trains Operate from CI To Jamaica

(E) Via 63rd St To Whitehall Rd

NEXT

Due to police investigations, the uptown local tracks are impassable at 23 St (F)(M) and 23 St (C)(E).

(A) Normal service

(B) Suspended

(C) Euclid Av - Chambers St

(D) CPW local

(E) Via express from Canal St to 34th St - Penn Station

(F) Via express from W4 to 34th St - Herald Sq

(G) Extended to Forest Hills

(M) Some trains are rerouted to Chambers St, some trains make normal service on the express track with the (F)

Whatever you say Chief.

NEXT

(M) Myrtle Av to Chambers/Broad St via Nassau Local

(F) via 6 Av Express W4 to 34 St, then normal service to Queens

(C) No service

(A) via Fulton/UWS Local, 8 Av/CPW Express to replace the (C)

(E) via 8 Av Express Canal St to 42 St, then normal service to Queens

Edited by trainguy97