Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
lilbluefoxie

Some goodies today

Today I was on the (J), (F), (C), and (S)

Jon's Subway Photos - (J) Nassau St Local

Jon's Subway Photos - (F) 6 Avenue Local

Jon's Subway Photos - (C) 8 Avenue Local

Jon's Subway Photos - (S) Franklin Ave Shuttle

I got an R42 without waiting for the first time at Sutphin Blvd.

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

there was a guy at Bowery, some hobo, he went down trackside, went thru th hole in the wall and up to the abandoned side.

IMG_2953.JPG

I missed a photo op of an R46 (F) cuz of track workers nearby and I got confused I was on the wrong platform becasue the 46 signs were pointing to 179 St but it turns out i was on the right side for Brooklyn. I did get one R160 shot.

IMG_2958.JPG

Missed photo ops at York St and Jay St due to MTA PD nearby. Lunch was at Wendys, I had the W burger.

W-Double-Cheeseburger-at-Wendys.png

After lunch it was back to Jay St for the (C)

IMG_2962.JPG

I missed the (C) at Franklin, for some reason I never ended up staying to get it, itll be on the to-do list for next time...

Onto the Franklin (S), this shot at Franklin Ave is tough to get good, the lighting is always bad there.

IMG_2966.JPG

This shot I like, again, Botanic Garden is another tricky station to photograph in becasue of the lighting.

IMG_2969.JPG

I made a really silly error on this trip, I was checking the time on my phone and somehow I misread the clock and thought it was 2:30 but in reality it was 12:30, I get to Atlantic Terminal and dont bother with the signs because usually theyre wrong, and I only realised it was 12:42 instead ot 2:42 after Im on the LIRR train and at that point I didnt want to go back out again, so I came home a bit early, at least I got most of what I wanted, a few shots I wish I coulda done better but theres always next time...

enjoy!

More notes, i still dont get why York St is so heavily guarded, its not the ghetto and its not lower manhattan.

Lafayette St can be quite desolate

More notes, i still dont get why York St is so heavily guarded, its not the ghetto and its not lower manhattan.

Lafayette St can be quite desolate

It's a river tube station, there are always cops there. It's nothing unusual.

It's a river tube station, there are always cops there. It's nothing unusual.

good to know, next time ill find another random (F) station to get photos at.

good to know, next time ill find another random (F) station to get photos at.

Why, I have never been bothered taking photos there or anywhere else with cops around.

Why, I have never been bothered taking photos there or anywhere else with cops around.

I like to play it safe :P im not as brave as some of the other guys on here hehe.

I really like that Botanic Garden (S)huttle shot! Nice!

Thanks, I wanted to try that shot since I saw it on nycsubway.org and it worked :P

Great pixs!

That first R42 could use a repaint!

they need a lot more than that hehe :P