How bad LIB has gotten

Marctalky1

I was on the n24 today at 6pm I got on at Roosevelt Field. Standing room at Roosevelt field. Once we finally got to Jericho Turnpike. The driver starting flagging people. I think he might have flagged at least 20-30 people on this run. It got so crowded the driver stated I'm going express to 179th street. The made outrage on the bus. Luckily he didn't follow thru with this and the bus ride was slowly emptying out once we hit queens. What could we do to prevent this happening again? make 179th st. subway express busses?

1) Bus operators are quitting/using up their sick days while LIB is still, well, LIB. As a result, runs are missing.

2) Most of the Orion Vs have yet to be inspected by the DOT. This is why Orion Vs from the city have been lent, to try and make up for lost service. Also, since LIB's fleet is still primarily Orion Vs, bus operators have already been trained on it, so all they need to do is flash LIB destination signs onto the computer.

3) See the above because me and every other LIB rider has been going through this since the start of the month, and this isn't news.

I thought the same about my home route and then Tuesday two buses never showed up, and only after I saw an Orion V roll down the street 30 minutes behind did I realize that was going to be it. I'd be surprised if there was anyone left after Christmas.

i think an N31 or 32 or both was missing today while I was getting photos at lynbrook, i noticed a lot of buses going Out Of Service down there.

That's bad, considering if you're going to Hempstead, the 31 and 32 are supposed to be no more than 15 minutes apart.

I'm telling you, up until the summer, buses would roll into Hempstead for the N6 like crazy. There could be a bus just backing out when another N6 comes right in. Now, people are lucky if one comes from the depot at all, and the lines end up going from the third N6 bay (next to the N35 bay) to the entrance to the transit center facing the LIRR station. That doesn't help people down the line, either, I've seen as many as 10-15 people waiting at the stop by the FiOS office on Fulton, and more by Sacred Heart.

That's bad, considering if you're going to Hempstead, the 31 and 32 are supposed to be no more than 15 minutes apart.

I'm telling you, up until the summer, buses would roll into Hempstead for the N6 like crazy. There could be a bus just backing out when another N6 comes right in. Now, people are lucky if one comes from the depot at all, and the lines end up going from the third N6 bay (next to the N35 bay) to the entrance to the transit center facing the LIRR station. That doesn't help people down the line, either, I've seen as many as 10-15 people waiting at the stop by the FiOS office on Fulton, and more by Sacred Heart.

there was a 31, i missed at as I was still driving around looking for parking in Lynbrook. but for the 20-30 mintues I was there, I didnt see another one, just a buncha out of service buses adn three N4s.

There are only short runs for N31s and 32s coming up from Lynbrook... and the occasional N25 as well. You really should have gotten more shots around March when the 2011 NGs/1800s rolled in, service was still half decent. The remaining bus operators don't seem willing to do additional trips anymore, which may explain why you saw so many buses OOS.. I understand their position as it is, but wouldn't it make more sense for LIB to go out on a good note?

Honestly, I never see this around me. The N51 i believe is pretty reliable (It runs 60 Minute headways but always on time). I only have seen 1 out of service bus on Merrick Av and 1 being towed on Meadowbrook Rd (near Merrick Av). The only change i've seen in this line in the past 3 months is that they are using an Orion V on the 7:40something run instead of an Orion VII

Between 5 and 6pm while I was having dinner at the diner off E.Gate Blvd I only saw one N22 heading east and it was crush loaded, flagging the people waiting. Its so bad you're better off walking to New Cassel or Westbury from there, but these ppl wait there anyway....

Honestly, I never see this around me. The N51 i believe is pretty reliable (It runs 60 Minute headways but always on time). I only have seen 1 out of service bus on Merrick Av and 1 being towed on Meadowbrook Rd (near Merrick Av). The only change i've seen in this line in the past 3 months is that they are using an Orion V on the 7:40something run instead of an Orion VII

The busier routes are getting hit much harder with the missing buses, back in October people were waiting hours one day for an N22 while mostly empty N80s,81s, 73s,etc passed by...it was quite irritating. One guy said he was ready to commandeer one of those buses and force it to do the N22...

There are only short runs for N31s and 32s coming up from Lynbrook... and the occasional N25 as well. You really should have gotten more shots around March when the 2011 NGs/1800s rolled in, service was still half decent. The remaining bus operators don't seem willing to do additional trips anymore, which may explain why you saw so many buses OOS.. I understand their position as it is, but wouldn't it make more sense for LIB to go out on a good note?

The way it's going I'll be suprised if 20% of the service runs the last week of LI Bus....in my area I'd say at least 50% of the runs are not showing up at all...

Yes I know. I must be a lucky one because my bus the n79 seems to never have a problem when I take it.

Most of the problems with reliability only affect the intercounty queens bound lines.

The busier routes are getting hit much harder with the missing buses, back in October people were waiting hours one day for an N22 while mostly empty N80s,81s, 73s,etc passed by...it was quite irritating. One guy said he was ready to commandeer one of those buses and force it to do the N22...

Intra county routes like N80/73 and N51 are almost always on-time. Only the queens bound routes suffer from MIA unreliable service to me its odd however since I usually use the LIRR to reach LI then transfer to an intra county line I am usually immune to most of LIB's problems.

Everytime I go to roosevelt field I use LIRR to mineola and use the 1st bus that shows up. Sometimes I use N40/41 and LIRR to reach hempstead faster then N6. When I go to hicksville I always use LIRR then transfer to N73/4 or N80/81 if I have to reach hempstead tpk levittown or backtrack from farmingdale on N72/70. When I visit suffolk I use LIRR to bus and vice versa. The LIRR is what saves time on the bus and allows you to choose the fastest bus you want depending on the station you exit at.

Intra county routes like N80/73 and N51 are almost always on-time. Only the queens bound routes suffer from MIA unreliable service to me its odd however since I usually use the LIRR to reach LI then transfer to an intra county line I am usually immune to most of LIB's problems.

Everytime I go to roosevelt field I use LIRR to mineola and use the 1st bus that shows up. Sometimes I use N40/41 and LIRR to reach hempstead faster then N6. When I go to hicksville I always use LIRR then transfer to N73/4 or N80/81 if I have to reach hempstead tpk levittown or backtrack from farmingdale on N72/70. When I visit suffolk I use LIRR to bus and vice versa. The LIRR is what saves time on the bus and allows you to choose the fastest bus you want depending on the station you exit at.

The situation out in Nassau w/ missing runs, or buses being egregiously late system-wide is tragic....

Now is not the time to discuss & focus on specific LIB routes !

I had some day with LIB!!!! When I was at Mineola, the 1:28 PM N24 to Roosevelt Field was curtailed of course, and I was worried the 1:40 N22 to Hicksville would be curtailed too since it was 6 minutes late before finally showing up, and it was jam-packed! The bus was full not just beyond the white line, but literally to the windshield! I ended up taking that one from Mineola to Roosevelt Field, very uncomfortable ride.

Figures on a saturday there would be no problem. I did see a breakdown on a bus resting near the Hicksville at around 9 45 am while Riding the first 79 to begin at Walt Whitman mall which I think is very late.

If it was an NG, they've been doing that since before the inspections. More often than not I see an NG sitting in the old N17 bay at Hempstead with the dispatcher on his cell phone talking to the garage, with a bus operator just waiting there.

I was on the n24 today at 6pm I got on at Roosevelt Field. Standing room at Roosevelt field. Once we finally got to Jericho Turnpike. The driver starting flagging people. I think he might have flagged at least 20-30 people on this run. It got so crowded the driver stated I'm going express to 179th street. The made outrage on the bus. Luckily he didn't follow thru with this and the bus ride was slowly emptying out once we hit queens. What could we do to prevent this happening again? make 179th st. subway express busses?

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This is the (MTA)'s way of saying "I'll make sure you regret this till the day you die & after" Nassau will eventually regret giving the (MTA) the finger & will probably come crawling back on their knees.

Two of the Four N27's that were supposed to run today never went out, with only two buses on the entire N27 line all day. Most were crush loaded to the windshield. Things are getting very bad, yet where is our pathetic excuse for a Governor? Cuomo will never get my vote again, thats for sure....

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This is the (MTA)'s way of saying "I'll make sure you regret this till the day you die & after" Nassau will eventually regret giving the (MTA) the finger & will probably come crawling back on their knees.

You better believe it! :mad:

Archived