Are bus operators written up,if they are late frequently?

ac1962

A few years back on the Bx35, bus operators who were late would tell the buses who were behind him to wait several minutes at a bus stop before proceeding to make the bus dispatcher believe (If there was even a bus dispatcher) think they were all late due to or whatever other reason they may have had in mind. As far as I know, it has not happened again on the Bx35 route. This may be slightly off topic since this does not involve pulling in late to the depot but rather being late frequently on the route.

Man those paddle reports are insane...some trips your allotted way too much time...others near none. I just drive as fast as the conditions allow...my goal is to get people there safely not quickly...just last night on the Bx36 a man went crazy on the bus cause I killed a light (it changed right as soon as I stopped) I explained that I can't run yellow's or red's it's a 40ft bus...he took down my badge number and stated he was gonna call in to complain...smh (I'm scared...NOT) I'm just doing what we were taught in safety school...I'm a probie so I need to do what I was taught...the MTA puts food on my plate not some random passenger on the bus ...as stated before...Safety, Service, Schedule those are the words I shall live by this year.

DANG!!, what difference does one minute make, he's still going to the exact same place.

A few years back on the Bx35, bus operators who were late would tell the buses who were behind him to wait several minutes at a bus stop before proceeding to make the bus dispatcher believe (If there was even a bus dispatcher) think they were all late due to or whatever other reason they may have had in mind. As far as I know, it has not happened again on the Bx35 route. This may be slightly off topic since this does not involve pulling in late to the depot but rather being late frequently on the route.

DANG!!, what difference does one minute make, he's still going to the exact same place.

LMAO that's what I'm saying...and I don't mean random as in individuals with no purpose I meant to say it as random individuals I don't know personally....I have been told by several operators I'm too nice to the customers...I guess I gotta mean mug behind the wheel lol

LMAO that's what I'm saying...and I don't mean random as in individuals with no purpose I meant to say it as random individuals I don't know personally....I have been told by several operators I'm too nice to the customers...I guess I gotta mean mug behind the wheel lol

Keep being nice! I love getting on a bus with a B/O who smiles, says good morning, etc. I know that passengers do appreciate it, especially on express routes, because I hear them talking when I stand at the bus stop waiting.

I know that I have emailed the MTA to give particularly nice drivers commendations, apple awards, etc, and more passengers than you think do the same. There are always gonna be people complaining about you whether you are nice or mean- someone will always find some problem., but people will only give you commendations if you really stick out in their minds.

I say you might as well be nice and get those commendations, which I'm sure can help cancel out some of those annoying complaints if the MTA tried to bring a case against you.

Keep being nice! I love getting on a bus with a B/O who smiles, says good morning, etc. I know that passengers do appreciate it, especially on express routes, because I hear them talking when I stand at the bus stop waiting.

I know that I have emailed the MTA to give particularly nice drivers commendations, apple awards, etc, and more passengers than you think do the same. There are always gonna be people complaining about you whether you are nice or mean- someone will always find some problem., but people will only give you commendations if you really stick out in their minds.

I say you might as well be nice and get those commendations, which I'm sure can help cancel out some of those annoying complaints if the MTA tried to bring a case against you.

I've gotten alot of commendations and those that stick out,For instance ,Jumping out my bus with a Fire ext. to put out a truck fire cuz this guy slammed into a pole in front of me coming in the opposite direction.

hmmmm another big 1 was from the GOV. yes A Gov. commendation for my quick action on helping this old lady ......And guess what....With my outstanding record ,It don't mean JACK when you get into something ,However I am glad to hear your doing the right thing so carry on.

And guess what....With my outstanding record ,It don't mean JACK when you get into something ,However I am glad to hear your doing the right thing so carry on.

Lol, oh well. I hoped the positives would help, but what can you do. Btw, which governor gave you that commendation? Sounds pretty cool!

I've gotten alot of commendations and those that stick out,For instance ,Jumping out my bus with a Fire ext. to put out a truck fire cuz this guy slammed into a pole in front of me coming in the opposite direction.

hmmmm another big 1 was from the GOV. yes A Gov. commendation for my quick action on helping this old lady ......And guess what....With my outstanding record ,It don't mean JACK when you get into something ,However I am glad to hear your doing the right thing so carry on.

It's the old saying.....a million "attaboys" get wiped out with one "oh shit"!

Archived