Huge mess tonight at LI Bus!

PinePower

It's not like I'm suprised but I figured I'd share my observations with you on the very last day of service under the (MTA).

Though it seems the (MTA) left awhile ago. I was told 50% of the buses never went out today, and my observations seem to back that up. Of course what route you took had alot to do with it. While I didn't see too many missing N22s, there were ALOT of N15s that didn't show. I actually saw three N15's in a row that never pulled out of Roosevelt Field this evening (5:15pm, 5:35pm, and 5:50pm). In addition to that there was only one bus operating on the entire length of the N27 today (normally there are 3) so there was a THREE HOUR WAIT for the N27 today.

I had arrived at Roosevelt Field at 4:30pm (the N35 seem to running fine) and wound up waiting till 6pm for the N27. But others told me the 3:57p never showed either. I was expecting a crush loaded bus when it showed, but it wasn't overly crowded, just a few standees. I guess many riders gave up.

Then later on around 8pm at RF there were huge mobs of people waiting for the N27 as well as the N22 and N24 to Jamaica. I broke the bad news to the people waiting for the N27 that was supposed to leave at 7:57pm was not going to come and they'd have to wait for the 8:57p, the last bus. That bus was probably a mob scene. And of course no dispatchers anywhere in sight today.

There were also plenty of cabs around trying to capatalize on the situation. We'll see what NICE brings tomorrow...

Because the MTA's transferring operation to Veolia tomorrow, I'm not surprised by this ridiculous mess. It was also really bad last night while waiting for the N4 at Lynbrook. They're supposed to come rather frequently, about one every ten minutes, but one didn't come for almost 45 minutes. It royally pissed me off.

And I feel really sorry for those waiting for the N27, especially since there were supposed to be three buses instead of one today. NYE service is an absolute mess. Like you, PinePower, I also hope NICE provides better service tomorrow and on Monday.

Because the MTA's transferring operation to Veolia tomorrow, I'm not surprised by this ridiculous mess. It was also really bad last night while waiting for the N4 at Lynbrook. They're supposed to come rather frequently, about one every ten minutes, but one didn't come for almost 45 minutes. It royally pissed me off.

And I feel really sorry for those waiting for the N27, especially since there were supposed to be three buses instead of one today. NYE service is an absolute mess. Like you, PinePower, I also hope NICE provides better service tomorrow and on Monday.

I agree also. I plan to get bus schedules tomorrow before I go on SBS Buses in Manhattan.

Weekday NICE begins on Tuesday, right?

Well, at least you didn't get flagged. I'd be pissed if I had to wait 45 minutes just to see a packed bus go by.

It's not like I'm suprised but I figured I'd share my observations with you on the very last day of service under the (MTA).

Though it seems the (MTA) left awhile ago. I was told 50% of the buses never went out today, and my observations seem to back that up. Of course what route you took had alot to do with it. While I didn't see too many missing N22s, there were ALOT of N15s that didn't show. I actually saw three N15's in a row that never pulled out of Roosevelt Field this evening (5:15pm, 5:35pm, and 5:50pm). In addition to that there was only one bus operating on the entire length of the N27 today (normally there are 3) so there was a THREE HOUR WAIT for the N27 today.

I had arrived at Roosevelt Field at 4:30pm (the N35 seem to running fine) and wound up waiting till 6pm for the N27. But others told me the 3:57p never showed either. I was expecting a crush loaded bus when it showed, but it wasn't overly crowded, just a few standees. I guess many riders gave up.

Then later on around 8pm at RF there were huge mobs of people waiting for the N27 as well as the N22 and N24 to Jamaica. I broke the bad news to the people waiting for the N27 that was supposed to leave at 7:57pm was not going to come and they'd have to wait for the 8:57p, the last bus. That bus was probably a mob scene. And of course no dispatchers anywhere in sight today.

There were also plenty of cabs around trying to capatalize on the situation. We'll see what NICE brings tomorrow...

WOW so glad I decided to use SCT instead on that day!!!!!! SCT was very nice to me took me everywhere and to the LIRR the transfers were timed!!!!

In addition to that there was only one bus operating on the entire length of the N27 today (normally there are 3) so there was a THREE HOUR WAIT for the N27 today.

That's definitely a situation where Bus Time would have helped.

Well, at least you didn't get flagged. I'd be pissed if I had to wait 45 minutes just to see a packed bus go by.

I second that!

I went to LI today to see how NICE would cooperate. I took the N4 from Jamaica Center to Freeport, which was okay. The N19 towards Babylon came 7 minutes late, in which I missed my connection to the N71 at the Sunrise so I had to wait for the N55 to go to Hempstead, in which the N55 left on time. I then took the N6 to Jamaica and it left 5 minutes early. So far in Schedules I have NICE schedules of the N6,N19,N54/N55,and the N48/N49. I found MTA Schedules of the N46/N47 and N78/N79, when I thought were all thrown out. So far for me NICE is on my nice side.

I went to LI today to see how NICE would cooperate. I took the N4 from Jamaica Center to Freeport, which was okay. The N19 towards Babylon came 7 minutes late, in which I missed my connection to the N71 at the Sunrise so I had to wait for the N55 to go to Hempstead, in which the N55 left on time. I then took the N6 to Jamaica and it left 5 minutes early. So far in Schedules I have NICE schedules of the N6,N19,N54/N55,and the N48/N49. I found MTA Schedules of the N46/N47 and N78/N79, when I thought were all thrown out. So far for me NICE is on my nice side.

How do you know the N6 left 5 minutes early?

Could it have been the previous interval leaving very late?

How do you know the N6 left 5 minutes early?

Could it have been the previous interval leaving very late?

There were no other relaying buses on the N6 lanes and no N6 buses came before the departure.The line also wouldnt be full. There were about 3-4 other people waiting in a line, when it's usually about 8-10 people. The bus left at 12:00 PM instead of 12:05 PM.

Archived