Volunteers needed to assist us in expanding "QM20" Express bus service to Lower Manhattan

Bounad Hanhic

First of all, thanks to all those who have volunteered. Our online petition is now available. Feel free to sign our petition and if you would like, as many signatures as you could. Especially those from Northeast Queens.

Link

Create a Wall Street branch on the QM20 Express Bus Petition

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, thanks to all those who have volunteered. Our online petition is now available. Feel free to sign our petition and if you would like, as many signatures as you could. Especially those from Northeast Queens.

Link

Create a Wall Street branch on the QM20 Express Bus Petition

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

LOL... I like that bit about needing a one seat ride. Don't bet on getting checkmate to sign it. He's constantly b*tching about how folks aren't entitled to "one-seat rides". You've got my support 110%! :tup:

Having accessible AND convenient transportation means that neighborhoods thrive and the business areas that folks work in thrive as well, but checkmate doesn't get it. People do not want to live in areas where it is a schlepp to get to them and just because they are far out doesn't mean that they shouldn't have reasonably priced, accessible AND convenient transportation. The solution isn't to tell people too bad move some where closer to transportation because there are only so many people that can move to areas with accessible transportation. The answer is to improve our transportation network and encourage MORE ridership to ALL neighborhoods across the city, even ones that are further out.

You would think that as someone with one of the longest commutes in the entire country that he would get that, but he's OBSESSED with costs and stats. :tdown:

I am proud to be signer #17... :cool: Let's keep the signatures coming!!

LOL... I like that bit about needing a one seat ride. Don't bet on getting checkmate to sign it. He's constantly b*tching about how folks aren't entitled to "one-seat rides". You've got my support 110%! :tup:

Having accessible AND convenient transportation means that neighborhoods thrive and the business areas that folks work in thrive as well, but checkmate doesn't get it. People do not want to live in areas where it is a schlepp to get to them and just because they are far out doesn't mean that they shouldn't have reasonably priced, accessible AND convenient transportation. The solution isn't to tell people too bad move some where closer to transportation because there are only so many people that can move to areas with accessible transportation. The answer is to improve our transportation network and encourage MORE ridership to ALL neighborhoods across the city, even ones that are further out.

You would think that as someone with one of the longest commutes in the entire country that he would get that, but he's OBSESSED with costs and stats. :tdown:

I am proud to be signer #17... :cool: Let's keep the signatures coming!!

Yeah, that's right. It's not your God-given right to have a one-seat ride (which is a real term, not something I made up).

And yeah, if there's enough ridership for an extension, I support it, but if not, then no. Yeah, it would be very nice if we could all have convenient, accessable, affordable transportation, but if the ridership isn't there, then you're going to have to give up one or more of those factors.

And my personal commute isn't the longest in the country. I can get to school in 25 minutes on a good day, door-to-door. On a bad day, it's 45 minutes.

And having the longest commute in the country is no big deal. It doesn't necessarily mean any kind of failing on the part of the transit agency. A lot of it has to do with distance. The average commute in SI is 41 minutes (and for NYC overall, it's something like 39 minutes). To get from my neighborhood to Midtown on the X17J is 45 minutes on the bus alone, so you could run super-frequent service and have buses running down every street, but it's not going to bring it down below 41 minutes.

There was an article on capntransit.blogspot.com, where he mentioned that the average transit commute from Dutchess County is something like 81 minutes, and the average car commute is around 30 minutes. Does that mean that the transit is crappy if it takes almost 3 times as long? No, because if you drove from Dutchess County to Manhattan, it would take longer than Metro-North. As he described it, "it's an inherent feature of a market transit happens to serve well". (And we know a lot of those transit commuters are going to Manhattan because the transit to Manhattan is better than the local transit, and also the median income is higher for transit users than drivers, and we know it's not because of Dutchess LOOP).

For the record, that doesn't mean I oppose the extension, though. Unlike you, I'm not going to blindly sign it just because it would add more express bus service in an area you know nothing about. I just have to study it a little bit to see if I think it's needed. Without looking at a map, I think it's redundant to have the QM2 and QM20 both serve Midtown, so one of them probably should serve Downtown, so I guess it makes sense.

Yeah, that's right. It's not your God-given right to have a one-seat ride (which is a real term, not something I made up).

And yeah, if there's enough ridership for an extension, I support it, but if not, then no.

And my personal commute isn't the longest in the country. I can get to school in 25 minutes on a good day, door-to-door. On a bad day, it's 45 minutes

That doesn't mean I oppose the extension, though.

Yeah, that's within Staten Island NOT going to the city which was what most Staten Islanders have to do. On a good day my commute to Riverdale from my office in Midtown is 30 minutes, so taking 25 minutes on a good day to travel within Staten Island from where you're coming from is pretty pathetic. Shows you how that buses can AND are valuable. :cool:

Yeah just like you support rail service constantly even though it is limited and costly to taxpayers. :tdown::tdown:

Yeah, that's within Staten Island NOT going to the city which was what most Staten Islanders have to do. On a good day my commute to Riverdale from my office in Midtown is 30 minutes, so taking 25 minutes on a good day to travel within Staten Island from where you're coming from is pretty pathetic. Shows you how that buses can AND are valuable. :cool:

Yeah just like you support rail service constantly even though it is limited and costly to taxpayers. :tdown::tdown:

I revised my post with the explanation.

And the 25 minutes is because it's a relatively short trip. It involves a half a mile of walking to reach the bus stop and about 1/4 - 1/2 mile of walking on the other end. That's 10-15 minutes of walking right there. The actual time I spend on the bus is roughly 10 minutes, so the rest is waiting and walking.

And you just don't get it. Yes I want rail service, but not necessarily at the expense of bus service. As in, I would cut empty runs to help fund a rail line, but I wouldn't have buses running crowded and infrequently. Rail service is cheaper over the long term so I don't get this BS about "costly to taxpayers", unless you're going all the way out in the boondocks.

I revised my post with the explanation.

And the 25 minutes is because it's a relatively short trip. It involves a half a mile of walking to reach the bus stop and about 1/4 - 1/2 mile of walking on the other end. That's 10-15 minutes of walking right there. The actual time I spend on the bus is roughly 10 minutes, so the rest is waiting and walking.

And you just don't get it. Yes I want rail service, but not necessarily at the expense of bus service. As in, I would cut empty runs to help fund a rail line, but I wouldn't have buses running crowded and infrequently. Rail service is cheaper over the long term so I don't get this BS about "costly to taxpayers", unless you're going all the way out in the boondocks.

It's generally cheaper "over the long run", but you refuse to see the problems with rail service. Not only is it costly to get off of the ground, but the overruns for rail service can be in the millions easily as we're seeing with the SAS, so your constant praising of rail service and how it's cheaper in the long run doesn't wash with me because you have to put up a sh*t load at the beginning and find the funds if there are overruns, which by the way us taxpayers get stuck with. Meanwhile, buses are a lot cheaper to start up, can be eliminated and re-instated cheaper and can be re-routed easier if there is a problem.

As for your argument for rail being so much faster, well the fact of the matter is that the subways are becoming SLOWER and SLOWER, not faster, so this thinking that rails is the answer is just not the case. I thought I'd put that out there since you and quagmire are always talking about buses sitting in traffic and being subject to traffic, as if trains are so fast these days here in NYC. They sit in traffic too (train traffic) and I've noticed that it takes longer and longer for me to get to certain destinations over the years via train. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :D :cool:

It's generally cheaper "over the long run", but you refuse to see the problems with rail service. Not only is it costly to get off of the ground, but the overruns for rail service can be in the millions easily as we're seeing with the SAS, so your constant praising of rail service and how it's cheaper in the long run doesn't wash with me because you have to put up a sh*t load at the beginning and find the funds if there are overruns, which by the way us taxpayers get stuck with. Meanwhile, buses are a lot cheaper to start up, can be eliminated and re-instated cheaper and can be re-routed easier if there is a problem.

As for your argument for rail being so much faster, well the fact of the matter is that the subways are becoming SLOWER and SLOWER, not faster, so this thinking that rails is the answer is just not the case. I thought I'd put that out there since you and quagmire are always talking about buses sitting in traffic and being subject to traffic, as if trains are so fast these days here in NYC. They sit in traffic too (train traffic) and I've noticed that it takes longer and longer for me to get to certain destinations over the years via train. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :D :cool:

The subways are becoming slower, but they're still faster than the bus system. Yes, I know trains get stuck in traffic (I remember I was a little kid, and I said "What does congestion mean?" and my mother said traffic, and I said "Trains can't get stuck in traffic. Only cars can"). Obviously, I don't think like that any more.

And yes, I know rail can have overruns, but that still doesn't refute my point. You act like I'm proposing trains out into the middle of nowhere. All the areas where I'd like to see train service already have bus service, so I don't see your point. It's not like I'm saying "Let's cut this bus route and then 5 years later we'll replace it with a train".

The subways are becoming slower, but they're still faster than the bus system. Yes, I know trains get stuck in traffic (I remember I was a little kid, and I said "What does congestion mean?" and my mother said traffic, and I said "Trains can't get stuck in traffic. Only cars can"). Obviously, I don't think like that any more.

LOL... They're not always faster though and that's my point. You should try telling quagmire that. He swears up and down by trains as if they're gold talking about how if you're looking for speed you don't take the bus. Well he should take my BxM18 at night and he'd see speed. :cool: I'm sure some of the QM20s move well too.

LOL... They're not always faster though and that's my point. You should try telling quagmire that. He swears up and down by trains as if they're gold talking about how if you're looking for speed you don't take the bus. Well he should take my BxM18 at night and he'd see speed. :cool: I'm sure some of the QM20s move well too.

He never said "Don't take the bus" if you're looking for speed. He just said "Don't take the Manhattan local bus", which is true.

For instance, he talks about how routes out in the suburbs are mostly fast (and that includes SI to an extent), but to get out to LI for instance, he said the LIRR is much faster than taking any bus. And he said most express bus routes are fast as well.

It all depends on how well the infrastructure is designed. For instance, B35 talks about how sometimes people get off at Church Avenue and take the B44 instead of going all the way to Flatbush Avenue whenever there's congestion. That's an example of the infrastructure favoring buses because the terminal was designed stupidly. If you have a bus in an HOV lane vs. a local train, the bus will probably win.

He never said "Don't take the bus" if you're looking for speed. He just said "Don't take the Manhattan local bus", which is true. For instance, he talks about how routes out in the suburbs are mostly fast (and that includes SI to an extent), but to get out to LI for instance, he said the LIRR is much faster than taking any bus. And he said most express bus routes are fast as well.

Oh please... When he first come here he did nothing but slam buses talking about how trains were faster and provided "speed". I've read enough of his posts to speak with confidence about his ignorance when it comes to buses. For all of his talk about buses being slow, he constantly proposes ideas that would make buses SLOWER. :D

Oh please... When he first come here he did nothing but slam buses talking about how trains were faster and provided "speed". I've read enough of his posts to speak with confidence about his ignorance when it comes to buses. For all of his talk about buses being slow, he constantly proposes ideas that would make buses SLOWER. :D

Oh please yourself. And I can probably find posts where he specifically mentions buses being fast. I'm not defending his ideas, but he never said anything about all buses being slower the trains. I remember on another forum, he talked about Lakeland Bus being much faster to the Morristown area than taking the Morris & Essex Line, and he keeps on mentioning how there are buses that do have "speed". He's never commented on express buses being slow, and in that thread about the S46 to the Teleport, he talks about how some SI routes are fast.

Oh please yourself. And I can probably find posts where he specifically mentions buses being fast. I'm not defending his ideas, but he never said anything about all buses being slower the trains. I remember on another forum, he talked about Lakeland Bus being much faster to the Morristown area than taking the Morris & Essex Line, and he keeps on mentioning how there are buses that do have "speed". He's never commented on express buses being slow, and in that thread about the S46 to the Teleport, he talks about how some SI routes are fast.

Are you kidding me?? Now you're talking utter BS. He's talked about quite a few express routes being slow. He harps endlessly on the QM3 and talks about how it's faster to take the LIRR. His recent "change of heart" for buses is just that... Recent. Before then he was always slamming buses. :tdown::tdown:

Are you kidding me?? Now you're talking utter BS. He's talked about quite a few express routes being slow. He harps endlessly on the QM3 and talks about how it's faster to take the LIRR. His recent "change of heart" for buses is just that... Recent. Before then he was always slamming buses. :tdown::tdown:

He only mentioned routes being slower than the LIRR (or MNRR), if they actually parallelled the LIRR (and don't bring up any crap about the BxM1/2/18 because those can't be considered to parallel the MNRR).

If he was always slamming buses, why would he make a bunch of "plans" about them? As crazy as his ideas may seem, I doubt he's actually purposely trying to make buses slower.

He only mentioned routes being slower than the LIRR (or MNRR), if they actually parallelled the LIRR (and don't bring up any crap about the BxM1/2/18 because those can't be considered to parallel the MNRR).

If he was always slamming buses, why would he make a bunch of "plans" about them? As crazy as his ideas may seem, I doubt he's actually purposely trying to make buses slower.

The point is you said he never said anything about express buses being slow which is a LIE! LOL... His ideas seem crazy, but yet you know whether or not he's purposely trying to make buses slower? You're in his head now?? :confused:

The point is you said he never said anything about express buses being slow which is a LIE! LOL... His ideas seem crazy, but yet you know whether or not he's purposely trying to make buses slower? You're in his head now?? :confused:

Alright. So all express buses are slow because the QM3 is slow, all local buses are slow because the M23 is slow, and all trains are slow because the (R) is slow.

I'm not going to remember every single quote he said. So he said a few routes were slow, but that's far from "quite a few express routes being slow".

Alright. So all express buses are slow because the QM3 is slow, all local buses are slow because the M23 is slow, and all trains are slow because the (R) is slow.

I'm not going to remember every single quote he said. So he said a few routes were slow, but that's far from "quite a few express routes being slow".

You're right that you're going to remember every post, which is exactly why you don't go talking with certainty about things that you're not sure about. You're defending him on something that you're wrong about. Just admit it and move on and stop with this all express buses nonsense. I was very specific in my post about what was discussed, so don't go adding things that I didn't say as usual. :tdown:

You're right that you're going to remember every post, which is exactly why you don't go talking with certainty about things that you're not sure about. You're defending him on something that you're wrong about. Just admit it and move on and stop with this all express buses nonsense. I was very specific in my post about what was discussed, so don't go adding things that I didn't say as usual. :tdown:

And I do specifically remember him saying that most express buses weren't slow, but I'm not going to go searching for that post.

The same way you love twisting my words around, right?

And I do specifically remember him saying that most express buses weren't slow, but I'm not going to go searching for that post.

The same way you love twisting my words around, right?

LOL... Hell he's even talked about express buses being slow in this thread, so you don't need to search very far to negate your comment. ;)

LOL... Hell he's even talked about express buses being slow in this thread, so you don't need to search very far to negate your comment. ;)

I only found 2 comments of his. They're both on page 5 and none of them talked about express buses being slow.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=531937&postcount=70

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532959&postcount=75

I only found 2 comments of his. They're both on page 5 and none of them talked about express buses being slow.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=531937&postcount=70

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532959&postcount=75

Oh my apologies wrong thread, but he's gone on and on about "speed" in so many threads... Here's a bit of one of his posts:

"Those ppl would rather use local bus to MNRR at marble hill cause unlike those failures called express bus they don't deal with MAJOR FAILWAY 87!!!! They move something he seems to not understand. The only way you will see me on BXM2 Is if it were rerouted to henry hudson for SPEED southbound via inwood due to clearances northbound to 231st last exit for buses to safely leave without low bridges."

Now you can quit with the he's not arguing about express buses being slow line... That's two different express bus lines that I've pointed out as examples... QM3, BxM2... Actually more when you consider that he's referring to at least the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18, since all three routes switch off and use different ways to get to the city aside from the regular routes.

He never said "Don't take the bus" if you're looking for speed. He just said "Don't take the Manhattan local bus", which is true.

For instance, he talks about how routes out in the suburbs are mostly fast (and that includes SI to an extent), but to get out to LI for instance, he said the LIRR is much faster than taking any bus. And he said most express bus routes are fast as well.

It all depends on how well the infrastructure is designed. For instance, B35 talks about how sometimes people get off at Church Avenue and take the B44 instead of going all the way to Flatbush Avenue whenever there's congestion. That's an example of the infrastructure favoring buses because the terminal was designed stupidly. If you have a bus in an HOV lane vs. a local train, the bus will probably win.

Couldn't say it better my self MANHATTAN LOCAL BUSES ARE TOO SLOW TO BOTHER WITH NOT ALL BUSES IN GENERAL!!!!! GET IT RIGHT.

Oh please... When he first come here he did nothing but slam buses talking about how trains were faster and provided "speed". I've read enough of his posts to speak with confidence about his ignorance when it comes to buses. For all of his talk about buses being slow, he constantly proposes ideas that would make buses SLOWER. ;)
NOT EVEN CLOSE you know absolutely nothing about me my plans when LINKED to the subway network and major hubs and even MNRR/LIRR travel time on transit decreases enough to compete with cars in terms of SPEED. I TRY TO LINK BUSES with trains and other lines to create a unique identity for each line I modify. Sometimes adding multiple potential uses for the route plus HOV cancels out traffic in 2 of my plans.

your wasting time he is unable to tell the difference between different bus systems. you are almost reading my mind.

Oh my apologies wrong thread, but he's gone on and on about "speed" in so many threads... Here's a bit of one of his posts:

"Those ppl would rather use local bus to MNRR at marble hill cause unlike those failures called express bus they don't deal with MAJOR FAILWAY 87!!!! They move something he seems to not understand. The only way you will see me on BXM2 Is if it were rerouted to henry hudson for SPEED southbound via inwood due to clearances northbound to 231st last exit for buses to safely leave without low bridges."

Now you can quit with the he's not arguing about express buses being slow line... That's two different express bus lines that I've pointed out as examples... QM3, BxM2... Actually more when you consider that he's referring to at least the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18, since all three routes switch off and use different ways to get to the city aside from the regular routes.

Bxm1 and 18 have unique identities. I said the midtown stops slowed down the 18 for no reason while being contradictory to it's primary function GETTING PPL TO DOWNTOWN!!!! what you fail to realize is that ALL EXPRESS BUSES ARE NOT EQUAL!!!! I argue that SELECT EXPRESS ROUTES ARE SLOW NOT ALL look at the indirect routing of bxm2 you can't tell me that isn't slow. Qm3 DUPLICATES LIRR you dont hear me bashing x1 or x28 or bxm7 you know why cause they are NOT USELESS!!!! QM3 I only changed my mind cause LIRR HAS NO REVERSE SERVICE!!! A weakness that can be exploited to increase ridership on QM3 and make it useful same with x63/QM21 but forget off peak service the LIRR dominates!!! If bxm2 used the henry hudson it will GAIN ridership due to reduced travel time even bus OPs AGREE with me!!!!! The main focus in ALL my proposals is to ELIMINATE SERVICE GAPS and improve connectivity. Most include streamlining and mergers. And if you saw my city plans they share the same concept link hubs together and create links that the subway network can't link. major hubs near highways utilizing existing routes. LI east and NJ merge routes and create new long distance links with transfer points to maximize trip generators. If I actually laid it out in full you will look very FOOLISH

Couldn't say it better my self MANHATTAN LOCAL BUSES ARE TOO SLOW TO BOTHER WITH NOT ALL BUSES IN GENERAL!!!!! GET IT RIGHT.

NOT EVEN CLOSE you know absolutely nothing about me my plans when LINKED to the subway network and major hubs and even MNRR/LIRR travel time on transit decreases enough to compete with cars in terms of SPEED. I TRY TO LINK BUSES with trains and other lines to create a unique identity for each line I modify. Sometimes adding multiple potential uses for the route plus HOV cancels out traffic in 2 of my plans.

What plans?? More like hot air...

your wasting time he is unable to tell the difference between different bus systems. you are almost reading my mind.

Last I checked, the express buses are under (MTA) Bus or NYCT. Nuff said.

Bxm1 and 18 have unique identities. I said the midtown stops slowed down the 18 for no reason while being contradictory to it's primary function GETTING PPL TO DOWNTOWN!!!! what you fail to realize is that ALL EXPRESS BUSES ARE NOT EQUAL!!!! I argue that SELECT EXPRESS ROUTES ARE SLOW NOT ALL look at the indirect routing of bxm2 you can't tell me that isn't slow. Qm3 DUPLICATES LIRR you dont hear me bashing x1 or x28 or bxm7 you know why cause they are NOT USELESS!!!! QM3 I only changed my mind cause LIRR HAS NO REVERSE SERVICE!!! A weakness that can be exploited to increase ridership on QM3 and make it useful same with x63/QM21 but forget off peak service the LIRR dominates!!! If bxm2 used the henry hudson it will GAIN ridership due to reduced travel time even bus OPs AGREE with me!!!!! The main focus in ALL my proposals is to ELIMINATE SERVICE GAPS and improve connectivity. Most include streamlining and mergers. And if you saw my city plans they share the same concept link hubs together and create links that the subway network can't link. major hubs near highways utilizing existing routes. LI east and NJ merge routes and create new long distance links with transfer points to maximize trip generators. If I actually laid it out in full you will look very FOOLISH

And I take the BxM18 from Midtown every night during the week and I beg to differ. The BxM2 is as fast if not faster than the BxM1, so you're wrong yet again. What you fail to realize is understanding why the BxM1, BxM2, and the BxM18 go where they do. A large amount of folks in Riverdale work in MIDTOWN. Not only that but there is also a big connection to the Upper East and Upper West Side, hence why the express buses to Riverdale go where they do.

As for the BxM2, it does fine on its own because of the Upper West Side connection to Riverdale. The BxM1 reigns in Riverdale because of its connection to the Upper East Side. With that said however, the BxM2 still holds its own and I use both express buses equally. Nuff said.

And I take the BxM18 from Midtown every night during the week and I beg to differ. The BxM2 is as fast if not faster than the BxM1, so you're wrong yet again. What you fail to realize is understanding why the BxM1, BxM2, and the BxM18 go where they do. A large amount of folks in Riverdale work in MIDTOWN. Not only that but there is also a big connection to the Upper East and Upper West Side, hence why the express buses to Riverdale go where they do.

As for the BxM2, it does fine on its own because of the Upper West Side connection to Riverdale. The BxM1 reigns in Riverdale because of its connection to the Upper East Side. With that said however, the BxM2 still holds its own and I use both express buses equally. Nuff said.

What he's saying (and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing) is that he the BxM2's route to Midtown is too indirect. He thinks that instead of going to the UES and then going across Central Park, a better way would be to take the Henry Hudson Parkway (and presumably get off at 96th Street to serve the UWS). The BxM1 would remain as is, and presumably the BxM2 would continue to serve the UWS (rather than get off the HHP closer to Midtown)

What he's saying (and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing) is that he the BxM2's route to Midtown is too indirect. He thinks that instead of going to the UES and then going across Central Park, a better way would be to take the Henry Hudson Parkway (and presumably get off at 96th Street to serve the UWS). The BxM1 would remain as is, and presumably the BxM2 would continue to serve the UWS (rather than get off the HHP closer to Midtown)

I know what he's saying. No need to repeat it. It's pretty clear. The routing is fine the way it is and the reason is because whoever did the BxM1 and BxM2 routing understands where the ridership comes from. Most folks that use the BxM2 are either coming from work in West Midtown but by the 5th or 6th Avenue area, or coming from shopping or seeing a show, so the stops that it makes are more than appropriate for that reason. I have no quarrels with the routing of either route. The frequencies are also just fine and are set up that way purposely so that you'll have access to the city to make transfers with either route should you for some reason miss the one route you need or need to get further Downtown.

You have to remember the type of folks who live in Riverdale. Educated upper class and upper middle class folks and they like to shop, see shows and all of that. Many of the women that get off immediately start window shopping as soon as they get off of the bus. The BxM2 stops by important places like Lincoln Center, shopping centers (i.e. 6th & 34th), museums along Fifth Avenue and by Central Park West and so on and these are the types of places that folks in Riverdale go to, including myself. I like going to the MoMA (have a membership there and am a donor as well), and a few other museums further up on 5th Avenue, as well a few movie theatres on the Upper West Side by Lincoln Center and also do shopping on the Upper West and Upper East Side, so I've used the BxM2 at several different points along its route. I usually like dining in West Midtown too when I go to the MoMA, so the BxM2 works out perfectly.

The same thing is true of the BxM1. You have folks either shopping on the Upper East Side, seeing friends that live there or going to work in Midtown, or they have a residence there. The thing is that the Upper East Side connection is stronger in Riverdale, but don't think for a minute that we shun the Upper West Side. I enjoy the area and spend a good deal of time there, as it too is affluent and offers great restaurants and shopping.

Archived