NYPD Using NYCT Buses for Arrests Again

MHV9218

Excuses, excuses, excuses. If you don't like cops then keep your comments to yourself. NYPD cops and other cops in general risk there lives everyday and yet people like you who say F--K the police is just disrespectful.

Here's the thing; there are good cops and then there are not-so-good cops, and then from what I can tell there are situations in which every cop turns into a not-so-good cop. Put 'em within ten feet of a protest and it's back to the '60s we go complete with the gratuitous beatings (as evidenced by the cracks in 6694's window; how f---ing hard do you have to slam someone's head into a window to do that?), pepper-spraying of the elderly, and whatever else they think they can get away with. They're treating civil disobedience and politicized dissent as if it's organized crime, and as far as I'm concerned that's both totally unacceptable and as much of an institutional issue as a problem with any particular police officer (although there are a few rather egregious examples of individual cops crossing the line).

As far as I'm concerned the requisitioning of buses for anything other than a legitimate organized crime bust needs to end now, and whoever replaces Bloomberg this coming winter needs to lay down the law with the NYPD about civil rights in general. Stop and Frisk, however effective it may or may not be, needs to end. No warrant, no search; if things are really that much of an issue then talk to a judge about the constitutionality of getting a search warrant for traffic at a particular checkpoint during a time period of 24 hours or less. Behaving like Bull Connor when you have to deal with protesters is unacceptable, as is beating people on their way to jail, or bouncing them from precinct to precinct so that their lawyer can't find them. This complaint isn't even really about the merits of Occupy Wall Street; even if you disagree with them they still have civil rights just like the rest of us and it's not OK to infringe on those rights simply because you feel like it.

Man seeing that clip really isn't cool.

I standby my 50/50 with cops. 50% of them are messed up, and the others are the good ones. The bad ones DONT deserve to be a cop. Maybe some of you support all cops, but one day you will feel the heat when you have to deal with the wrong cop, then you know how it feels.

The cops i respect are ONLY the ones who don't harass, are not racist and follow by the law.

Thank you, Again like I said a few post back, There are bad apples in the NYPD but some of them do there job well, but I do agree that there is corruption and bad practice in the NYPD, That need to be fix.

Here's the thing; there are good cops and then there are not-so-good cops, and then from what I can tell there are situations in which every cop turns into a not-so-good cop. Put 'em within ten feet of a protest and it's back to the '60s we go complete with the gratuitous beatings (as evidenced by the cracks in 6694's window; how f---ing hard do you have to slam someone's head into a window to do that?), pepper-spraying of the elderly, and whatever else they think they can get away with. They're treating civil disobedience and politicized dissent as if it's organized crime, and as far as I'm concerned that's both totally unacceptable and as much of an institutional issue as a problem with any particular police officer (although there are a few rather egregious examples of individual cops crossing the line).

So true.

Because you don't know how it feels when you walking home and one of these pigs stop you and throw you in jail for a crime you didn't even commit a block away from your home , Im fed up with people kissing the NYPD's ass, they are nothing but racist pigs who like to pray on innocent minorities.

Go though what i went though and tell me how it feels, until then shut up

Sorry to hear what you have been throw and Your right I don't know how it feels, but you shouldn't generalize all cops as crazy racist pigs on one or two experiences, I got mugged twice by black guys, do I think all black people are bunch of N-word m---ey robbers ? no.

Sorry to hear what you have been throw and Your right I don't know how it feels, but you shouldn't generalize all cops as crazy racist pigs on one or two experiences, I got mugged twice by black guys, do I think all black people are bunch of N-word m---ey robbers ? no.

Exactly, I won't deny I usually stay away from a crowd of black school kids because I have no idea what sort of shit they are going to do (one time I saw a group throw rocks at a person's house and run away and another time some older kids stopped me 'asking for some money' before I made my way across the street to get away). The problem isn't just the cops, it's the people themselves that weren't raised right and make their community look bad. But that doesn't mean I think all black people are bad or all cops are good.

As for these protests, I stand by what I said, some of those people are using this protest as an excuse to act like douchebags (death threats against the cops on twitter, punching cops...). And they've turned what should've been a decent movement into f'ing up the downtown area and making themselves the news. How does that get the word out on being against the big corporations or the government who's policies contributed to this mess? Target the real criminals responsible, not the average citizen trying to get by.

Exactly, I won't deny I usually stay away from a crowd of black school kids because I have no idea what sort of shit they are going to do (one time I saw a group throw rocks at a person's house and run away and another time some older kids stopped me 'asking for some money' before I made my way across the street to get away). The problem isn't just the cops, it's the people themselves that weren't raised right and make their community look bad. But that doesn't mean I think all black people are bad or all cops are good.

Again don't generalize, neighborhood parents or guardian should take control of what young kids are doing in the streets and If you see crime in your neighborhood report it. don't keep it to yourself. am sick and tried of this Stop Snitchin mentality that's been Plaguing the black community.

As for these protests, I stand by what I said, some of those people are using this protest as an excuse to act like douchebags (death threats against the cops on twitter, punching cops...). And they've turned what should've been a decent movement into f'ing up the downtown area and making themselves the news. How does that get the word out on being against the big corporations or the government who's policies contributed to this mess? Target the real criminals responsible, not the average citizen trying to get by.

That's democracy for you, love or hate it.

You get Douchebag in every protest's

Yes, I do agree with the fact that some cops are good and some are not.

But what cop would break a girls ribs and still arrest her?? Thats just abuse. And those Occupy wall st. people are innocent, even know I hate the movement.

You mean aren't innocent* and yes that is my point the protest is out of control and both sides are to blame. Cops have to arrest the scum, but it doesn't justify excessive force. It has nothing to do with the other stuff they've done, that's a different issue.

Again don't generalize, neighborhood parents or guardian should take control of what young kids are doing in the streets and If you see crime in your neighborhood report it. don't keep it to yourself. am sick and tried of this Stop Snitchin mentality that's been Plaguing the black community.

Generalize what? I see this kind of out of control behavior anytime I'm on the street/bus around 3pm when school is out. There are no parents around to 'correct them'. The kids are basically set lose on the general public like the plague they are.

Who says I keep it to myself? Even if I did report it to the cops, I have no proof as I'm not taking my camera out to snap a blurry pic of the perps and making myself the target. My point is if parents just dumped their kids off at school as an excuse to not raise them properly, then they have no right to have children at all (for welfare checks).

I'd watch out on saying that, since it COULD offend people who are black, but may not be like this.

Remember its not only blacks, its a wide range of race out there. Whites, Latino, Asians, etc. Yeah there is a higher number of blacks and latinos (Not all of them) who causes problems, but that doesn't mean only them.

This is why racial profiling has got to stop.

If we can reduce crime in the city, I'm sure we can also help reduce the NYPD from abusing there power.

I understand where you coming from, but like mark said its not only blacks that act stupid, cops like to go on innocent people that don't commit crimes, even though they still do lock up the real criminals they also like to just lock up whoever they see walking, thats not a good thing, i don't like the fact that i have to see my own race act like retards but I'm not one of them, i don't like being profiled because of my race, thats just wrong, i don't even look like a criminal, but thats why i lost my respect for them, even the good cops are forced to act like ********, because if they don't they will loose their jobs

Let's just get a few facts straight. The Twitter post was made by a lone wolf in Florida who claimed to be joking anyway. That's not the Occupy movement, that's some jerkoff sitting in mom's basement in Florida. Secondly, I've been to many, many OWS protests and all violence I've witnessed has been from cops unto protestors. I'm yet to see or hear of any instance in which protestors started violence with cops. In fact, they've been rather well-behaved considering the horrible crimes the cops have committed, where the protestors have not fought back (when they beat the girl into the seizure, pepper-sprayed the two women, etc.).

You mean aren't innocent* and yes that is my point the protest is out of control and both sides are to blame. Cops have to arrest the scum, but it doesn't justify excessive force. It has nothing to do with the other stuff they've done, that's a different issue.

ARE innocent. What crimes have they committed? You're aware the NYPD has literally funneled bums specifically into the Zuccotti area to make it appear that OWSers were causing trouble, and it took the protestors throwing them out to fix things. I don't know what scum you're talking about, because the only scum I see are the ones knocking women (WOMEN! not even men, women!) into seizures.

Next, you need to actually walk outside instead of just reading what the News and the Post tell you. The protest has not had a negative effect on the area -- in fact, it's the NYPD's decision to barricade a public park and turn Wall Street into a war zone that has actually hurt the area. I'm down there very frequently, and it sure isn't the protestors making things worse. If the NYPD really wanted OWS to die off, they'd leave them alone. But they fight and brutalize and start a war in the place of a peaceful movement, and that's what hurts businesses.

Let's just get a few facts straight. The Twitter post was made by a lone wolf in Florida who claimed to be joking anyway. That's not the Occupy movement, that's some jerkoff sitting in mom's basement in Florida. Secondly, I've been to many, many OWS protests and all violence I've witnessed has been from cops unto protestors. I'm yet to see or hear of any instance in which protestors started violence with cops. In fact, they've been rather well-behaved considering the horrible crimes the cops have committed, where the protestors have not fought back (when they beat the girl into the seizure, pepper-sprayed the two women, etc.).

ARE innocent. What crimes have they committed? You're aware the NYPD has literally funneled bums specifically into the Zuccotti area to make it appear that OWSers were causing trouble, and it took the protestors throwing them out to fix things. I don't know what scum you're talking about, because the only scum I see are the ones knocking women (WOMEN! not even men, women!) into seizures.

Next, you need to actually walk outside instead of just reading what the News and the Post tell you. The protest has not had a negative effect on the area -- in fact, it's the NYPD's decision to barricade a public park and turn Wall Street into a war zone that has actually hurt the area. I'm down there very frequently, and it sure isn't the protestors making things worse. If the NYPD really wanted OWS to die off, they'd leave them alone. But they fight and brutalize and start a war in the place of a peaceful movement, and that's what hurts businesses.

THANK YOU!!!, i agree 100%

All of you need to stop complaining because these guys put they're lives on the line everyday for worthless d**Che bags in this world, Same thing with the FDNY you say you hate them I hope they die but then you get shot at or are stuck in a building on fire or elevator you cry like a princess to get there help. The MTA complains that they lose millions of dollars because of fair beaters so The NYPD Has 3 Divisions That Take Care Of Them. 23 NYPD Cops and 37 PAPD Cops gave up there lives for you on 9/11 protecting you. They didn't care about there families and they are missed and all you see in NYC is cry babies. If you came from a family full of cops you would understand. Now if it was School Safety, Or Traffic Agents that's a different story cause everyone hates them.

All of you need to stop complaining because these guys put they're lives on the line everyday for worthless d**Che bags in this world, Same thing with the FDNY you say you hate them I hope they die but then you get shot at or are stuck in a building on fire or elevator you cry like a princess to get there help. The MTA complains that they lose millions of dollars because of fair beaters so The NYPD Has 3 Divisions That Take Care Of Them. 23 NYPD Cops and 37 PAPD Cops gave up there lives for you on 9/11 protecting you. They didn't care about there families and they are missed and all you see in NYC is cry babies. If you came from a family full of cops you would understand. Now if it was School Safety, Or Traffic Agents that's a different story cause everyone hates them.

PROTIP: Not all of us do.

I actually respect our firefighters, School Safety or Traffic cops haven't bothered me, so...

I'd watch out on saying that, since it COULD offend people who are black, but may not be like this.

Remember its not only blacks, its a wide range of race out there. Whites, Latino, Asians, etc. Yeah there is a higher number of blacks and latinos (Not all of them) who causes problems, but that doesn't mean only them.

This is why racial profiling has got to stop.

If we can reduce crime in the city, I'm sure we can also help reduce the NYPD from abusing there power.

I was only referring to the kids I see in my local neighborhood which is predominantly black. I am not saying it is localized to one race in particular and have never said what I have seen is a reflection of all people of one race. I just want to clear that up. If parents made their kids better behaved and there was an end to this ghetto culture crap, then maybe there won't be a need for racial profiling. And ftr I do not support racial profiling, but on the same coin people have to knock it off with the blanketed "I hate cops" mantra. There are problems on both sides.

I understand where you coming from, but like mark said its not only blacks that act stupid, cops like to go on innocent people that don't commit crimes, even though they still do lock up the real criminals they also like to just lock up whoever they see walking, thats not a good thing, i don't like the fact that i have to see my own race act like retards but I'm not one of them, i don't like being profiled because of my race, thats just wrong, i don't even look like a criminal, but thats why i lost my respect for them, even the good cops are forced to act like ********, because if they don't they will loose their jobs
And I don't support racial profiling either, unfortunately there are people that do stupid shit that makes an entire race the target of the police. But as i said to Mark, cops wouldn't have to do this if people in their own community banned together to clean up their own mess instead of the cops having to do patrols in those areas.

Ok, fine. No point in me saying anything otherwise.

*I think I'm done for this thread, I won't say anything more.

I know but you understand what I mean that they risk there life for us.

See my post on the second page. Neither I nor very many other people believe that all cops are lazy, brutal, and/or corrupt. The problem we have with the NYPD is that whether it means to or not the organization itself is currently egging on police brutality and invasiveness through things like Stop and Frisk and the general abuse of protesters. That's not good for anyone, be it the protesters bearing the brunt of the batons, the civilians who are starting to get more nervous around the police than around the actual criminals, or especially the good cops whose badges are now tarnished by the actions of the bad ones. The good cops are fully capable of protecting the people without resorting to some of the more blatant thuggery I've seen on Youtube since OWS started, and it's about time that the department started requiring all its people to operate that way.

The problem I have with the NYPD is that the organization in general has rather creatively redefined the First and Fourth Amendments along the lines of "If we like what you're doing or if you look a certain way, then we're going to allow you to exercise these rights this time. If, however, you're using your right to free speech to disagree with us, or we think you look sketchy, then you'd best pack it in right now before things get ugly." I'm sorry if you're offended, but that mentality is simply not acceptable. The police force has access to an entire range of tactics and responses that will allow them to do their jobs without crossing those lines, and brass needs to decide to remain within that range no matter how tempting it may be to do otherwise.

Archived