ALP-45DPs

TFNetwork

Written By: Neo3488

Time Written: Monday, 06 Feb 2012 06:51:27

Starting today, the ALP-45DP dual mode locomotives will start service on four trains in Northern Jersey: 1006 (Lake Hopatcong to Hoboken via Montclair State University), 808 (Lake Hopatcong to Hoboken via Summit), 1009 (Hoboken to Lake Hopatcong via MSU EXPRESS Newark Broad Street to MSU), and 855 (Hoboken to Mount Olive via Summit EXPRESS Newark Broad Street to Summit.

Many thanks to redarrow5591 for this information. Hopefully the engines will do well in revenue service. Check out the "ALP-45DP in test run" thread for more details!

Just got to find them. i remember that when double decker first came out and I wanted to jump on it so bad. I had to wait so long because the double decker was alway one train behind the train i was on.

9it was about an hour wait on the (NJCL)

• 4 weeks later...

Written By: Neo3488

Time Written: Monday, 06 Feb 2012 06:51:27

Starting today, the ALP-45DP dual mode locomotives will start service on four trains in Northern Jersey: 1006 (Lake Hopatcong to Hoboken via Montclair State University), 808 (Lake Hopatcong to Hoboken via Summit), 1009 (Hoboken to Lake Hopatcong via MSU EXPRESS Newark Broad Street to MSU), and 855 (Hoboken to Mount Olive via Summit EXPRESS Newark Broad Street to Summit.

Many thanks to redarrow5591 for this information. Hopefully the engines will do well in revenue service. Check out the "ALP-45DP in test run" thread for more details!

Just got to find them. i remember that when double decker first came out and I wanted to jump on it so bad. I had to wait so long because the double decker was alway one train behind the train i was on.

9it was about an hour wait on the (NJCL)

They are still doing testing as of now. Revenue service isn't supposed to start until late summer this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Late summer 2012. By then a large % will have been delivered hopefully. No one knows which trains they will be used on first.

- Andy

I wouldn't say no one knows, but it's mostly inside information for now. Best candidates for service are are the Port Jervis and the M&E / Boonton lines to and from Hackettstown. That's what I've been hearing so far.

I wouldn't say no one knows, but it's mostly inside information for now. Best candidates for service are are the Port Jervis and the M&E / Boonton lines to and from Hackettstown. That's what I've been hearing so far.

I doubt these would show up on the Port Jervis, but damn that would be nice for them to have a direct train to NY.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt these would show up on the Port Jervis, but damn that would be nice for them to have a direct train to NY.

But there's no physical track connection to NY from the Main Line yet :( The ARC plan had room for it but it was killed so now even with the gateway tunnel, we may never see a PJL or PVL train go direct to NY. Unless Amtrak throw a curve and gives NJT the rights to build the U-turn.

But there's no physical track connection to NY from the Main Line yet :( The ARC plan had room for it but it was killed so now even with the gateway tunnel, we may never see a PJL or PVL train go direct to NY. Unless Amtrak throw a curve and gives NJT the rights to build the U-turn.

Well there is still the RVL and NJCL Bay Head Service finally going to NYC. NJCL Passengers can get a one-seat ride from NY Penn Station to Bay Head when these things go into revenue service.

Well there is still the RVL and NJCL Bay Head Service finally going to NYC. NJCL Passengers can get a one-seat ride from NY Penn Station to Bay Head when these things go into revenue service.

You do know that the Hudson Tubes are at full capacity!

You do know that the Hudson Tubes are at full capacity!

Yes. And there is a way NJ Transit can make it work for the NJCL. They can combine Bay Head and Long Branch trains during rush hour. By this I mean 1 or 2 existing trips that go to Long Branch from NY Penn Station, can go directly to Bay Head so that it can work out for the crews and passengers. As for the RVL, only about 5 trips can go into Penn Station in the morning, and 5 trips from Penn Station in the evening. I think NJT might do that but we wont know until the ALP45DPs go into revenue service.

Yes. And there is a way NJ Transit can make it work for the NJCL. They can combine Bay Head and Long Branch trains during rush hour. By this I mean 1 or 2 existing trips that go to Long Branch from NY Penn Station, can go directly to Bay Head so that it can work out for the crews and passengers. As for the RVL, only about 5 trips can go into Penn Station in the morning, and 5 trips from Penn Station in the evening. I think NJT might do that but we wont know until the ALP45DPs go into revenue service.

The ALP45DP's are a waste until a 2nd set of tubes are built!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Sorry been a bit busy and forgot I started this thread. Hopefully I will be able to see some when I will be down in the area (July 15th to 22nd), because here in Montreal, they just begun the testing phase after the derailment issue we had with one of our units.

Joseph

Archived