Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Really who would want to go to Flushing from Brooklyn and the Rockaways. The Q38 needs to stay where it is because it's not going to help the Q58. All that's going to happen is get stuck in traffic in Flushing and on that little segment between 108th street and College Pt Blvd. I don't understand why is it really necessary to split the Q38 anyway. Yeah one part of the Q38 may have more riders but why not have short turns at Metropolitan Ave at the appropriate headways. Leave the Flushing part for the Q58 which is very fast. And if you complain about crowding tough this is New York the biggest city in the country you can't always expect a seat on the train or bus.

ok you are correct about Q38 not taking riders off Q58s only the handful that take it end to end would opt for it and a new ridership base separate from the Q58 itself would gladly use that route. 

1. First of all I haven't denied anything about Flushing, and stop trying to make this backfire to save his (and probably your's) ass and seem like the hero in the situations. In talking to him not you, so your argument is invalid, because I didn't even reference you until you stuck your head in this for no reason. And this Q38 to Flushing will succeed, eh? The reason is that there isn't enough demand, if there is, it wouldn't been made years ago. If demands is high, them the MTA will consider it. For now its the 72 to the 58. If you don't want to take it, go to the (7). What the f**k does this have to the BM5, leave the damn route alone.

2. That's the same proposal that Federick Wells guy also was proposing (NICE), but transit is to seve the masses. I didn't even mention LGA in that sentence at all.

Who is going from Ridgewood to Flushing. Tell me who?

And what BS have I said about routes that have low ridership that I've said the opposite. Tell me. Name ONE!

Just save yourself the keystrokes man, because you know no matter what you say, they'll never listen.

Anyways, that last part is if the Q38 gets better headways, because if that happened with current headways, it would create 30+ minute waits on one branch.

dude I don't think that Q38 Penelope should go to Ridgewood directly that was Q90's idea not mine. And as for brooklyn I think all you need to do is simply observe woodhaven Blvd traffic then you will get us answer. U mad bro? Hmm one ok bxm4 lol. As for federick wells the problem with his plan isn't that there is no demand for Nassau to Bronx travel the problem is that NICE has a huge service area and that requires use of a highway that is deep into MTA territory there are enough going to the Bronx however not enough to justify multiple NICE lines going to the Bronx or enough where you divert N21s or 20s. To offset that weakness a separate MTA bus route that will go to the Bronx that will connect to several NICE lines along it's way gathering the few from each transfer lines and it adds up fast then you end up with a full bus before you know it some may even take it from just queens to the Bronx or to reach the N20/21 ect.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 ok you are correct about Q38 not taking riders off Q58s only the handful that take it end to end would opt for it and a new ridership base separate from the Q58 itself would gladly use that route.  dude I don't think that Q38 Penelope should go to Ridgewood directly that was Q90's idea not mine. And as for brooklyn I think all you need to do is simply observe woodhaven Blvd traffic then you will get us answer. U mad bro?

2.Hmm one ok bxm4 lol. As for federick wells the problem with his plan isn't that there is no demand for Nassau to Bronx travel the problem is that NICE has a huge service area and that requires use of a highway that is deep into MTA territory there are enough going to the Bronx however not enough to justify multiple NICE lines going to the Bronx or enough where you divert N21s or 20s. To offset that weakness a separate MTA bus route that will go to the Bronx that will connect to several NICE lines along it's way gathering the few from each transfer lines and it adds up fast then you end up with a full bus before you know it some may even take it from just queens to the Bronx or to reach the N20/21 ect.

You do know he originally said no to error's plan on sending Penelope Avenue Buses to Ridgewood, then in the blink of the eye, he proposed it, which was what I was trying to get out of him first.

2. I never said anything about the BxM4. I've defended it yes, but it will be reimbursed by the city at no cost to the MTA until Bus Company and NYCT combine. If ridership doesnt pick up by then, then it will then be reduced, but for now, it's staying as it currently is with a few minor adjustments. And no I'm not mad.

You do know he originally said no to error's plan on sending Penelope Avenue Buses to Ridgewood, then in the blink of the eye, he proposed it, which was what I was trying to get out of him first.

2. I never said anything about the BxM4. I've defended it yes, but it will be reimbursed by the city at no cost to the MTA until Bus Company and NYCT combine. If ridership doesnt pick up by then, then it will then be reduced, but for now, it's staying as it currently is with a few minor adjustments. And no I'm not mad.

ohh I see ok I admit error's idea was better but I do understand why Q90 guy wants it off Penelope.

1. First of all I haven't denied anything about Flushing, and stop trying to make this backfire to save his (and probably your's) ass and seem like the hero in the situations. In talking to him not you, so your argument is invalid, because I didn't even reference you until you stuck your head in this for no reason. And this Q38 to Flushing will succeed, eh? The reason is that there isn't enough demand, if there is, it wouldn't been made years ago. If demands is high, them the MTA will consider it. For now its the 72 to the 58. If you don't want to take it, go to the (7). What the f**k does this have to the BM5, leave the damn route alone.

2. That's the same proposal that Federick Wells guy also was proposing (NICE), but transit is to seve the masses. I didn't even mention LGA in that sentence at all.

Who is going from Ridgewood to Flushing. Tell me who?

And what BS have I said about routes that have low ridership that I've said the opposite. Tell me. Name ONE!

Just save yourself the keystrokes man, because you know no matter what you say, they'll never listen.

Anyways, that last part is if the Q38 gets better headways, because if that happened with current headways, it would create 30+ minute waits on one branch.

To be fair, I have a few times when I lived in Bushwick lol...long as hell and almost no one used it from end to end

To be fair, I have a few times when I lived in Bushwick lol...long as hell and almost no one used it from end to end

Lol, but Im guessing you didn't actually had to go some place that made your make the entire Q58 route. You will have are your few people who have all the free time in the world. The farthest I've gone from Ridgewood is to QBL and from Flushing to Maspeth lol.

That was the Q38E to Ridgewood I opposed since it didn't go to Flushing to supplement the Q58 for the correction.

Lol, but Im guessing you didn't actually had to go some place that made your make the entire Q58 route. You will have are your few people who have all the free time in the world. The farthest I've gone from Ridgewood is to QBL and from Flushing to Maspeth lol.

I've used the Q58 from Fresh Pond Road/Putnam Avenue (which is still close to RIT) all the way to end at Main Street/41 Road several times before.

But Furmanville is slightly thinner then Penelope Avenue, from 80 street to Woodhaven. That would just inconvience way too many customers, more then actually help.

But cars only park on the westbound direction on Furmanville so there's more room for buses to pass through.

I actually was in Flushing so instead of me taking the train, I opted for the bus to see how it was

Here are a few service adjustments should be made to the Q1 and Q36:

Q1: extended to Floral Park via Jamaica Avenue where Q36 currently terminates at during weekends. Also headways would be shortened to 5 minutes and service along Springfield Boulevard would be discontinued (all Q1s would diverge off Hillside Avenue at Braddock Avenue).

Q36: all buses would run daily between Jamaica-165 Street Terminal and Little Neck LIRR Station with 20 minute headways. The reduced schedule is due to the Q1 extension and increased frequency and so it doesn't overserve Little Neck Parkway too much now all buses at all times would go there.

Here are a few service adjustments should be made to the Q1 and Q36:

Q1: extended to Floral Park via Jamaica Avenue where Q36 currently terminates at during weekends. Also headways would be shortened to 5 minutes and service along Springfield Boulevard would be discontinued (all Q1s would diverge off Hillside Avenue at Braddock Avenue).

Q36: all buses would run daily between Jamaica-165 Street Terminal and Little Neck LIRR Station with 20 minute headways. The reduced schedule is due to the Q1 extension and increased frequency and so it doesn't overserve Little Neck Parkway too much now all buses at all times would go there.

A great big no.

As a resident of this area, I can tell you that these changes would be extremely detrimental. Jamaica Av is a corridor that does deserve intense bus service in its own right - existing Q36 buses are busy during the peak, whereas the Q1 serves mostly as a relief route for the Q43 at 179th St. The section of Jamaica Av through Queens Village between Springfield and 212th certainly requires more than every 20 minutes.

The "enhanced" Q1 you're proposing would be even more frequent than the existing Q43, which is already being studied as an SBS route. It would create a ridiculous amount of overcapacity and congestion on Hillside, which is already congested (and would add congestion on a longer stretch, since the Q36 turns off at 212th.) You're actually increasing total service, in a way that isn't beneficial to anybody since the Q1 is a very slow local compared to the limited Q43 service.

Lastly, getting rid of the Springfield branch is incredibly counter productive - transfer volumes between the Q27/88 and Q43 at Springfield are already high, and the Q1 helps to ease the burden.

Since there is no attics currently, I think the headways on the Q111 need to decreased on Sunday evenings/nights. It makes no sense hat Sunday nights at 10 pm feels like Monday at 6:30pm leaving from Jamaica.......

Q113 should not have to do the 111's job being local.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

I mean evening Q111 needs a boost. And Q113 ltd hours expansion.

Personally I think all Q113s should run limited on Guy R. Brewer Boulevard and the Q111 would be local however boost Q111 so it makes up for the lost Q113 local service. Also, extend Q111 to Cedarhurst at all times.

Personally I think all Q113s should run limited on Guy R. Brewer Boulevard and the Q111 would be local however boost Q111 so it makes up for the lost Q113 local service. Also, extend Q111 to Cedarhurst at all times.

Problem chedarhurst has 2 trips. And Q113 local rockaway segment will need a replacement extending Q37 via rockaway Blvd won't hurt boost it with Q84 extension via brookville Blvd I am sure that would be welcome only then can you make Q113 100% LTD without negatively impacting anyone actually your improving service that way since Q84& 37 run more often than every 20 mins and Q113 local runs like shit anyway.

Problem chedarhurst has 2 trips. And Q113 local rockaway segment will need a replacement extending Q37 via rockaway Blvd won't hurt boost it with Q84 extension via brookville Blvd I am sure that would be welcome only then can you make Q113 100% LTD without negatively impacting anyone actually your improving service that way since Q84& 37 run more often than every 20 mins and Q113 local runs like shit anyway.

Actually the Q113 would only be limited along Guy R. Brewer but all buses would be local in Rockaway and the only logical place to extend the Q37 is to JFK Airport to relieve crowds on the Q10 and Q84 should be left the way it is. Also I stated to send all Q111s to Cedarhurst.

That Q37 extension would actually serve Airtrain federal circle en route to rockaway Q113 riders would be pissed as many don't use stops on 147th ave anyway slowing the ride there isa rreason Q113 LTD was routed off of 147th street to rockaway Blvd. Use Q113 and find out. Q84 would gain more ridership that way as the closest shopping areas in laurelton are green acres done by Q5s and the wholesale places on rockaway Blvd by Nassau expressway that would actually boost usage on that line big-time. And now some Brooklyn riders and queens residents don't have to put up with the (A) . Especially those by the van wyck now have that direct ride unless you want NICE N33 to federal circle airtrain. Which can boost ridership but at what cost to it's reliability? Rockaway Blvd is not always fast however many do go to long beach or at least Atlantic beach if you know the traffic there.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Q37 reroute idea in Ozone Park

The reason for this proposal is because 114 Street is way too narrow for two-way traffic. In addition, the route should be straightened through Ozone Park. I would run the Q37 like this through Ozone Park.

To 150 Avenue---via Rockaway Boulevard, right on 114 Street, left on 135 Avenue, and continue on 135 Avenue.

To Kew Gardens---via 135 Avenue, no right turn onto Lefferts Boulevard. Instead, continue on 135 Avenue to 114 Place, right on 114 Place, left on Rockaway Boulevard, and regular.

Q9 (to expand the service footprint). Instead of serving Liberty Avenue, the Q9 would instead continue on Sutphin Boulevard to Linden Boulevard. Right at Linden Boulevard, west to 130 Street, and south on 130 Street to South Conduit Avenue to a terminus with the Q37. This would more evenly serve South Ozone Park. as well as serve some customers who had previously used the Q41 prior to its rerouting onto 109 Avenue. Linden Boulevard would also see a partial restoration of local service lost when the Q89 was cut.

Q40: northbound---reroute service from Lakewood Avenue to 109 Avenue to avoid bidirectional bus traffic on a narrow street.

Service on Little Neck Parkway---break up through service into 2 parts...the aim would be to reduce deadhead dstance on the Q36 since the Q12 runs on and runs off from Main Street.

Q36 - would only run up to the Grand Central Parkway. There, the Q36 would turn right, run via the North Shore Towers, turn right on Lakeville Road, operate via LIJ, and then turn right at 77 Avenue and left at 270 Street to Union Turnpike, which would be its terminus. Return to Jamaica via Union Turnpike and Lakeville Road Since the Q36 approaches LIJ from the north, the Q46 turnaround is not available.

Q12 - would be extended through Deepdale and Douglaston, operating via Little Neck Parkway to 260 Street...then via Glen Oaks and Union Turnpike to the Q46 terminus.

Edited by aemoreira81

Nobody is gonna take the Q36 to the north shore towers. Of those people that use public transportation, they take the QM6. Look at it this way, those residents are just like riverdalians in a sense (opt for the express over local) or the Shore Road residents.

The aim is to end the route at LIJ, which is a major destination. NST is just for network coverage purposes.

Service on Little Neck Parkway---break up through service into 2 parts...the aim would be to reduce deadhead dstance on the Q36 since the Q12 runs on and runs off from Main Street.

Q36 - would only run up to the Grand Central Parkway. There, the Q36 would turn right, run via the North Shore Towers, turn right on Lakeville Road, operate via LIJ, and then turn right at 77 Avenue and left at 270 Street to Union Turnpike, which would be its terminus. Return to Jamaica via Union Turnpike and Lakeville Road Since the Q36 approaches LIJ from the north, the Q46 turnaround is not available.

(1) What "deadhead distance"? There aren't any Q36 deadheads to or from Little Neck — every Little Neck trip goes there and returns in service.

(2) North Shore Towers management has repeatedly gone on record stating that local buses are too low-class and will never be allowed on NST property; that opposition would probably extend to a stop outside the gate as well.

Edited by Gotham Bus Co.

(1) What "deadhead distance"? There aren't any Q36 deadheads to or from Little Neck — every Little Neck trip goes there and returns in service.

(2) North Shore Towers management has repeatedly gone on record stating that local buses are too low-class and will never be allowed on NST property; that opposition would probably extend to a stop outside the gate as well.

From what end of the route do Q36 buses deadhead? As for NST, I don't see how they could block a stop on Marcus Avenue.

From what end of the route do Q36 buses deadhead? As for NST, I don't see how they could block a stop on Marcus Avenue.

Those are affluent people , look how close it is to Nassau County, That whole area as well is affluent as well (Douglaston, Little Neck, Glen Oaks). They would only use the QM6, and not any local bus. You already have the QM6 at NST for coverage, and the residents only utilize that. Why do you think they've never asked for local service?

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal