NICE(aka formely LI Bus) Proposals/Ideas 2012

Threxx

My only idea is the N27/L & N28/X

Jamaica-Freeport via Nassau Bl & Ocean Avenue. (N27)

Great Neck-Freeport via Nassau Bl & Ocean Avenue. (N28)

Any suggestions or critiques?

NICE already has an N27 that serves Glen Cove, Rosyln, and Hempstead. What good will this route do?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamaica-Freeport via Nassau Bl & Ocean Avenue. (N27)

Make the N27 the N29, or any route not being used.

I forgot this:

n77 Roslyn LIRR or RF (Peak Only) - Syosset LIRR

>Runs via Roslyn Road, Hillside Avenue,(to Roslyn) or Glen Cove Road (to RF) Jericho Tpke, and Jackson Avenue

Jamaica-Freeport via Nassau Bl & Ocean Avenue. (N29)

How will the n29 get from Nassau Blvd to Jamaica? How will the n28 get to Great Neck from there? How will they both get to Freeport from Rockville Centre? Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just a bit confused.

What, the Nassau Bl route? I forgot the N27 existed. The N28/29 combo would be a north-south route for Western Nassau.

The Nassau Blvd routes won't work. The N4 already serves Freeport and Jamaica via Merrick Road. As for a route between Great Neck and Freeport, the route is too long. Plus, some parts of Nassau don't need route between Great Neck and Freeport.

I forgot these:

Downtown Loop

>(From LI via Brookltn Bridge) via Centre St, Chambers St, Broadway to Bridge St

>(To LI) Broadway/Bridge St (start) via Broad St, William St, Maiden La, Nassau St, and Park Row

nm1 Express: Oyster Bay - Downtown Loop

> via I-278, I-495, and NY106. (Express)

> First Stop: NY25A/The Hollows West

> Runs via Northern Blvd (NY25A), Berry Hill Road, Sandy Hill Road, and Main St to Its Terminus at NY106/Weeks Ave (Local)

nm2 Express: Bayville - Downtown Loop

> via I-278, I-495, NY106, and West Shore Road (Express)

> First Stop: West Shore Road/The Concourse

> via Ludlam Av, Bayville Av, and Perry Av to its terminus at Creek/Cat Hollow Rds

nm3 Express: Hempstead - Downtown Loop via Brooklyn

> via Hempstead Tpke, Jamaica Av, Fulton St, and Boerum Place.

> makes stops in Brooklyn on Tillary Street and at 165 St in Jamaica

Jamaica-Freeport via Nassau Bl & Ocean Avenue. (N29)

How will the n29 get from Nassau Blvd to Jamaica? How will the n28 get to Great Neck from there? How will they both get to Freeport from Rockville Centre? Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just a bit confused.

Where would it go from Merrick Avenue? Merrick or Hempstead?

Because if it is going back to Hempstead, may as well call it the N47.

It will go to Bellmore. It's a rerouted n46 absorbing the n47 as well. Points F-I along N49 route will be short-turns, or former n47 trips. As for the n51 reroutation, it would use Meadowbrook Road

Not as much as an express as one would hope... I assume you're using Atlantic Avenue between Jamaica & Downtown Brooklyn?

Problem with your downtown loop: No buses on Brooklyn Bridge. A few tweaks, and it could use the Manhattan Bridge.

It's OK. The n29 would use Hillside Avenue from Jamaica. The n28 would use Marcus Avenue & Lakeville Road. From Rockville Centre, they'd use Sunrise Hwy or Merrick Road.

I also have another idea, just want some suggestions from Nassau natives or knowegables.

N42: Floral Park LIRR Station to Nassau Community College. (Via Stewart Avenue, 7th St & Rockville Centre)

The Nassau Blvd routes won't work. The N4 already serves Freeport and Jamaica via Merrick Road. As for a route between Great Neck and Freeport, the route is too long. Plus, some parts of Nassau don't need route between Great Neck and Freeport.

How is it too long? The n20 is quite long.

As a Brooklynite, I think that this route should terminate in Downtown Brooklyn.

Not as much as an express as one would hope... I assume you're using Atlantic Avenue between Jamaica & Downtown Brooklyn?

correctamundo.

Problem with your downtown loop: No buses on Brooklyn Bridge. A few tweaks, and it could use the Manhattan Bridge.

Yeah, the 1/2 just get off the BQE earlier, and the 3 just uses tillary and Flatbush

As a Brooklynite, I think that this route should terminate in Downtown Brooklyn.

Most LIRR trains go to Brooklyn from Hempstead, so no.

I forgot This: as if I haven't done so already...

n93 Super Nassau Hub Shuttle (Extreme Version)

>Runs via the pre-2010 n93 route to Fulton Av, to HTC and then via Washington Avenue to Mineola, and then via Old Country Road to RF

If you're confused by any of my plans, they are here.

Hope you know that vehicles can't go straight up Centre St at the Brooklyn Bridge. Road dosen't exist. You should use Park Row & Bowery.

I didnt... but now I do.

What do you think of the other routes?

It's OK. The n29 would use Hillside Avenue from Jamaica. The n28 would use Marcus Avenue & Lakeville Road. From Rockville Centre, they'd use Sunrise Hwy or Merrick Road.

1.Hillside already has the N22, the 22A, and 26. Also, Where in Jamaica do you want this route to terminate at? Most Nassau routes the use Hillside usually goes to the 165th Terminal.

2. If the N28 followed the N25's routing, then it will end up in Lynbrook, not Rockville Centre.

3. Sunrise Highway doesn't need bus service. The LIRR already has Sunrise covered.

I also have another idea, just want some suggestions from Nassau natives or knowegables.

N42: Floral Park LIRR Station to Nassau Community College. (Via Stewart Avenue, 7th St & Rockville Centre)

The N16, N35, N45, and N51 already goto NCC via Stewart Avenue, so, this route isn't needed. Plus, I don't think Stewart between the Mall and Franklin Ave needs bus service. It just wouldn't work.

Repiles in Blue

The N16, N35, N45, and N51 already goto NCC via Stewart Avenue, so, this route isn't needed. Plus, I don't think Stewart between the Mall and Franklin Ave needs bus service. It just wouldn't work.

You know you can edit the quote so you quote what you want...

I don't live there, I'm taking people's words for it...

Can we stop drawing random lines on a map. A bus route needs businesses near by where people work 6 days a week. Most of these goth through people homes and no wants to wait 1 hour for the bus to go up the block. Most of the north shore shore in eastern nassau doesn't have sidewalks the only possible thing i can see is a St. Doms bus in Oyster bay. Other thing to fix the Robbins lane and jackson ave connection problem is reopen Landia station. Freeport to Glen cove is too long for a bus. When new routes are created back then in the 90's they knew what they were getting into. add more bus service to routes that only run once an hour then work off of that.

N6X: Add stop at New Hyde Park Road in both directions

N17: Add stops at W.Graham and Franklin Street, and Scyamore and W. Graham Avenue in both directions

N24: Limited Service between Jamaica and Hicksville 6AM-9Am, 5PM-8PM

My idea:

N32x

Hempstead-Far Rockaway Express

Stops:

Hempstead Transit Center

Franklin St. at Fulton St.

Franklin St. at Peninsula Bvld.

Mercy Medical Center

Peninsula Bvld. at Rockaway Tpke.

Central Ave. at Doughty Bvld. (Inwood Station)

Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue Station

Archived