NICE(aka formely LI Bus) Proposals/Ideas 2012

Threxx

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n20 SHORT-TURNS SHOULD become n21 trips

New N3:

Operates from 6AM-10PM

From Green Acres to Jamaica via Hempstead Tpke, Frankin Avenue, and Merrick Road

I have doubts about N21 trips into N20 short turns. That will only make the N20 even more packed and crowded from Main Street to Glen Cove.

I have doubts about N21 trips into N20 short turns. That will only make the N20 even more packed and crowded from Main Street to Glen Cove.

He's saying the opposite should be done: Those N20 short-turns to Great Neck and/or Roslyn should be reverted back to N21 trips to Glen Cove.

vwm I mentioned N50 to long beach but not from soyoset I travel through LI very frequently so I am very familiar with the LI transit system and how it relates to others. The N50 would improve links to N35/51/55/54/46 and create a crosstown for centennial and long beach rd it would ease N15 crowding on the southern end. With timed links with N35 now you have a faster ride to Long beach. My N80 idea is to add ridership to the line it serves several purposes. N20 roslyn however should simply just become N21 while N20 great neck becomes N80 via LIE with transfer stop at willis for N23. Trexx why the attitude its a discussion not flame war

The n80 and 50 are both too long. For the 50, just use the 36 and the n80.... Just no. Please. Syosset is much closer on the n50 than it is to long beach. if you think we need a crosstown from Bellmore to LB, create a new route for that. (n18)

Anyway, I have revamped my n77 proposal.

N77 Roosevelt Field Mall - S. Huntington (Walt Whitman Mall)

Runs hourly via Jericho Turnpike/Main Road, Syosset LIRR (Underwood Blvd/Jackson Av), and Carle Place LIRR (Elison Av/Westbury Av/Cherry Lane)

RUNS HOURLY

Westbound Weekday

First westbound trip is 7:00 AM from Syosset LIRR to RF. First Full trip is 7:46 AM from WWM. Last trip is 8:46 PM from WWM to Syosset LIRR.

Eastbound Weekday

First trip is 7:10 AM from Syosset LIRR to WWM. First full trip is 7:37 AM from RF to WWM. Last trip is 8:37 from RF to Main Rd/Woodbury Road in Woodbury.

Saturday service operates in a loop from WWM to Syosset LIRR via Main Rd, Jackson Av, and Underhill Blvd (Eastbound only)

W/B trips depart WWM on the :46 and E/B trips depart Syosset on the :20. Service is rush only (6:46 - 10 :20 AM) and (5:46 - 9:20 PM)

N77 always interlines with itself.

Comments?

The N50 can be the crosstown no need for new rte this will give ppl a more direct travel path N36 is useless beyond freeport this is geared at the newbridge rd corridor timed links with LIRR render extension useless this would make the line an hour long end to end and would attract ridership while being more direct noone uses it to bellmore let em transfer to N51 again N36 has nothing to do with it. knowing mangano he may like my N80 idea yay politics. It uses N20 short turns to get rid of a weak line while speeding time to hicksville from flushing. You have NO reason why those changes wont work and the ones presented so far are BS anyway. Dont waste money on new lines when you can modify existing lines and do more with less think run picks.

n16/n24/n51 restructuring

The n51 currently operates all trips between Roosevelt Field Mall and Merrick Road/Merrick Avenue in Merrick.

n51 buses would be extended to Hempstead via Clinton Avenue, to better serve people from Neigborhoods along Merrick Avenue that need the service to connecting routes. In addition, There will be added short turns on the n51 from Hempstead to Merrick Avenue/ Hempstead Turnpike via Roosevelt Field and the NCC. Also, there will be certain non stop trips from Hempstead to NCC for students that need the service. This service will be called the n51x

The n24 currently operates between Jamaica and Hicksville. There is an Extention to Garden City Rush hours. The proposals for the n24 is for all trips to Operate from Jamaica-Hicksville. The service to Garden City will be truncated at Roosevelt Field. Customers take the n24 to Garden City past Roosevelt Field would have to take the n51 short turns, which will be coordinated to leave 5 minutes after the n24 terminates at Roosevelt Field for each trip that went to Garden City. Current Short turns between Roosevelt Field and Jamaica will not be affected.

The n16 currently operates between Hempstead and the Rockville Centre LIRR Station, via Roosevelt Field Mall. There are certain trips that are labeled n16x. These trips operate during the NCC Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters. The proposal is for all n16x trips to be relabeled n51x. This means that all n16 trips will operate local between Hempstead and Rockville Centre

n27 Restructuring and n78 elimination

n27: The n27 currently operate between Roslyn and Glen Cove. Rush hours, buses are extended to Hempstead via Roslyn Road. This proposal would extend the n27 off peak hours to the East Williston LIRR Station. This would mean that the transfer point for buses between the n23 and n27 would no longer be in Roslyn, where buses tend to leave before the n23 does. The n27 takes a faster way to Roslyn than the n23, meaning that it will be guaranteed that all n27 would wait for the n23.

n78 Elimination

n78: The n78 currently operates between Hicksville and Plainview, Rush Hours. The n78 would be eliminated entirely. The n24 would replace it. More details to Folloe

Garden City = East Meadow, but aside from that it's a great idea ;)

Not only that, but I would reorder the Bay At Roosevelt Field Order also based on my proposals.

Bay 1 n22 Jamaica, n22x Jamaica

Bay 2 n22a Jamaica, n24 Jamaica, n43/51 Hempstead

Bay 3 n15 Long Beach, n16 Rockville Centre, n45 Bellmore, n51 Merrick, n24 Hicksville

Bay 4 n23/27 Hempstead, n22/22x Hicksville, n35 Baldwin Harbor

Bay 5 n23 Manorhaven, n27 Glen Cove, n43 Freeport

Bay 6 n35 Westbury

Bay 7 Emergency Bay

Eliminating the n78 and replacing it with the n24 is a terrible idea. The n24 is already long enough with it's current extension to the Hicksville LIRR station, and it doesn't have a limited stop variant or an express variant to provide a fast ride to/from Jamaica.

Bay 7: n77 S. Huntington

The n78/79 could be merged with the n73/74 more easliy. Most 73s interline with the 79 anyway, and both the n74 and n78 run peak hours only.

Eliminating the n78 and replacing it with the n24 is a terrible idea. The n24 is already long enough with it's current extension to the Hicksville LIRR station, and it doesn't have a limited stop variant or an express variant to provide a fast ride to/from Jamaica.

Most of the N78/79's ridership before April 8th was between Hicksville and Mineola. Eliminating the N78 and extending the N24 to Walt Whitman is a good idea for ridership because alot of the bus ridership comes out of Jamaica. Connecting that area east of Hicksville to Jamaica would increase ridership. People wouldn't have to worry about missing the connection between the N24 and N79 anymore, and the schedules could be perfectly matched to meet other connections.

Most of the N78/79's ridership before April 8th was between Hicksville and Mineola. Eliminating the N78 and extending the N24 to Walt Whitman is a good idea for ridership because alot of the bus ridership comes out of Jamaica. Connecting that area east of Hicksville to Jamaica would increase ridership. People wouldn't have to worry about missing the connection between the N24 and N79 anymore, and the schedules could be perfectly matched to meet other connections.

Except that you make the service more unreliable for the riders west of Hicksville (and for that matter, those waiting at Hicksville going to points east)

You're better off just holding the connections when needed instead of combining the routes.

Good news!! I got email from SignOn Petition which I targeted Michael Seltzer.

Thanks to my petition:

June 24th, 2012

Additinal N21 Southbound in evening.

N27: Off-Peak service extended to Roosevelt Field Mall. Adding more Hempstead trips at night.

N23: Additing more Mineola trip at night.

N78/N79: Schedule change to flow with N24 connection.

From my EMail:

Michael Seltzer, CEO of Nassau Inter County Express, a target of the petition you created on SignOn.org, “Demand Veolia to Restore N2/N8, N21, N23/N27, N78/N79” (http://signon.org/si...olia-to-restore), sent the following message to constituents who signed your petition.

This message was sent through the SignOn.org system. The email addresses of the signers of your petition have NOT been shared with the sender.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your suggestions. We have been monitoring daily operations since the April 8 schedules went into effect as well as listenting to customers' reactions. On June 24 we begin summer schedules as a mattter of course, so we will take that opportnunity to install some fine tuning based on actual results.

We have made improvements to many of the lines you are concerned about. The n27 weekday off peak will now travel to Roosevelt Field Mall, giving those customers plenty of options to travel to Hempstead and other destinations as well. We’re adding more trips on the n27 to Hempstead and n23 to Mineola at night. We also adjusted trip times on the n78/79 to help the connection to the 24 flow smoother. On the n21 we added an additional southbound trip in the evening.

WE think these changes will improve many of the conditions you write to us about. NICE is still contractually bound to operate only as much service as the County can afford based on revenues from all sources; County, State, Federal and farebox, and therefore cannot meet everyones' needs, but instead must concentrate on putting the service where the need is greatest.

N1: Serves the Jamaica 165th Street Bus Terminal All Times instead of during Rush Hours.

N2: Rush Hour Trips to the 165th Street Terminal.

N17: Rockville Centre to Mineola LIRR via Franklin Avenue and Hempstead Avenue. Weekdays Only. Service along Graham, Peninsula, and N.Village Eliminated.

N89: Roosevelt Field - Jones Beach via Meadowbrook Parkway.

Archived